Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Become a policy maker then and put minimum sentence for rape to life in prison
    I'm not American so I can't do anything to fix their system.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but 20 years of probation basically ensures that he'll never do anything again. That's 20 years without drinking, as I'd assume a crime committed while drunk would warrant alcohol probation provisions in the sentencing. Colorado allows for alcohol probation, and obviously mandates remaining lawful. That's a very short leash for a very long time. That might even be the longest probation sentence I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    in the US the only difference between a prison and a jail is the length of time inmates typically stay

"educate yourself", lol.
    To an extent. I spent a day in county. It felt very "Jail" like. But it honestly wasn't terrible. Wouldn't ever want to do it again, but it wasn't horrible. I just stayed in my cell. ate the lunch I was given, and went home once bail was posted. The guards weren't too pleasant, but weren't complete douche bags either.

It was all in all a conflicting experience.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    We need justice. Someone's race or position in society should not affect their sentence. If you rape a woman you need to face major prison time.
    What you are describing is Vengeance, not Justice. Justice centers on rehabilitation of criminals and protection of the innocent. Perhaps the judge felt this boy was not likely to reoffend and required less rehabilitation to become a productive citizen again and felt the county sentence would serve him and society better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    To an extent. I spent a day in county. It felt very "Jail" like. But it honestly wasn't terrible. Wouldn't ever want to do it again, but it wasn't horrible. I just stayed in my cell. ate the lunch I was given, and went home once bail was posted. The guards weren't too pleasant, but weren't complete douche bags either.

It was all in all a conflicting experience.
    prisons arent terrible places either

theyre often better than the places the people who live in them are taken from

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    What you are describing is Vengeance, not Justice. Justice centers on rehabilitation of criminals and protection of the innocent. Perhaps the judge felt this boy was not likely to reoffend and required less rehabilitation to become a productive citizen again and felt the county sentence would serve him and society better.
    No. You rehabilitate some sure. The desperate kid who stole something to make ends meet for his family. Not the criminal who rapes a helpless young woman after pretending to be there for her. You make an example of the latter. Imagine if that was your daughter?

Immigrate then so you can change them from within, fellow Canadians like myself will be happy to see you off.

No. You rehabilitate some sure. The desperate kid who stole something to make ends meet for his family. Not the criminal who rapes a helpless young woman after pretending to be there for her. You make an example of the latter. Imagine if that was your daughter?
    I have a son, not a daughter, so my empathy naturally goes in the opposite direction. That said, I'd hope to teach my daughter to call her father for a ride home before she got blackout drunk around strangers and I highly doubt the length of his prison sentence will make a material difference in her well being after the fact.
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2016-08-12 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    /sigh

Another example of Tenn posting nonsense whilst ignoring facts to forward a warped narrative. How old is he again?

He may not be serving prison time but his life is so unbelievably fucked now. In addition to the jail time and the 20 yr probation he will also have to register as a sex offender for a violent sexual assault crime. It's going to be so hard for him to find work after this. He might even have problems continuing his studies. People don't take kindly to this stuff. I knew a guy from highschool who got caught trying to meet an underage girl he met in yahoo chat for sex. the girl ended up being a sheriff's deputy who was working a sting operation in the chat room. They were waiting for him when he got to the meeting place. he's been out for a while and I'm pretty sure he still is having trouble finding employment.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Immigrate then so you can change them from within, fellow Canadians like myself will be happy to see you off.
    don't you make us build a wall up there to.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

How terrible. He should have gotten life and instead he won't even face any prison time. No wonder so many people are losing faith in the justice system.
    Life in prison for rape? Are you for real? You're as bad as that judge, but in a perverse reverse way...

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    don't you make us build a wall up there to.
    When he gets there, just explain to him how much worse it is in Mexico and he'll just move on (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Become a policy maker then and put minimum sentence for rape to life in prison
    Actually doing something? Fuck that man, I'd rather channel my moral outrage through MMO-C Gen-OT!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need justice. Someone's race or position in society should not affect their sentence. If you rape a woman, you need to face major prison time.
    Someone's race or position in society should not affect their sentence.
    If you rape a woman
    woman
    Double standards much?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

We need justice. Someone's race or position in society should not affect their sentence. If you rape a woman you need to face major prison time.
    Stop right there. YOU don't need anything. All YOU'RE doing is judging a case based off of a story you read on the internet. You have no idea who the judge is, what the evidence was, etc etc. If there's not enough evidence to convict you cannot convict someone without a shadow of a doubt, you fucking moron. Regardless of whether or not he did it, you don't know, and you can't say any different. :/

LOL YOU AIN'T EVEN AMERICAN BUT YOU CLAIM COUNTY JAIL IS WORSE THAN PRISON PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF LOOOOOOOOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Double standards much?
    shhh dont try to imply men can be raped. never happens. only wiminz have bad things happen to them and their perp gets away!!!!!!

[Infracted - Flaming]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-08-12 at 05:23 PM. Reason: LOOOOL U SRS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Facts for one moment: he was sentenced to 2 years in a county jail. He did not escape prison time, he merely escaped the state level of prison and the longer sentencing guidelines that go along with it. 2 years in jail and 20 years probation.

Now that we've cleared that up, feel free to continuing discussing what a miscarriage of justice this is using articles that don't offer any facts about the judges proclaimed reasoning in the reduced sentencing.
    That's what I was thinking.... 20 years probation that's a long ass time, so one fuck up and he's back in Prison.

Don't all you Libs preach too many people are in jail and we need to rehabilitate?

A strict work release program is generally more about reducing the societal cost of imprisoning a citizen than it is about providing that inmate some quality of life.
    So you think that working during the day and sleeping in a cell at night for 2 years is equivalent to spending 2 years in a maximum security prison, let alone 10 to 25 years?

Wait I don't remember and don't care to read the article, is this the guy that fingerpopped the girl that then read in court a statement admitting she gave consent to the entire thing?

I have a son, not a daughter, so my empathy naturally goes in the opposite direction. That said, I'd hope to teach my daughter to call her father for a ride home before she got blackout drunk around strangers and I highly doubt the length of his prison sentence will make a material difference in her well being after the fact.
    Because you have a boy you have no empathy for girls? Do you hear these words in your head before you type them? Imagine your boy was drunk and another guy raped him them. Is it different than if he were a daughter? Are you really that pathetic of a man that you dont see how rape is a horrible horrible crime that need focus on punishment, NOT rehabilitation?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/austim-...lels-1.3717912

How terrible. He should have gotten life and instead he won't even face any prison time. No wonder so many people are losing faith in the justice system.

- - - Updated - - -

More details..
    Mean while they are putting people in the penitentiary (in Colorado) for vehicle manslaughter and DUIs which are horrible crimes but I would rather see these people in the county jails on work release programs than rapists.