Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't know why he is saying this publicly, but the US should ABSOLUTELY be arranging... unfortate accidents... for our foreign enemies around the world. It's too late to do anything about Vladmir Putin. But his potential successors having, you know, bad accidents on those icy Russian roads, would be a good start.

I mean we factuall do do stuff like this, to one degree or another, to various parties (and unequally). But the US would be foolish to take an active role in making sure the truly dangerous people don't live long, productive lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I thought this would be a Donald Trump thread at first, now I'm dissapointed
    Trump isn't a former CIA director IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    My country isn't pathetic, it's one of the best places to live in the world.
    And at least it hasn't morons promoting shit like this.
    I'd rather a life time of being the way the US is than one second of being what you are.

You view the Netherlands passive nature as right. Many Americans would view it as weakness and passivity. But you are a small country. I'd never want my country to be exactly the way it is: in some ways unbelievably warm and generous, in other ways reptilian in its cold bloodlessness, and always relentlessly ambitious.

Folks generally learn that yes, Matilda, the ends sometimes do justify the means, when they hit High School.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    My country isn't pathetic, it's one of the best places to live in the world.
    And at least it hasn't morons promoting shit like this.
    The Netherlands is one of the best places in the world? Maybe to get high lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Acting Director, so the fill in who wasn't good enough for the top job? Gee, I wonder why.
    In the US Acting Director almost invariably means that that person (no matter the agency in question) is a career agency official and deeply integrated into running of that agency, for decades, and is serving in the Director Position on an interim basis while a Director is approved by congress. Agency heads are political positions and serve at the pleasure of the president.

It is this way the US balances putting their political agenda at the head of the various arms of the executive branch, while still maintaining the professional experience of the agency workforce. When George W Bush became President, it's not like everyone who worked for Bill Clinton quit. Just the political positions were phased out.

"Acting" Directors usually move up and down between the Associate or Deputy position. FOr example, next year when Obama is out of office, Charlie Bolden will step down as NASA Administrator (NASA director) unless Hillary asks him to continue (she won't, he sucks). The Deputy Administrator Dava Newman will probably go too. So the acting Administrator, as it was last time will probably be Christopher Scolese, who is director of NASA Goddard, or one of NASA's Associate Administrators.

It is uncommon, for any agency, for career agency workers to be offered the top or 2nd in command job, unless they establish a political relationship with an incoming Administration. We see this all over. David Pataeus was the most beloved general of the past half century. Go back to 2008, and everyone expected he would be a future Army Chief of Staff or Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Instead, Petreus, being identified with the Bush Surge, was appointed CIA Director as a civilian, capitalizing on his experience during the Surge, and others (mostly his proteges and partners) went on to those jobs.

Generally speaking this country would be lucky to have career agency workers go to the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump isn't a former CIA director IIRC.
    Saw it on the front page and it cut off at the end of quote

First step in covertly would not be telling the whole world we should do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Saw it on the front page and it cut off at the end of quote
    Oh okay, I forgive you.