Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Where did I say it cost nothing to make a raid?

Are you perhaps making yourself a bit mad for no reason?

I implied that raids do not chew up profit margins to the extent that people think. Take a breath, friend.
    I ain't mad just amazed by your double talk. If they cut into profits then they cost money. Yes it does cost more to make a entire raid versus dungeons. Add in a lot lower percentage of the player base will use it and it gets costly. But nice try though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Uhhh, okay. In MoP a lot of people felt forced into doing stuff (mainly dailies) in order to raid because the rewards were too good to pass up. But apparently people hated doing stuff outside of raiding to be effective, so they complained and cried about it and as a result Blizzard made WoD which featured barely any daily quests and anything else that rewards progression outside of raiding so that raiders can simply jump into raids as fast as possible. And we see now how the "raiders" expansion turned out.
    I raided in MoP and i never felt like i should have done dailies, the epics were normal Ilvl, i did them for my enchanter so i didnt waste gold o enchants but thats about it? could have also buy in the AH so its not mandatory. Other than that i dont really see any other example of what you state.

Also people need to put something in their heads, just because raids were the only decent feature in WoD doesnt mean every resource was canalized to them and blizzard neglected everything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I raided in MoP and i never felt like i should have done dailies, the epics were normal Ilvl, i did them for my enchanter so i didnt waste gold o enchants but thats about it? could have also buy in the AH so its not mandatory. Other than that i dont really see any other example of what you state.
    I'm not saying everyone was like that, but the complaints were there and WoD was the result of that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I ain't mad just amazed by your double talk. If they cut into profits then they cost money. Yes it does cost more to make a entire raid versus dungeons. Add in a lot lower percentage of the player base will use it and it gets costly. But nice try though
    People around here talk about raids like they are 80% of the expansion budget. Somehow I doubt it.

Again, where did I say raids cost nothing?

They may cost more (than a single 5 man), but if Blizzard are still making them (and they don't have the autonomy you all seem to think) then it means from a business point of view they are considered a money maker. Whether that's in raiders staying subscribed (I'd wager that warforging did a lot to keep low-mid tier raiders subbed), marketing pull, or just something else they have, it has to be making a decent amount of money.

And jesus christ people, stop taking their PR statements and using them as gospel. Blizzard is a company - they spin and outright lie if they have to.

Recycling mechanics and assests isn't nearly as costly as they would have you believe.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-08-11 at 09:52 PM.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Can you explain further? I have no clue what youre talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

No thats wrong for the simple matter that some raiders only want to raid and they dont care about collecting visual stuff (mounts, pets,achievements,etc). So some dont do non-raiding content.
    Most raiders have more mounts/pets/ach points than non raiders sooooooo..... ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Most raiders have more mounts/pets/ach points than non raiders sooooooo..... ?
    But that sort of stuff is aqquired outside of raids, through reps, quest chains and world achievments which some raiders dont bother with.

But that sort of stuff is aqquired outside of raids, through reps, quest chains and world achievments which some raiders dont bother with.
    keyword: some.
    Hell, most of the raiders I know are tons more active than "casuals"
    Most of the guys I know with achievs like loremaster/insane are progression raiders. Very rarely do I see casuals doing the insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Like I said, raiders have very little to do other than zone into raids .
    Gosh it's almost like everyone else in WOD had literally fuck all to do except raid too.

We're getting Mythic+ dungeons - That's more than enough for me.

No thats wrong for the simple matter that some raiders only want to raid and they dont care about collecting visual stuff (mounts, pets,achievements,etc). So some dont do non-raiding content.
    Without stats, this is impossible to gauge fully, but in my 25 man mythic squad, only two players are below the 12k~ achievement point average.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Gosh it's almost like everyone else in WOD had literally fuck all to do except raid too.
    I can understand some of the vitriol towards raiders as many think we had the only worthwhile content during the expansion, but it's worth noting that WoD has, by far, the least amount of raid content we've seen in an expansion.

It's not like we were feasting while everyone else was starving - We were eating McDonalds while others ate beans from a tin. Neither situation is excusable considering the money we all give to Blizzard, but raiders were less screwed than everyone else, that's for sure.

Still screwed, but less screwed.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2016-08-12 at 01:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    In MoP raiders complained that they have too much to do to get into raiding and we got WoD....fuck raiders.

well said. I couldnt have put it better.