10+ Year Old Account

Limit to invasion participation?

So right now the only one going is orgrimmar back door yes, and an alliance one too I assume.

Am I limited to doing that once per day?

I hopped on my shaman to see an invasion actively taking place but when I go back with my warrior its not there. Back on my shaman... its there.

Just wondering because there are a few items/weapons I am hoping to snag for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So right now the only one going is orgrimmar back door yes, and an alliance one too I assume.

Am I limited to doing that once per day?

I hopped on my shaman to see an invasion actively taking place but when I go back with my warrior its not there. Back on my shaman... its there.

Just wondering because there are a few items/weapons I am hoping to snag for transmog.
    They spawn every 4 hours, they are not on a personal timer, but server time, so you have a limited window to complete them before they move. You are not limited to once per day. They changes zones, so they will not remain in the area you see now.

So far i've seen them at: Azshara, Westfall, Dun Morogh, Tanaris, North of Org, Crossroads
    Last edited by Droodid; 2016-08-10 at 05:46 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

You can do both that are currently active, there is no 'Alliance' and 'Horde' Invasions. There are just Invasions. You can do one after the other. Every 4 hours new one's spawn, and you can go do those 2 as well.

For a little further information, when you enter the zone with an invasion it will find you an invasion that is on stage 1 and phase you into that server, so any time during those 4 hours you will be able to do the full invasion (though sometimes you zone in to like a 90% stage 1). Alternately you can get into a group with somebody in a further along stage and it will phase you into their invasion. (This can be helpful if you are time limited.)

Also of note, after a few more days more than 2 will spawn at a time, you will still be able to do all of the active one's every 4 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so once every 4 hours.

Got it.

Can someone then explain why I see it on my shaman but don't see it on my warrior? They are same server Illidan? Both camped at back door atm.

Do you "phase out" after completing it?

Example:
    I have just completed on my warrior logged out and over to my shaman.

On my shaman (same server) I see ~80 people alliance and horde. Progressing through the event.

Log out and back to my warrior and I go to the back door and its as if nothing is happening.

Got it.

Can someone then explain why I see it on my shaman but don't see it on my warrior? They are same server Illidan? Both camped at back door atm.

Example:

On my shaman (same server) I see ~80 people alliance and horde. Progressing through the event.

Log out and back to my warrior and I go to the back door and its as if nothing is happening.
    Yes they are phased, otherwise you could sit there and farm crystals
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Got it.

Example:

After you finish that specific invasion in that 4 hour window it's completed and defeated until the next invasion starts. That's why it doesn't show up. You've beaten it.

Got it.

Example:

Correct, once you have completed it during the 4 hour time frame it is in that zone you will no longer see the event. I believe once it rotates back to that zone you would see it again.
    "Old WoW was when the game was bad yet good. New WoW is when the game is good yet bad." -Destil

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it! Thanks very helpful.

One last question for those in the know.

What is the purpose of Dark Whispers Dreadlord? Achievements? Rewards? Or just for fun?

Edit:
    @Sytrilix @WarFalcon1 @Turtlewithnoshell @Vegas82 @Droodid

Sorry to tag you all. Just didn't want to make another thread about it to get an answer.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-10 at 06:24 PM.

What is the purpose of Dark Whispers Dreadlord? Achievements? Rewards? Or just for fun?

Edit:

Sorry to tag you all. Just didn't want to make another thread about it to get an answer.
    "Just Fun."

Edit:

Yeah mostly "fun" but I'm avoiding SW and other cities due to it being annoying after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    "Just Fun."
    got the spells as lvl 70 mage, used one and got one shot in the next second. much fun was had xD

The phasing and stuff is confusing at first, but it's just magical that you can see an invasion going and don't have to think "shit, it's probably almost over and I'll miss getting a full set of rewards" because even after two hours you fly in and magically it's at 0% complete in Stage one.

I also like that at the end of the Broken Shore scenario you find the final boss fight has you cooperating with a whole group of players from the opposite faction on the other side of the pool whose scenario got merged with yours. This is Disney-level guest-management and "ride" design.

Blizzard is finally getting their shit together and not spending the entire budget on raid-encounter design.

Looking forward to the next few weeks.