Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Where and why would they be stuck? It is never mentioned and it seems the Alliance went in with a full Melee raid group. Which is straight up retarded.

And why is Jaina not seen it the cinematic? Surely she would have some reaction to Varian being left behind.

- - - Updated - - -

None of that stuff would do anything to the portals, and he was busy crawling on the ground.
    Well, we have no idea how long they were fighting for, the cinematic only is a few minutes of it.

No clue why Jaina was not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    They did. They had gnomes with guns. Lots of guns.
    So why are the Alliance relying on Slyvanas' archers for cover? And why didn't Jaina port the Alliance to safety like she has done many times before?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    So why are the Alliance relying on Slyvanas' archers for cover? And why didn't Jaina port the Alliance to safety like she has done many times before?
    Who knows?Cast time to long maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Earthquake?Stone pillars?

Wind agaisnt the demons?

Chain lighting?
    Thrall is enhancement, not ele. Don't got them spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Who knows?Cast time to long maybe?
    Jaina can mass teleport instantly, she has done it many times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Interesting you should bring that part up.

In that fight with the Lich King he says "Light, grant me one final blessing" in order to stop Arthas from killing the raid and raising them as generals to his army.

So maybe he literally had no power of the Light behind him as he used to since it was required in such magnitudes to help fight Arthas, who had earlier pointed out how ICC is on "hallowed" scourge ground, so would be even more resistant than normal. Couple that with what Gul'dan says about the Temple/Tome and you have a situation Tyrion was never getting out of as he miscalculated what he was against and what he had at hand.
    Hm, you might have a point there. Interesting.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Damnit Thrall...

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Hm, you might have a point there. Interesting.
    Basically his bubble was still on cd from Arthas.

Oh btw I'm here to make gross oversimplification of the situation. It's a game, nerds. Don't be so miffed.

A lot of strange things during the cinematic. The horde was outmatched an ran instead of making a noble sacrifice, what about victory or death? They trade pride for survival. The argent crusade was crushed immediately and Tirion died pathetically and pointlessly like this was Game of Thrones. Then Varian goes into God Mode, slays the monster mecha by himself and almost gets Gul'dan too...why dont the other armies come back and finish the job? Btw, regarding Varian, you alliance crybabies that were jealous that Thrall was "the chosen one" in cataclysm, can stop with your green jesus BS. After Cata, The Horde has been portrayed like either weak or treacherous and evil, and have survived only because the alliance has allowed them to. Varian's last effort, like some demigod, while the horde was fleeing, was for me a final "fuck the horde" by Blizzard for me.
    Mother pus bucket!

Man some people take this shit really seriously.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    A lot of strange things during the cinematic. The horde was outmatched an ran instead of making a noble sacrifice, what about victory or death? They trade pride for survival. The argent crusade was crushed immediately and Tirion died pathetically and pointlessly like this was Game of Thrones. Then Varian goes into God Mode, slays the monster mecha by himself and almost gets Gul'dan too...why dont the other armies come back and finish the job? Btw, regarding Varian, you alliance crybabies that were jealous that Thrall was "the chosen one" in cataclysm, can stop with your green jesus BS. After Cata, The Horde has been portrayed like either weak or treacherous and evil, and have survived only because the alliance has allowed them to. Varian's last effort, like some demigod, while the horde was fleeing, was for me a final "fuck the horde" by Blizzard for me.
    Thats the whole point,the Horde is always portrait like the cool faction with clear favoritism by Blizz.Now our leader die in a badass way with his last words being "For the Alliance." while the Horde's one die like a drunk in a bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically his bubble was still on cd from Arthas.

Oh btw I'm here to make gross oversimplification of the situation. It's a game, nerds. Don't be so miffed.
    You're right but it's fun coming up with ideas and theories of why and how. Although some people in here are taking things WAY too seriously by insulting each other over this. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Man some people take this shit really seriously.
    For a game coming on 12 year, it's interesting right? As much as people like to bitch about this game. Boy, they sure care a lot about what goes on in it huh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde pick a ridge to flank the Legion. But before long, they get buttfucked from behind. How? How do you not have the rear covered? How did they sneak up on you like that?
    if you played or watched the cinematics you would know that the legion opened another portal on the ridge, the horde got "buttfucked" because they couldnt stand the millions of demon forces comming out of the hell hole.
    The mighty Thrall is crawling around on the ground like he had one too many beers. God only knows what happened to him in the five seconds we didn't see him to send him on his knees like that.
    the mighty thrall lost his connection to the elements, maybe read up a bit of legion lore?
    without them he is useless.
    Vol'jin gets stabbed in the stomach, not from behind, but from the front, by a felguard that he MUST have seen charging towards him.
    the felguard didnt come up to him from the front, the felguard came to from the side and stabbed him in the stomach because vol'jin was busy shouting warnings.
    Baine is the only one who actually manages to keep standing and fighting, and has to drag the all powerful world-shaman away from the battlefield.
    if you played the scenario, which you obviously didnt, you would know that even he struggled.
    Horde, I'm disappointed. That performance was just sad.
    just as sad as the alliance small talking with gul'dan down there and not bringing their own archers to the fight, the horde wouldnt have that many problems if sylvanas and her archers didnt have to play babysitter for the alliance but help their own forces.

- - - Updated - - -

not since cata.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    if you played or watched the cinematics you would know that the legion opened another portal on the ridge, the horde got "buttfucked" because they couldnt stand the millions of demon forces comming out of the hell hole.

the mighty thrall lost his connection to the elements, maybe read up a bit of legion lore?
    without them he is useless.

the felguard didnt come up to him from the front, the felguard came to from the side and stabbed him in the stomach because vol'jin was busy shouting warnings.

if you played the scenario, which you obviously didnt, you would know that even he struggled.

just as sad as the alliance small talking with gul'dan down there and not bringing their own archers to the fight, the horde wouldnt have that many problems if sylvanas and her archers didnt have to play babysitter for the alliance but help their own forces.

- - - Updated - - -

not since cata.
    Eh? Thrall has been pretty much a melee shaman since WoTLK. Remember he's drek'thar jr, who is basically enhancement too.
    (you could prob argue that thrall has always been enhancement, with feral spirits and how he mostly melees in hyjal)
    Not that actual player specs matter to npcs, or that I was being facetious.

I don't know the specifics but apparently there was something wrong with Thrall during the broken shore, but you need to do one of the Shaman artifact quests to know exactly what happened to him and why he looked so weak.

Everyone keeps saying Thrall lost his connection to the elements, but he could still create an earth bridge perfectly fine and he was holding his own using his shaman powers until some incredible foe forced him to crawl on the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    As an alliance player, I love all this salt people have towards the horde for making a smart tactical decision instead of staying and losing everything. Trade chat has been a wonderful source of entertainment for once.

Still, I wonder why Sylvanas didn't just snipe Gul'dan from the ridge. Or any of the rangers really. But that wouldn't make for a very interesting plot I suppose.

Also, I feel like Jaina was surprisingly absent during the final conflict, I don't really remember her in the final cutscene. She easily could have teleported most of the remaining alliance away, years ago in Pit of Saron she does is (albeit a short distance) instantly, and I'm sure she's only gotten more powerful over time. Sounds like she either failed everyone horribly and got Varian killed, or did it all on purpose because she's an evil bitch in cahoots with the Legion, probably to satisfy her unwarranted vendetta against the Horde. She's doomed us all.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-08-11 at 10:41 PM.

To be fair, the horde was covering the alliances ass while also having to protect their own flanks, at the end they had to decide whether to protect their enemy or defend themselves. Alliance just expected the horde to sacrifice themselves to cover them, pretty unrealistic TBH, horde needed to protect their own, they couldnt defend themselves AND the alliance at the same time and they lost too much ground trying to cover for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keeps saying Thrall lost his connection to the elements, but he could still create an earth bridge perfectly fine and he was holding his own using his shaman powers until some incredible foe forced him to crawl on the ground
    play through the shaman artifact quests on the beta.
    then come back and talk.

Formerly known as Arafal