Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Personally I'm fine with not being able to pool resources before a fight as long as other classes are also not allowed to. It's annoying to have to do before a pull, and it's pretty unfair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    I'm kind fo confused people are complaining about this. It removed a problem existing for far too long, enforcing pre-pull shenanigans reaching from way too long pull timers, exploits or pulling and resetting bosses to build up resources faster/at all. Its significnatly healthier for the game not to have it.

It also doesn't affect your dps murderously. It lowers burst a bit and only visbily with the ring, it also only affects DA and BoS of which the latter isn't even a thing right now.
    You will have to delay your DA by 3-4 gcds and thats it. Ofocurse if you still push DA right at the start of the fight with only 20 rp you're crippling yourself and certainly don't know what you're doing in the first place.
    Once that filthy ring is gone it will barely makeany difference at all, regardless if you play with DA or not.
    Agreed. I thought I was gonna shit a brick when I heard one of my guild's warlocks ask for a 24 second pull timer instead of the usual 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Great change, now I don't even have to bother with pooling ressources anymore. The only fix that remains now, is using any kind of tier bonuses pre pull.

Can't outburst the Rogues and Mages now but I welcome the change coming into Legion. Was one of the more annoying aspects of raiding as a DK.

While it got annoying to spam epidemic and dnd for a min before pull just to Ensure I could cast da with full rp this does cripple our on pull dps by a significant amount, I'm guessing like 100k+. It was fun while it lasted I guess. Rip Mage/rogue lvl dps numbers

Deleted
    I mostly object to the underhand nature of the change.

Also id love to know the logic of resetting rp to 20 and not zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I mostly object to the underhand nature of the change.

Also id love to know the logic of resetting rp to 20 and not zero.
    Army of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumai258i View Post
    Can't outburst the Rogues and Mages now but I welcome the change coming into Legion. Was one of the more annoying aspects of raiding as a DK.
    We run two Death Knights, and we're both able to outburst our Mages in almost every single target situation. Obviously, pooling resources was a non negligible damage increase, but still, I think we're in a very good spot right now and with other classes getting the same treatment, most DK's I've talked to in the past days are actually fine with not having to pool prepull. DKs will be a bit lower in terms of damage output once we get into Legion raiding, but it won't be to big of a difference to make your worry about your raid spot.

Have some Logs from HFC and Beta EN if any1 is interested.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...MK34Nq#fight=1 Mythic HFC. Look at Reaver, (Council), Fel Lord & Socrethar.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kRGtYc#fight=2 Normal EN. Nythendra and Dragons of Nightmare. (Granted, only a few people, including me, had points in the artifact weapon, so this might not be one hundred percent valid.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    I'm kind fo confused people are complaining about this. It removed a problem existing for far too long, enforcing pre-pull shenanigans reaching from way too long pull timers, exploits or pulling and resetting bosses to build up resources faster/at all. Its significnatly healthier for the game not to have it.
    Pretty much this, the moment I heard people are using tome to switch talents to reset charges on epidemic through talent swap and keep building full resource bar pre pull I felt "this is so going to end up like the fruit basket prepull shenanigans", few days later, it happens, and fairly quickly after the method was popularized.

Same stuff with mages abusing firelands set pre pull - bam, 7.0 removes legacy set bonuses.

But yes, doing it every pull on progress is annoying, if anyone ever was in a situation half the raid waiting for shadow priest to wander off and gather orbs or monk spam expel harm with power strikes until full chi then you know how it goes. It's fine if you have spill over resources after last trash pull, it's not fine that on progress you have to take breaks between every pull because specific classes need to gather resources. The 25 second pull timer because of warlock soul burn was already on the verge.

Come 7.0, lots of those "cheese" tactics were invalidated through ability prune, but I would expect Blizzard to keep removing any left overs, if they wanted a class to start with full resource they would make it so (like hunter's focus, rogue's energy or mana on mana users).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that this happens to me with pretty much everybody with a non-mana bar. My arcane mage loses charges, DHs lose fury/pain, druid/warrior loses rage, Paladin loses HP, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    We run two Death Knights, and we're both able to outburst our Mages in almost every single target situation. Obviously, pooling resources was a non negligible damage increase, but still, I think we're in a very good spot right now and with other classes getting the same treatment, most DK's I've talked to in the past days are actually fine with not having to pool prepull. DKs will be a bit lower in terms of damage output once we get into Legion raiding, but it won't be to big of a difference to make your worry about your raid spot.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...MK34Nq#fight=1 Mythic HFC. Look at Reaver, (Council), Fel Lord & Socrethar.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...kRGtYc#fight=2 Normal EN. Nythendra and Dragons of Nightmare. (Granted, only a few people, including me, had points in the artifact weapon, so this might not be one hundred percent valid.)
    Generally over my mage as well, all i do now is pool at the start and release once i have a sudden doom proc the few seconds extra spend on gaining runic at the start doesn't seem to be a major loss.

Deleted
    There is nothing new in this game. A similar fix was made back in Vanilla where warriors could stay in combat by having a mob targeted while they used blood rage to fill up their rage bar. It is not intended, it gets fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post

Yeah I was talking about Mythic Archimonde. Think Fire Mage cleaves the Doomfire which is why they were out bursting me. Don't really care about other bosses at this stage.

I don't know if i'm the only one that has experienced a slight issue with this, but with RP capping at 20 for prepull I always end up with 19 RP on pull rather then 20. This may not seem like to big of a deal but it does cause me to lose out on another deathcoil for the opener. I open with 2 FS which will leave me at 69 RP instead of 70, which loses a bit of damage on dark arbiter. Again, this might not be a huge issue but it is rather annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    Army of the Dead.
    Army needs 3 runes and gives 30rp

I'm not sure of the point of your post but I could just be being dim...

This is a fantastic and much needed change. I hated the 25 second pull timer for warlocks and i hate all prepull shenanigans.

Also experiencing this issue.
    DK/DH/Shammy, all my resource is resetting to 20 once I engage.
    Have had it happen across all content since the hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Army needs 3 runes and gives 30rp

I'm not sure of the point of your post but I could just be being dim...
    You army at 8/9 so you typically end up with 22-20 when you hit the boss for the first time.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Praise kek for this change. The preposterous pre pull routine for unholy post 7.0 almost made me drop my dk.

Part of this change too is that a trinket proc can get wasted if it procs before combat begins =/