Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LOVE the new 'shard' tech!

Im a big proponent of the new shard tech. Its made areas that would be insanely laggy otherwise to bearable and actually enjoyable.

Any big event that brings players to the same zones will inevitably cause server lag, but with the sharding tech, it reduces that lag big time, especially in areas where CRZ is activated (aka old zones before Legion). So all the players doing invasions in Westfall and the other zones have A LOT LESS lag now, than they would have had without the tech implemented.

Blizzard once again has proved why they are the best gaming company on planet earth.

lol Hey, I was eventually able to finish Azshara, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    This being a Jlock thread I dunno if he's serious or if just another childish attempt at trolling, but I'm actually loving these invasions. I don't know how Blizzard 's doing this, but every time I enter an invaded zone it's on the first stage, no matter how long ago the invasion started. I always get to participate without having to worry about arriving at the end of it and getting only the leftovers. I also like the update that gives more shards if you actively participate. There seem to be some new idea people at Blizzard right now, here's hoping this translates into more fun and interesting quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    This being a Jlock thread I dunno if he's serious or if just another childish attempt at trolling, but I'm actually loving these invasions. I don't know how Blizzard 's doing this, but every time I enter an invaded zone it's on the first stage, no matter how long ago the invasion started. I always get to participate without having to worry about arriving at the end of it and getting only the leftovers. I also like the update that gives more shards if you actively participate. There seem to be some new idea people at Blizzard right now, here's hoping this translates into more fun and interesting quests.
    I've found that sometimes I'll go to a zone and it'll be on a later stage, myself. Not all the time, but now and again.

That said I really like how my level 12 Warlock was able to participate. The scaling thing is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, low levels can participate? Then I need to take my lock there!

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Wait, low levels can participate? Then I need to take my lock there!
    Yes, they're using that new technology where everything scales. I did one on my level 20 rogue who happened to be parked in Tarren Mill, and she sees all the mobs as 20-22 (except the final boss). From the chests she got level-appropriate blues.

As for it sometimes being a later stage, the latest it's been for me is the very end of stage 2 - flew into the zone and got the stage 2 chest instantly.

Deleted
    i like it. wish it didnt do it in cities on rp servers

The only thing I don't like about these technologies is how anonymous everyone becomes. Sometimes I miss the days where a server was a closed eco system.

This tech is not new. It's there since the second week of WoD (I think it just was only active for Draenor)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    That said I really like how my level 12 Warlock was able to participate. The scaling thing is great.
    Did it on my 96 Mage, and had no (greater) issues with mobs, which were displayed as the same level with appropriate HP, however, I was often targetted by level 100 Alliance players. I don't think we scaled to the same level, as I died quite quickly, even as a Clothie.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The only thing I don't like about these technologies is how anonymous everyone becomes. Sometimes I miss the days where a server was a closed eco system.
    That was back in... Vanilla? I think? ^^ You're not alone about it though, they've been talking about it with the pristine servers, which would be one of their features. And I agree, btw, x-realms was by far the single worst thing to happen to WoW. Knowing hundreds of people, having reputations on the server, meeting the same people constantly and forming bonds > the convenience of having a faster que system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are there invasions in Westfall? I only ever get Azshara and Barrens

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's out there since Tanaan jungle opened...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Definitely liking the world events, lots of players together again in the "old" world. Well done blizz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Are there invasions in Westfall? I only ever get Azshara and Barrens
    Yes, there are. Had one first time. I'd have had the achievement by now except the one based around Dun Murough had closed by the time I got there.

I love that the emergency band-aids to stablize the Garrison, the biggest technical disaster of the game -of all time- ever, ended up becoming the fortified game system we see today that has had a great impact on gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Im a big proponent of the new shard tech. Its made areas that would be insanely laggy otherwise to bearable and actually enjoyable.

Any big event that brings players to the same zones will inevitably cause server lag, but with the sharding tech, it reduces that lag big time, especially in areas where CRZ is activated (aka old zones before Legion). So all the players doing invasions in Westfall and the other zones have A LOT LESS lag now, than they would have had without the tech implemented.

Blizzard once again has proved why they are the best gaming company on planet earth.
    Would you like to build a wall as well?

Anyway, I SERIOUSLY hope this Shard Tech skips on popular RPing zones, and just everywhere on Rp Servers, because If you keep this Shard tech around, you will RUIN Roleplaying for every single roleplayer, and loose a good portion of your playerbase. You can't imagine how devastating such a thing would be for RPing, around the world and In the city.

They fixed the phasing thing, so that It wouldn't be only 2-3 people around you In the city at any time, but however many there were, 30-40 people sometimes... which for RPing Is GOOD... BLIZZARD... dammit, don't you know what your RPers are doing. You'll loose a good chunk of your players If you ruin zones for us this way. And the excuses that "Oh just group up or sumthing"...no, stahp. People won't just randomly make a giant raid for a bunch of people to find eachother, that defeats the point of RANDOM RP IN THE WORLD... And In the city.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Hm, a Jaylock thread. You don't know if he's trolling or serious, but it doesn't actually matter.

It's in fact a very good system that makes even my last dead server quite busy. I think (and I hope) it's just the step before they abandon the whole concept of realms, make AHs region wide and allow grouping and (mythic) raiding independent from the server.
    With the mob tag sharing system they removed one of the greatest arguments I had against CRZ (and now shards), so the only question is how will this work for ressource nodes (as this is a non issue right now in garrisson WOD).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Hm, a Jaylock thread. You don't know if he's trolling or serious, but it doesn't actually matter.

It's in fact a very good system that makes even my last dead server quite busy. I think (and I hope) it's just the step before they abandon the whole concept of realms, make AHs region wide and allow grouping and (mythic) raiding independent from the server.
    With the mob tag sharing system they removed one of the greatest arguments I had against CRZ (and now shards), so the only question is how will this work for ressource nodes (as this is a non issue right now in garrisson WOD).
    Yeah I just open, see Jaylock. Leave.

Or post this.

You are such an absolute, disgusting person, Jayass.