Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Easiest way to install it if you're on steam is to go here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=729480149
    Subbed last night with a few friends. We couldn't believe how large this mod is. It feels like it doubled the size of the game in terms of content.

I started my Bee keeping planet last night. Going to be a bee honey master!

:I

Is there any way to take picture of your base/home/ect. ? It is too large to fit in a single screenshot. I was wondering, if only way was to take lot of pictures and then put them together into one large picture. I find my base pretty and all, but the save probably breaks if I instal that mod. Yet, i want to remember this one after I put lot of work into it... by my standards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    I just dug all the way to core fragment level on a desert planet without finding any oil. Is that usual, or am I just unlucky?
    America invaded it and took it all. That's why there were skeletons everywhere.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Okay, the frackin universe mod is certainly a great extension (and should probably be played with a fresh save game tbh), but it also lacks a bit of documentation. I tried to land on a radioactive planet and realized that they reverted the quality of life mode on the EPPs, so now the latest version does no longer actually do all the things. But even after I build a radiation one again, it didn't protect me. After crafting a level 1 additional radiation upgrade (after I found it in the endless lists of new items) didn't help either. Only after I unlocked the level 2 did it finally work..

I get the change, and it makes sense, but it's one of the things that they could tell you more clearly. Otherwise love the new biomes . There is also now so much more machinery that I'm actually feeling the need to maybe build a proper base somewhere, but I also feel like Galactus, as I'm now trying to suck up planets (mostly deserts ).
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-08-06 at 05:49 AM.

Anyone else have same problem that starbound crashes on startup? Last time i installed any mods was two days ago and it has worked at least that time so I don't think it is mods.

Simply put as I launch the game, the fish laughs at me and then the loading thingy might go about for a second or not at all. Sometimes i just go straight to desktop or I have to kill the process by alt+ctrl+del. :/

What to do?

EDIT: It seems when I deleted the entire starbound directory and reinstalled it, game works again. It stops working when I instal Fracking Universe addon. It worked fine for 2 days......
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-08-07 at 12:35 PM.

Nope works perfectly fine for me.

Btw, my drop luck in the Frozen Wastes sucks ass..

Sigh...

I don't know what happened. I removed everything once more, the same way as before. Then I installed the mods one by one. I got three mods. Avali mod and a race extender so I can actually pick an avali. Then I got frackin universe mod. These shouldn't conflict. Anyway... now suddenly everything works again. I put back my backupped save and everything is fine.

I hope I don't have to start messing around with this every few days...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just super busy getting resources >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

there was a bug in the fracking mod that was causing the crash

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Okay, the frackin universe mod is certainly a great extension (and should probably be played with a fresh save game tbh), but it also lacks a bit of documentation. I tried to land on a radioactive planet and realized that they reverted the quality of life mode on the EPPs, so now the latest version does no longer actually do all the things. But even after I build a radiation one again, it didn't protect me. After crafting a level 1 additional radiation upgrade (after I found it in the endless lists of new items) didn't help either. Only after I unlocked the level 2 did it finally work..

I get the change, and it makes sense, but it's one of the things that they could tell you more clearly. Otherwise love the new biomes . There is also now so much more machinery that I'm actually feeling the need to maybe build a proper base somewhere, but I also feel like Galactus, as I'm now trying to suck up planets (mostly deserts ).
    Yeah, all of the EPP's no longer protect you from all the things it previously did, although each one is crafted individually now instead of requiring the previous version.

If you craft the advantages ed crafting station for gear, forget the name, there is an ultimate EPP that protects from everything. So yeah, it would be helpful if they documented that for people who played vanilla first sin w it changes some aspects of progression.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Well I guess I'm mostly through with it and elder armor makes you immune to most effects anyway. I guess I can finally use the back slot for interesting things like the plasma light pack. I just wish there was a good melee weapon in that progression path :/.

Now I just wonder what else there is, do you happen to know what the highest level planet is? I guess I found most of them by now, the added diversity is definitely welcome.

For people who enjoy progression in these types of games and get bored with building fast I'd recommend the mod sincerely from the start, since a lot of it didn't even apply to me any longer. It's probably best played with a fresh save game.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think there is a bug with the engineer (if you recruit one for your ship). Mine has upgraded my FTL to the point of no longer using fuel and every now and then he still tells me he raised the efficiency by another 10%. frankly I should be getting fuel by now .

whats is the progression in this game? im playing with the frackin mod and i already got the 3 basic tech and the ship is ready to go, should i just jump to the others planets in the same solar system but i dont have fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    whats is the progression in this game? im playing with the frackin mod and i already got the 3 basic tech and the ship is ready to go, should i just jump to the others planets in the same solar system but i dont have fuel.
    Afaik you don't need fuel to jump to other planets in the same solar system. Only if you want to go to another solar system. If you dig down you will find certain crystals, which you can use to activate a gate (not sure if they are on every starter planet or if I just was lucky) where you then can buy fuel. You can also just go to a moon and mine the fuel directly in crystal form and extract it.

Though I guess you will need to fix your ship first anyway, so just do the quest chain that sends you out to get it repaired and refueled.

You can also buy fuel at that space/moon station (the market stall furthest to the left).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    You can also buy fuel at that space/moon station (the market stall furthest to the left).
    But you need to do the quest to get there, don't you? Iirc the teleport wasn't unlocked in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    But you need to do the quest to get there, don't you? Iirc the teleport wasn't unlocked in the beginning.
    I don't really remember either, just that I got my first fuel there.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I don't know if the mod changed how it works but you don't need fuel to go to another planet in the base game. You fly to a moon in the system you are in and harvest the purple crystals or fluid to use as fuel to go to another system.

You never have to buy fuel from the Outpost. The stuff is readily available in every system in the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I don't know if the mod changed how it works but you don't need fuel to go to another planet in the base game. You fly to a moon in the system you are in and harvest the purple crystals or fluid to use as fuel to go to another system.

You never have to buy fuel from the Outpost. The stuff is readily available in every system in the game.
    Maybe I'm just a retard then.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Avians are cute. <^_^>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Avians are cute. <^_^>
    Or crunchy, if you're a Floran.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.