Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    To be honest I thought the whole statement of "I have never trusted you" was kind of odd too. How long has it been since the Forsaken joined the Horde? And you never trusted your fellow leader during all those years without speaking up?
    She does some shady shit.

If you call her out or annex the forsaken, you risk losing the bloodelves. So then we have 3 warring factions. Horde - BE+Forsaken - Alliance. That seems like a stupid move yes?

Does it not make much more sense to allow her to remain since she is (for the most part) doing what you want her to. Granted you always watch your back and you sleep with one eye open, but I think any leader would be stupid not to in the fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    They always say Saurfang is to old to become warchief, but he sure seems to outlive everybody else despite still kicking ass regularly.
    Well he's outlived the last two warchief's reigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't they bring Grom back from AU Draenor and make him warchief? He's the Horde hero all the Horde fanboys go crazy for, and now he's just sitting on his ass doing nothing in Draenor anyway...
    Shhhh you're spoiling the ending of Legion! Warcraft writers just hired George R. R. Martin (which is why he can't finish his own damn books) and WoW is about to get the Game of Thrones treatment... no one is safe.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-10 at 05:30 PM.

Why didn't they bring Grom back from AU Draenor and make him warchief? He's the Horde hero all the Horde fanboys go crazy for, and now he's just sitting on his ass doing nothing in Draenor anyway...
    The retard that is behind the Iron Horde fiasco should be military leader against the legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The retard that is behind the Iron Horde fiasco should be military leader against the legion?
    But he called us heroes so he is good guy now. And its not like being tacticool jinias is important anyway. Its not like he is gonna hide gronns behind the outhouse or something.

When Vol'jin said "you must step out of the shadows...and lead" I thought "that would be a better line for making Lor'themar warchief". He doesn't even call himself the leader of Silvermoon. He still considers himself just Regent Lord.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    The living races of Horde would never accept undead Warchief. Just look at all the history of everything undead in Warcraft's lore and world, and tell me that any living race would accept undead as their Warchief or King from the playable factions? The transition from Vol'jin to Sylvanas is just super bad story telling, but it was done because it's "interesting" and "cool" to see Sylvanas leading the Horde.

I'm don't even care much at this point, seeing how much they have butchered their lore during the years, and how the story is filled with illogical decisions and temper tantrums from major characters just to support gameplay, or to have cool OMG moments, and that's just what this "plot twist" is all about too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post

I myself was hoping Thrall would step back up but alas.
    He's too busy throwing the doomhammer in the maelstrom.

Deleted
    This is starting to feel a bit like game of thrones! everyone i like dies... #PrayForVol'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    He's too busy throwing the doomhammer in the maelstrom.
    He thought he was Thor and it would come back to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Lor'Themar is a strong leader, but lore-wise the Blood Elves are by far the smallest faction in the Horde. They are the remnant of the remnant, after Arthas and then Kael'Thas. Let me also remind you that his loyalty has wavered in the past - in 5.1 we learned that he was negotiating with the Alliance to leave the Horde. His alliegance has been strengthened since then, but still.
    Well to be fair, Vol'Jin also betrayed and even asked for the alliance help. Hell, everyone from the horde betrayed Garrosh by the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I wanted Lor'themar as Warchief, but Sylvanas is a good compromise.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Game of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    Did you watch the Horde side? Or are you pulling a Jaina and jumping to conclusions without seeing why Sylvanas had the Horde retreat?
    Nope. And I don't care. She turned tail and left us to die. It's not the first time the Horde's done that, either.

PS: If you've done the alliance version they're looking down on our position and then simply turn around and leave. There's no indication they're under threat, etc. It's very different if we look up and see them fighting for their lives. But we literally see them looking at us, turning around and WALKING off.
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-08-10 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    It was cringy. What I noticed about Sylvannis is that went away from her duality and just focused on the good part thus changing her character. (is a 90 degree change )

Their are good reason to ahve distrust on sylvannas, but also why she atleast could be the warleader. But adressing that story element probably doesn't fit horde story style....it's too humbling looking at weaknesses and flaws.

Right now the Forsaken are probably the most organised of the Horde and had the most time recover (eventhough their numbers dont really replenish). The orcs, trolls and Taurens but also humans have been too active in last few expansions giving them no time to recover properly especially with the broken isle breaking these armies.

For the Alliance we have the Night elves and Dwarves being major powers that had good time to get stronger even.

Im more pissed at the fact that they showed my demon hunter that cinematic without warning that it was an atomic spoiler to the story told in the broken shore that I didn't have acces to on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But he called us heroes so he is good guy now. And its not like being tacticool jinias is important anyway. Its not like he is gonna hide gronns behind the outhouse or something.
    What they meant was that he was horrible at leading into war when we were on Draenor so why should we have him leading us here? He was so bad that in the end Gul'Dan just walks in and says, "You suxzors at war so I'm boss now." and all of his guys that were left turned on him and joined Gul'dan.

He has an entire army from another planet flooding through the portal, gets his ass kicked by a small scout unit that then goes off to create strongholds all over Draenor. The weapons factory BlackRock Mountain gets crushed and all that Grom had left was to flee back to Tanaan jungle to a shitty orc fort where he gets removed from power. He isn't exactly making good choices. "Lets see, I know that with the power of warlocks and demons we still get our asses kicked so I will remove those and try to make it up with war machines which the Azerothians already have and have had for quite a while now... Genius military leader? Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    PLEASE show me where it was stated or agreed upon that the Alliance and Horde are explicit allies. Plebs have been saying this to discount the Horde. We ain't yo friends, dude. Let Varian burn or w/e.
    Right. You can't be trusted. Even when the entire world is under threat, you look out for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    It was cringy. What I noticed about Sylvannis is that went away from her duality and just focused on the good part thus changing her character. (is a 90 degree change )
    Maybe it would have been better if they hadn't recast her as a Hero. Then Vol'jin's decision would have been really puzzling, but also intriguing.

I wouldn't say it's stupid. It's a little lazy (the "god/spirits/powers told me to do this" angle isn't exactly new or particularly interesting).

What it is mostly though is incomplete. What we have now is essentially a prophecy, and what exactly it means will, presumably, play out throughout the Legion expansion. Whether it's good storytelling or bad literally can't be known yet.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    None of the others were showing any remarking skill in taking leadership.

It wasn't Saurfang, Baine, nor Lor'themar, it was Sylvanas the one who saved the Horde that day.
    That because blizzard turn all the spot light on her, Vol'jin was still alive, but she was the shouting the order and talking with Varian.