Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The fad has died it seems
    Haven't seen anyone play it, or even heard about Pokemon Go for the last two weeks.
    imo it gets boring fast because you just see the same pokemon over and over again. very very rarely do i see something thats not one of the 10 really common ones in this area, or get something from an egg. 99% of pokemon i see around london are, pidgey, spearow, rattata, staryu, drowzee, poliwag, slowpoke and goldeen, aside from those few i occasionaly see a golduck or slowbro. thats it aside from extremely rare occasions. if there was more variety in the pokemon that spawned i would probably play it more. even walking around for an hour using incense, i just get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    The fad has died it seems
    Haven't seen anyone play it, or even heard about Pokemon Go for the last two weeks.
    In my city, most of the people on the train and bus are still playing POGO or texting. If you go to parks or recreation areas (Pier, Fests, etc) a good portion of the people with their phones out are playing POGO or texting.

The Reddits associated with POGO specifically still have tons of active users daily. It's still being streamed daily too.

News reportage has died down- people are playing this game a lot though.

PoGo definitely slowed down in my town. Not going out just to play PoGo anymore since they disabled the tracking.

I am seeing a lot of new names at the gyms, so I know more people are playing. They are just playing a lot more slowly than I am. I'm still expecting more to keep showing up. Like Fencers said, the news is just talking about it less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    this is about on par for daily mail...

10+ Year Old Account
    The local Facebook group for us is still active, but I haven't played in a bit.

Oh, my, god. Ultra balls, berries, curve, and great hit means NOTHING against cp160 squirtles.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Oh, my, god. Ultra balls, berries, curve, and great hit means NOTHING against cp160 squirtles.
    Starters are ridiculous. As bad as Dragonite sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how the article explains what pokemon are. Like anybody doesn't know at this point. I'm having conversations about Arcanine with my dad that I never in a million years thought I'd have.

I've found 200 candies worth of squirtles and never found one with over 60 IV. So this is stupid haha.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I've found 200 candies worth of squirtles and never found one with over 60 IV. So this is stupid haha.
    People keep telling me that starters are 100% IV. Good that my starter is in Prof.'s shredder. -_-

Deleted
    Apparently there's an Instinct spoofer team active around our local gyms.. several of them turned into level 10 fortresses overnight, all players no one knew. Takes the fun out of gym battles quick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    People keep telling me that starters are 100% IV. Good that my starter is in Prof.'s shredder. -_-
    mine certainly isnt, mine is rated as below average lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone figure out the new tracker and sightings in the grass?
    Is there a way to use this information to know which way to go?

The tracker will use pokestops to give you a clue of the pokemon location.
    If you don't have pokestops around you, I guess you can try this:

Imo, a rubbish system =/
    I don't know. I think it's good, but could use more precision (I like the footprints). I've tracked several pokemon this way.

theres a rumor going around, that pokemon with low pokedex numbers cant roll good attack if caught in wild and for what its worth, I dont think I found one wild bulbasaur with more than 1 attack yet and Ive caught maybe 50 of them, same with squirtles and charmanders, altho havent caught as amyn of those, even my charizard, wartortle and blastoize, which I caught, have 0 attack. Best bet for good starter for evolution seems to be 2km egg

It seems in the recent patch they buffed gyms a bit. Now when you take it and you were two fighting it, it automatically scales up to lvl 3, ie. both attackers can put there their mons (saw that yesterday myself). If this applies to larger crowds too it's possible to have gyms with high level without the need to train at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    It seems in the recent patch they buffed gyms a bit. Now when you take it and you were two fighting it, it automatically scales up to lvl 3, ie. both attackers can put there their mons (saw that yesterday myself). If this applies to larger crowds too it's possible to have gyms with high level without the need to train at it.
    you could always put 3 pokemons into the gym after battle without the need to train, puting a pokemon into the gym gives 2k prestige and since the first two levels needed 2k prestige to level, it automatically dinged up

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    theres a rumor going around, that pokemon with low pokedex numbers cant roll good attack if caught in wild and for what its worth, I dont think I found one wild bulbasaur with more than 1 attack yet and Ive caught maybe 50 of them, same with squirtles and charmanders, altho havent caught as amyn of those, even my charizard, wartortle and blastoize, which I caught, have 0 attack. Best bet for good starter for evolution seems to be 2km egg
    I'm fairly sure the Squirtle I have (82-84 IV) I caught in wild and it has 14 or 15 att according IV calc. Sadly I can't remember exactly how I got it but as far as I remember I got only Charmander out of egg. But will keep an eye out, would suck if it was true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you could always put 3 pokemons into the gym after battle without the need to train, puting a pokemon into the gym gives 2k prestige and since the first two levels needed 2k prestige to level, it automatically dinged up
    You sure? I haven't grp attack the gyms much, only twice but I can't recall the first time it had two slots open immediately. So if say grp of 5 attacks the gym at the same time, does it starts with 5 slots open then or just two, ie. 3 top can put their mons in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    You sure? I haven't grp attack the gyms much, only twice but I can't recall the first time it had two slots open immediately. So if say grp of 5 attacks the gym at the same time, does it starts with 5 slots open then or just two, ie. 3 top can put their mons in it?
    Definitely. It starts at 1. Level 2 requires 2000 xp, which you get by putting your pokemon in. It opens a new slot. Level 3 requires 4000 xp, which you get again the same way (putting your next pokemon in brings it up from 2000 to 4000). This opens a third slot. Put your third one in brings it to 6000 xp, but the next level requires 8000. If you bolster it up to 8000, you can put a pokemon in to instantly gain another 2000xp, bringing it to 10,000. But level 5 requires 12,000. It takes more later on. Level 7 dings at 20,000, but you need 30,000 for level 8. You have to do a lot of grinding and I notice most people don't bother getting to 8. 7 is convenient enough. Fortifying gyms past that point is just... a pain and a potion sink.

The main benefit to group attacking is that you can kill things quicker, and thus you need to heal much less. A group of 3 could take out all the pokemon in a gym using a single pokemon each, and they may not even lose half health. However, it still only drops the gym XP by the amount that one person would have done. Just saves resources, which is good.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be good, if half of it was based on something I don't really have =/
    I don't even half the second half. I mean, you could just not use it, and only use the "sightings" section. It works fine once you get used to it.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The starters seem to generaly have bad IV values, the highest I got after all this time is a 60% charmander..