Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why did everyone just let Tirion die

I don't really mind Tirion dying, but I'm a bit surprised everyone just stood there and watched it happen. It's not like he was killed immediately. First Gul'dan summoned a demon and then he got killed. With some waiting in between.

So let's see, we have Jaina and Mekkatorque on the Alliance, and Sylvanas and Thrall on the Horde. That's four fighters with long-range combat capabilities. Why did nobody think to shoot Gul'dan or blast him with a spell? It seemed to me like Tirion could've been saved if they really tried.

Also, why did Tirion even go off on his own anyway? Did he really think just him and the Argent Crusade could take down the Legion?

They thought: man, this is the plot twist that'll give us an expansion worth of material!

He did not die in the broken shore scenario, he is alive until the ret paladin artifact quest line.

He's alive, as Snack said. He dies during the Artifact quest.

As for why we were stood around for so long, honestly, no idea. It felt like a very long time of us doing nothing ... Blizzard have gotten so much better at synchronisation of events, voice acting and such, but this just went back to Classic level event design for me. It was pretty bad.

They probably figured they could game some divine intervention to stop the legion like with the Lich King.

Why didn't the eagles just carry frodo and the ring and drop it into Mount Doom? There is always an "easy" or "obvious" way to do things but that's boring and doesn't create story. Plus Gul'dan is incredibly powerful and could easily reflect anything the fighters have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    He's alive, as Snack said. He dies during the Artifact quest.

As for why we were stood around for so long, honestly, no idea. It felt like a very long time of us doing nothing ... Blizzard have gotten so much better at synchronisation of events, voice acting and such, but this just went back to Classic level event design for me. It was pretty bad.
    Can you elaborate? I don't play pally so probably wont do the artifact questline, how does he survive and then how does he die again?

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, is it the voice of Bernard Hill, the one who voiced Tirion in Wrath? (he was the one who acted as Theoden, king of Rohan in LotR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now that I think of it he did tell us to stay back because of it being a "trap" (a very poor one since we beat that demon no problem). I guess we were just honoring his command. I really don't know why else.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

what's real dumb is that it appears that he dies in the broken shore, but really he is alive and you get to watch him die twice as a paladin. just wonderful.

Because everyone thought that the light would protect..AAAHHH!
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoic01 View Post
    Why didn't the eagles just carry frodo and the ring and drop it into Mount Doom? There is always an "easy" or "obvious" way to do things but that's boring and doesn't create story. Plus Gul'dan is incredibly powerful and could easily reflect anything the fighters have.
    Because he had the Nazgul patrolling the skies and the fiery eye could easily spot any flying entities crossing into his borders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Because we didn't like him very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Because that gold statue in dalaran was just tacky...

Quote Originally Posted by Echoic01 View Post
    This. We didn't save Tirion for the same reason Jaina and Khadgar weren't at the end of the scenario, because they would ruin the entire point of having it, which is to further the story.
    Cool as a cucumber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic completely, but they NAILED the VA for Tirion during his death. You could hear the agony and fear in his voice as the light began to fail him and the liquid death burned him alive.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I don't really mind Tirion dying, but I'm a bit surprised everyone just stood there and watched it happen. It's not like he was killed immediately. First Gul'dan summoned a demon and then he got killed. With some waiting in between.

So let's see, we have Jaina and Mekkatorque on the Alliance, and Sylvanas and Thrall on the Horde. That's four fighters with long-range combat capabilities. Why did nobody think to shoot Gul'dan or blast him with a spell? It seemed to me like Tirion could've been saved if they really tried.

Also, why did Tirion even go off on his own anyway? Did he really think just him and the Argent Crusade could take down the Legion?
    I thought it was pretty apparent that Tirion jumped off to sacrifice himself in order to save the ship from going down from that giant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Man, I was sure it was Bernard Hill!

i dont think he is dead. in fact, if you look at his "corpse" when he sinks into that green lava you can see that all his HP is intact. The dude played worlds biggest icecube in front of the lich king and appeared for the killing blow. Im sure this time it will be the same xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    I thought it was pretty apparent that Tirion jumped off to sacrifice himself in order to save the ship from going down from that giant.
    I think you have Tirion confused with Varian Wrynn.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom