The only thing left from WoD is guldan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    And the garrisons XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    And that is why I say the whole of WoD should've been a book to bring back a Gul'dan so we can have Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    And the garrisons XD
    Hurr durr so edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Again your first sentence is all about what has been explained outside of the game (thus far). Your second sentence is your interpretation.

Re-read my post as that was not my point. That there only is one legion is totally canon, but not throughly explained in-game.
    "Explained outside of the game"
    Well it's out there for free for anyone to read and listen to.
    They can't put everything in the game, even though that probably would've been better in a story telling perspective.

You think Khadgar never bothered to tell anyone about what happened in The Tomb of Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And that is why I say the whole of WoD should've been a book to bring back a Gul'dan so we can have Legion.
    Or just KJ bringing him back because he needed someone to open the tomb or some such thing: "Learned your lesson now? Good, now unlock the seals and open the blasted portal before I have you killed. Again."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Or just KJ bringing him back because he needed someone to open the tomb or some such thing: "Learned your lesson now? Good, now unlock the seals and open the blasted portal before I have you killed. Again."
    guldans soul was consumed by illidan.. .so no he couldent
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Stupid alternate universe crap. Okay I get that its a story to tell but anytime fictional universes start dabbling in time travel and alternate universes it opens so many plot holes and unanswerable questions. It gets too messy when you open that can of worms.

Blizzard should have just resurrected MU Guldan and left the AU stuff in WoD.

There be demons and they fuck shit up and we have to kick their ass

10+ Year Old Account
    So did "our" universe Gul'dan die then? I won't lie I didn't pay attention to the lore very much in WoD.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    guldans soul was consumed by illidan.. .so no he couldent
    Just a shard, so yes he could. Edit: I should probably clarify that we don't actually know how much a "shard" is, or whether someone can be brought back without it. However, given the amount of retcons and re-writes Blizzard has pulled over the years, it wouldn't be particularly hard to write a story arc in which Gul'dan is brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    So did "our" universe Gul'dan die then? I won't lie I didn't pay attention to the lore very much in WoD.
    Yep. Killed by demons inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyis View Post
    Stupid alternate universe crap. Okay I get that its a story to tell but anytime fictional universes start dabbling in time travel and alternate universes it opens so many plot holes and unanswerable questions. It gets too messy when you open that can of worms.

Blizzard should have just resurrected MU Guldan and left the AU stuff in WoD.
    Yeah, there's no real way of doing this without it becoming a mess. This was always going to be the case, and it always is with time travel. Regardless of what sort of plot the writers come up with, you can always just go: "Well, just pop back some time before the plot and alter it." There's just no way around that.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2016-08-11 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post

Yep. Killed by demons inside the Tomb of Sargeras.

Hmm. Did this happen in WoD or as a part of this beginning patch with Legion?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I would make the assumption that our Well of Eternity/Nightwell/Sunwell have everything to do with why we are special, Azeroth is likely the focul point of the many verses throughout the known realm. It would explain why the Titans went through the hassel of both cleansing the planet and leaving it with the Aspects to protect it. Azeroth is likely meant to be a countermeasure to the legion's dominence in some way, as the engine in Northrend and the questline speaking about Azeroth itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    i have no idea why it is so hard to get.
    all happens in OUR universe, all characters are from OUR universe with the exception of gul'dan.
    and there is no "second burning legion in another universe" the nether transcends all realities, and so does to the legion.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, our gul'dan is dead.
    killed by demons cause he went traitor.

- - - Updated - - -

our gul'dan died in wc3....

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    And the garrisons XD
    This is turning into a troll thread.

You are creating problems where there are none. If you think garrissons survived you need to brush up on more then lore

- - - Updated - - -

This happened before wc3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    I would make the assumption that our Well of Eternity/Nightwell/Sunwell have everything to do with why we are special, Azeroth is likely the focul point of the many verses throughout the known realm. It would explain why the Titans went through the hassel of both cleansing the planet and leaving it with the Aspects to protect it. Azeroth is likely meant to be a countermeasure to the legion's dominence in some way, as the engine in Northrend and the questline speaking about Azeroth itself.
    the pantheon cleansed the planet because 1) its their job to bring order
    2) azeroth is a titan.
    sargeras wants to destroy (now put his dick into it, thank you book found in the warlock order hall) azeroth because he thinks its corrupted.
    the well of eternity, nightwell and sunwell is filled with azeroths own blood.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-08-11 at 01:53 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Nono, there is a difference. There have been 2 Gul'dans so far. The first Gul'dan you meet in WC3, he was one of the leader of the INITIAL orc horde that invaded azeroth from outlands (BC). Gul'dan broke off from the Horde and raised the Islands where the "Tomb of Sargeras" was. The Tomb as created and left by the Guardian who proceeded Mehdiev (his mother) after she had defeated the avatar of Sargeras. When OUR Gul'dan raised the tomb, he tried to claim its power for himself but was ultimately torn to peices by the demons inside the tomb. (Viewable in WC3 Cinematics) Illdan Stormrage goes here to claim OUR Gul'dan's skull to fuel his power to try and shatter Northrend (WC3 Frozen Throne) As the Lich King had defected from the Legion's influence (Nerzhul is the LK) and Illidan was told to destroy the LK (he failed because of Malfurion's interuptions). When WoD came around, Garrosh from our outland outed him as a betrayer and corrupter, and he was captured and Mannoroth the Corrupter was killed in the insueing fight. Garrosh was still hell-bent on revenge and tells his father Grommash, that there is another world they can conquer, setting off the events of WoD. They use the Alternate Gul'dan to power the portal to our realm, however we set that Gul'dan free to destroy the portal. (all throughout WoD) We fight Gul'dan as he then manages to wrest control of the Iron Horde from Grommash and eventually summon Archimonde (newly reborn after his defeat in our universe at the World Tree) Upon killing Archimonde, he looks to Gul'dan and Throws him through the open portal to OUR Azeroth, where the events of Legion are now unfolding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is turning into a troll thread.

You are creating problems where there are none. If you think garrissons survived you need to brush up on more then lore
    Was it not clear enough the garrison reference was meant only as a joke?.

What I don't understand, is if there are infinite Universes, there is a Universe where the Burning Legion Wins. In that Universe wouldn't it "transcend" all the other Universes due to it's power?

Is the MU that very same Universe for Azeroth? The Azerothian Superman Universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    2) azeroth is a titan.
    sargeras wants to destroy (now put his dick into it, thank you book found in the warlock order hall) azeroth because he thinks its corrupted.
    Wouldn't that mean that we are in an Area that would then "Transend multiverses" much like the Burning Legion, as Azeroth being a Titan would definately fill that roll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I agree with all the above. However..

There is one throwaway line during the Broken Shore event. When a character, I don't recall who, mentions "this is not the same Legion". This could have another meaning of course, but I think they threw in that line for one specific reason and that might be that if you want to believe that it's an alternate universe Legion which is invading our Azeroth, you're free to do so. It's not accurate, but unless you have specifically taken part of Blizzard employee's twitter, audio dramas and books, that is pretty much the logical conclusion to draw.

Sort of like agent Phil Coulson in the Marvel Cinematic universe, where believing he is either dead or alive are both sort of canon. If you've only watched the movies, there is no reason to think he's alive. But if you've watched the dreadful TV-show, you know he is.
    What is proberly ment with the "This is not the same Legion" is to explain, why there are new creatures in the Legion; Why they are using new tactics and tools and why they are having fucking SPACESHIPS!

What Thrall is refearing to, is that when he met them at Hyjal many years ago, they used another way of invading. The legion of that time used a combo of undead and legion forces, letting the undead go first and only really supporting with legion forces. Now, it is a complete Legion invasion, which is why they seem so different.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.