Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    All good points... But the problem here is your using tools like "logic" and "strategy". Unfortunately to a raging egotist/narcisit these tools do not exist. How do you convince a narcicist that its better for him that the public does not see him or hear him? He is convinced they love him, and he loves the rush the crowds probably give him when they chant his name.
    Problem with your argument is that he did same things during primaries, everyone said it'll mean him losing, and it got him winning them instead.

So obviously as a human being he thinks if he keeps doing it he'll keep winning.

And he might or might not be proven wrong, but his strategy is certainly sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    You mean these?

Yeah, the problem is the crossover between Trump supporters and people who think that killing big game animals for funsies is bad is probably miniscule. The rest of us aren't surprised by how nasty Trump's brood is.
    This shit makes me quite sad, living in the midst of a mass extinction event and Trump the younger busy killing what's left. No problem i'm sure it's for "conservation" and he loves animals, infact he has a plan for them!

Sometimes I do despair.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He said something left to interpretation, people either go one way or another with it, he clarifies it but you insist your interpretation is correct. If that isn't being ignorant I don't know what is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...t-comment.html

I don't fault people for interpreting it the way they did, I do fault they continue believing it when it was clarified for what it is. That's will full ignorance
    Citing Fox News isn't going to help you. Everyone but right wingers and the right wing media, meaning people all over the fucking world, heard him say to the "2nd amendment people", that she needed to die if she gets elected because he told them a lie that she was going to take the 2nd amendment away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Problem with your argument is that he did same things during primaries, everyone said it'll mean him losing, and it got him winning them instead.

So obviously as a human being he thinks if he keeps doing it he'll keep winning.

And he might or might not be proven wrong, but his strategy is certainly sound.
    The PROBLEM with that thinking is that that the voters in the primaries are completely different than voters in general elections.

There's a reason why many candidates go from "A TRUE Liberal/Conservative" in the primaries to pivoting to the center in the general election.

Motivated primary voters are generally more extreme in the political views as opposed to the general electorate.

Trump's antics are not going to get anyone extra to vote for him, they're already doing that. He needs to get people who were wavering to vote for him, and you don't do that by the way he's acting.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-08-10 at 09:19 PM.

I am having a hard time trying to understand what you are saying here, can you clarify please?
    He's pulling the Ayn Rand card, which is the card that (unintentially) shows the absurdity of certain Republican positions.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Nappies seems some how more fitting.
    Well Trump is another word for "fart," so it only makes sense that Nappies would be there to support Trump.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    This shit makes me quite sad, living in the midst of a mass extinction event and Trump the younger busy killing what's left. No problem i'm sure it's for "conservation" and he loves animals, infact he has a plan for them!

Sometimes I do despair.
    we're linving in the 6th mass extintion, yay!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    now, on a serious note, why there're ayn rand followers on these times? atlas shrugged should die a gruesome death, and stay there
    It's a worthwhile book to read so that you understand the viewpoint. I enjoyed it thoroughly in early university years, even agreed with its point of view for a short while until I remembered that in the real world, things aren't as simple as in the Libertarian fantasy land.

It's also good to have that experience so that you can be patient with people who are similarly temporarily deluded by that philosophy.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The PROBLEM with that thinking is that that the voters in the primaries are completely different than voters in general elections.
    How completely? Are they aliens from Mars?

There's a reason why many candidates go from "A TRUE Liberal/Conservative" in the primaries to pivoting to the center in the general election.
    Yeah, and there is reason why many of them failed after doing so...

Motivated primary voters are generally more extreme in the political views as opposed to the general electorate.
    There are two ways to approach this - either moderate yourself, or drive undecided people to extremes... and both Clinton and Trump campaigns seems to be going for second approach ("anything but Trump" and all)

You linked a fucking BLOG, as a fucking source that she was charged with something?

There are two ways to approach this - either moderate yourself, or drive undecided people to extremes... and both Clinton and Trump campaigns seems to be going for second approach ("anything but Trump" and all)
    because most of the people who vote, in the general doesnt vote in the primaries, and is in the center of the political spectrum (moderates)

7+ Year Old Account
    A man right now is escalating the trump tower. I'm watching it live right now on tv

10+ Year Old Account
    The same way that voting for your team captain is different than voting for school president. Primaries in states like Washington and Nevada, don't actually count votes before declaring delegates. Primary voting by general public is actually fairly new, as in less than 100 years. It was started specifically to create the impression that public has input into the process, but the reality is simply they do not. It's that historically primary voting has matched public opinion of the party selection, but they are not intertwined.

The fact that all do it, is not negated by the fact that half lose. They cannot both win...

Clinton is extreme? In what way?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yes they are in effect completely different.

Independents massively out number every other group.

It's like actually not even close.

Get out of here, Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post

Sometimes I do despair.
    It's called Small Penis Syndrome.

I just want to see you justify her lies.
    No, you are trying to brush off what he said and change the fucking subject to Hillary to make sure the damage is mitigated on Trump. You claim to not be an avid supporter of his, but you sure are doing your fucking hardest to defend him.

- - - Updated - - -

You justify all her other lies. I didn't remove it, I put in the youtube link
    You mean an author at Breitbart is fucking lying? Surprise surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    A man right now is escalating the trump tower. I'm watching it live right now on tv
    where, i wanna see

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yes they are in effect completely different.

Independents massively out number every other group.

It's like actually not even close.

Get out of here, Russian.
    Existence of independents doesn't mean they are not influenced by same rhetoric or issues as Trump or Clinton supporters. Only that they don't want to participate in party stuff (and that number of people like that grows, which is exactly what gets us Trump and Clinton as options in the end).

Is there breakdown on actual issues for independents though? And how hard is it to flip their opinions on someone in previous elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Nappies seems some how more fitting.
    Call em huggies, changed multiple times a day and are disposable.