Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    You implied it and instantly defended it by saying "there's no numbers to prove tinkers aren't more wanted than demon hunters". You don't need numbers when you have tons of other evidence telling you what is more popular.

Someone probably brought up the idea of tinker in one of blizzards meetings 12 years ago during design, and they were like "no, that's really retarded. they can be a profession at best", and that's how engineers were born.
    Implied it? Where?

And don't kid yourself, none of us have any actual figures on how many didn't care about this or that. LOGICALLY speaking, there's plenty that do and plenty that don't. You cherrypicking who cares more about what depending on your own personal feelings isn't really viable as an argument against.

That's what I said, and it translated into what you're currently so hung up on? That explains a lot...

Tinker would be the one and only class to make me reroll from my main. Especially if they could heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    It could be same for tinkers, they would fit nicely if we get expansion with south seas where we get kezan and gnomerang they wouldnt even have to tune lore for them.
    I would bet any amount of money that the same is not being done for tinkers, although they would fit if they decided to make a gnomergan expansion... But that seems like it would be awful.

It's like making an expansion based on the dark iron dwarves and making the new class Blacksmiths where you breathe coal breathe on people and toss hot ores at their feet.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I would bet any amount of money that the same is not being done for tinkers, although they would fit if they decided to make a gnomergan expansion... But that seems like it would be awful.

It's like making an expansion based on the dark iron dwarves and making the new class Blacksmiths where you breathe coal breathe on people and toss hot ores at their feet.
    It wouldnt be gnomerang expansion.... it would be just part of it, like raid for gnomes to reclaim it and for goblin side they can do similar for undermine there are plenty possibilities and that all could be part of south seas expansion with azhara/nzoth and all other shit that goes with it.

It wouldnt be gnomerang expansion.... it would be just part of it, like raid for gnomes to reclaim it and for goblin side they can do similar for undermine there are plenty possibilities and that all could be part of south seas expansion with azhara/nzoth and all other shit that goes with it.
    I'm hoping that's where we're headed with Broken Isles and all that jazz. Although we could get another Scourge expansion as well, who knows? Or something entirely new once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Implied it? Where?

And don't kid yourself, none of us have any actual figures on how many didn't care about this or that. LOGICALLY speaking, there's plenty that do and plenty that don't. You cherrypicking who cares more about what depending on your own personal feelings isn't really viable as an argument against.

That's what I said, and it translated into what you're currently so hung up on? That explains a lot...
    I said more people cared about demon hunters, which is true, and you said "we don't have the figures to prove it". You're implying that it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like something that could be done through a zone questline and maybe a dungeon or two. To make it raid worthy would be a lot of work. They'd have to unearth some sort of crazy new mechanical threat that was never discovered for some reason in order to tie the Tinker class to the endgame boss.

Your argument doesn't invalidate Archaeologists as a viable class in any way. In English, we have a term called "Irony" that would apply to this situation. You saying I don't have flexible thinking and then displaying that trait yourself in your very next sentence is "ironic".

Archaeologists will not be set back by your immense lack of originality.
    The fact that you believe that Demo Metamorphosis was different from DH Metamorphosis (which implementation wise, it is) does not negate the fact simple fact that ... PRIOR TO DEMON HUNTERS BEING ANNOUNCED AND INFORMATION BEING RELEASED TO VALIDATE YOUR POINT THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT .... people used the argument that Demo Locks already had Metamorphosis, you know, again ... before they had any idea how Metamorphosis would be implemented into a Demon Hunter. Or are you claiming that those people were stupid because they couldn't see the future? Clearly any of those people were sheer FOOLS! because they didn't visit Miss Cleo to get an accurate read on how Blizzard would implement a class which, to that point, had not even been announced. Spot on with insulting those people!

And another simple fact remains: Engineering makes little garbage that literally anyone can use. Tinker would be a class based around tech that would be entirely SEPARATE! That is like arguing that since bandages heal you a Priest is nothing more than First Aid turned into a class. You would literally need to have the comprehensive abilities of a jar of mayonnaise to believe that. But here you are, making the same leaps. Using an argument like, "lawls Archaeologists could be a class and throw bones at it lawls" just makes you look stupid. Talk about a strawman argument. The fact is, the kind of class most people are talking about is available in games like Torchlight as "Engineer". A class that utilizes short duration pets and summons a bunch of them, summons turrets, uses guns. In the case of a Tinker class, would hopefully use Mail armor (since only 2 classes currently do). The fact that you cannot grasp the difference is a bit astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    In English, we do have a thing called Irony. What you posted is not even remotely close to Irony. But thanks for playing.

The fact that you believe that Demo Metamorphosis was different from DH Metamorphosis (which implementation wise, it is) does not negate the fact simple fact that ... PRIOR TO DEMON HUNTERS BEING ANNOUNCED AND INFORMATION BEING RELEASED TO VALIDATE YOUR POINT THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT .... people used the argument that Demo Locks already had Metamorphosis, you know, again ... before they had any idea how Metamorphosis would be implemented into a Demon Hunter. Or are you claiming that those people were stupid because they couldn't see the future? Clearly any of those people were sheer FOOLS! because they didn't visit Miss Cleo to get an accurate read on how Blizzard would implement a class which, to that point, had not even been announced. Spot on with insulting those people!

And another simple fact remains: Engineering makes little garbage that literally anyone can use. Tinker would be a class based around tech that would be entirely SEPARATE! That is like arguing that since bandages heal you a Priest is nothing more than First Aid turned into a class. You would literally need to have the comprehensive abilities of a jar of mayonnaise to believe that. But here you are, making the same leaps. Using an argument like, "lawls Archaeologists could be a class and throw bones at it lawls" just makes you look stupid. Talk about a strawman argument. The fact is, the kind of class most people are talking about is available in games like Torchlight as "Engineer". A class that utilizes short duration pets and summons a bunch of them, summons turrets, uses guns. In the case of a Tinker class, would hopefully use Mail armor (since only 2 classes currently do). The fact that you cannot grasp the difference is a bit astounding.
    If you want people to read your entire posts, don't fail in the opening statement. It is ironic to call someone narrow minded and then instantly display narrow mindedness.

Yes I realize how stupid YOUR argument is. You're comparing things that aren't similar in any way, where as engineers and tinkers are literally the same thing. A blacksmith is not a warrior and vice versa. Your logic is fail.
    No, you're too inane to understand that I used your exact argument to show that a profession can have similarities to a class without encompassing what the class is about.

There's no point for you to reply further. I'm going to ignore you for the fear of catching the stupid.

I said more people cared about demon hunters, which is true, and you said "we don't have the figures to prove it". You're implying that it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

I said you shouldn't kid yourself into thinking that you have any facts or figures, and that the rule of "plenty" applies through logical reasoning against "nobody cares", not that Tinkerers are as popular or established as Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    No, you're too inane to understand that I used your exact argument to show that a profession can have similarities to a class without encompassing what the class is about.

There's no point for you to reply further. I'm going to ignore you for the fear of catching the stupid.
    A blacksmith doesn't know how to bladestorm. They aren't warriors.

An engineer knows how to shoot rockets. A tinker would shoot rockets.

You are using a horrible example by comparing someone who makes armor to someone who fights in battle. My comparison actually makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I said you shouldn't kid yourself into thinking that you have any facts or figures, and that the rule of "plenty" applies through logical reasoning against "nobody cares", not that Tinkerers are as popular or established as Demon Hunters.
    Now you're changing your position to make it seem like you're less wrong. I don't need facts or figures to know that key roles in lore are more popular than bit parts.

Yes please!

About tanking i was thinking something like multiple transformation mech/tank modes, for example:

Siege mode: slow movement, high defense, low dps
    Dps/ot mode: medium movement, medium defense, high dps
    Kite mode: fast movement, low defense, medium dps

each with its own transformation, and when boss kills your mech you end up running around as goblin/gnome with 1hp(cant get healed!) waiting to get squashed
    Tank Spec - Juggernaut

Gnomes -Steam Golem
    Goblin - Shredder

Flamethrower - Deals AoE damage in a cone and generate threat.

Cannon Hand -The Golem/Shredder Hands switch to a cannon and delivers a massive projectile dealing huge amount of damage and taunting the boss.

Sky Jump - The Golem/Shredder Jumps into the air and lands violenty on the ground stuning all enemies nearby.

Steam Charge -The Golem/Shredder shields himself reducing all damage by 25%,becomes immume to all CC and charges fowards dealing damage in its way.

Emergency Repairs - The Tinker roots the Golem/Shredder and raises a shield while the tinker heals the Golem/Shredder (Honestly im still not shure how healing will work with this guy)

Missile Rain -The tinker shoots hundres of missiles in a area dealing huge damage for the next 2 seconds.

Claw's Crush/Saw's cut - The Golem/Shredder 's basic skill that deals damage to a target.

Bonus:Like the Worgen unique mount.The Golem/Shredder is able to levitate/fly and have the speed of a mount.

- - - Updated - - -

That seems like something that could be done through a zone questline and maybe a dungeon or two. To make it raid worthy would be a lot of work. They'd have to unearth some sort of crazy new mechanical threat that was never discovered for some reason in order to tie the Tinker class to the endgame boss.
    I said it as example it can easily be zone or something similar but it wouldnt even be close to weirdest thing they did seeing they made expansion out of time traveling orcs.

I'm hoping that's where we're headed with Broken Isles and all that jazz. Although we could get another Scourge expansion as well, who knows? Or something entirely new once more.
    After cata i was 100% that south seas expansion is coming...now i dare not to guess whats next, corgis unleashed

A blacksmith doesn't know how to bladestorm. They aren't warriors.

An engineer knows how to shoot rockets. A tinker would shoot rockets.

You are using a horrible example by comparing someone who makes armor to someone who fights in battle. My comparison actually makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you're changing your position to make it seem like you're less wrong. I don't need facts or figures to know that key roles in lore are more popular than bit parts.
    Nope, I'm going by exactly what it says in my posts. Perhaps you should try doing the same next time?

Nope, I'm going by exactly what it says in my posts. Perhaps you should try doing the same next time?
    I'm glad you decided to change your position and at least admit to being wrong.

There's still the point being that archeologists could just as easily become a class. If anything, they make more sense than monks.

I'm glad you decided to change your position and at least admit to being wrong.
    No, not really? You're doing it again, reading stuff into posts that simply are not there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, nice try, but there's no way that more people wanted tinkers than demon hunters.

Did a few people not care about DHs? Probably. Not nearly as many as the amount of people that don't care about tinkers.
    My reply to that exact point:

Again, not a single "people cared as much about tinkerers as about Demon Hunters", only objection against your make-belief that you sit on any numbers and that it would somehow be a valid argument against Tinkerer as a class.

You've posted tons of replies based on an imaginary point made. Is that REALLY equal to "using your brains" which is something you are so fond of telling others to do?

7+ Year Old Account
    Could be cool, but I don't think Mechatorque's vehicle is any indication of a future class. Those vehicles have been in the game forever, I think it's just part of the Gnome/Goblin lore.

Personally I would prefer a Bard class. Using musical instruments to damage and heal.

My reply to that exact point:

Again, not a single "people cared as much about tinkerers as about Demon Hunters", only objection against your make-belief that you sit on any numbers.

You've posted tons of replies based on an imaginary point made. Is that REALLY equal to "using your brains" which is something you are so fond of telling others to do?
    I said there's no way more people wanted tinkers than demon hunters. You replied with "Your cherrypicking who cares more about what depending on personal feelings"

I proved that they weren't only my personal feelings and that, even without exact figures, you could still assume which is more popular between DHs and Tinkers based on Warcraft lore alone. Then you tried to argue against that until you realized that you were wrong and are now changing your argument and calling your old argument "imaginary".

After cata i was 100% that south seas expansion is coming...now i dare not to guess whats next, corgis unleashed
    Yeah, plenty of guessing going on but nothing seems more viable than the next... As long as there won't be any more alternate timeline stories, I'll be happy. :P
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-12 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Could be cool, but I don't think Mechatorque's vehicle is any indication of a future class. Those vehicles have been in the game forever, I think it's just part of the Gnome/Goblin lore.

Personally I would prefer a Bard class. Using musical instruments to damage and heal.
    This would be way better than a glorified engineer class. They could squeeze ETC into the lore and have them be the trainers.