Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Invasion Weapons are for Transmog Only?

So one of the first things you get is your artifact and its 730ivl.. So not very useful

Raid Spec is Healer/Tank , but leveling DPS?

From what I hear is you can get your second spec artifact at 102, so still not very useful..
    IE:

1. Get DPS artifact and at level 102 get Healer/Tank Artfact and save all Artfact power turnins for raid Spec.

So I guess it's for transmog or "Current Raiding"

There is no peace, only love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Pretty much just something to hold over the people that don't have mythic weapons till the expansion drops and beyond that yes just for transmog. Furthermore just to slightly amend a slight misinformation about the artifact weapon they actually start at ilvl 750 and you can buy green weapons for your other specs in the class order hall which if memory servers are also 750 ilvl.

It's useful until then for anyone who didn't do raiding so far.

And the transmog is more than enough to expect from a pre-patch event imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    would you be equally as butthurt if the invasion weapons were ... more powerful ilvl wise? of course you would.

these weapons are not and were not supposed to beat out current raid tier gear, they were meant as a supplement. something many people may not need in any other capacity but tmog/very under geared alts.

subjectively speaking, these weapon models look vastly inferior to current raid and future artifact models as a result of their intentions.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-08-13 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    So one of the first things you get is your artifact and its 730ivl.. So not very useful

Raid Spec is Healer/Tank , but leveling DPS?

From what I hear is you can get your second spec artifact at 102, so still not very useful..
    IE:

1. Get DPS artifact and at level 102 get Healer/Tank Artfact and save all Artfact power turnins for raid Spec.

So I guess it's for transmog or "Current Raiding"
    They're literally in the game for prepatch power progression. Artifact weapons will be used for the entire expansion so it's literally irrelevant as to what your weapons are now. It's for people like me who skipped this expansion and only had ilvl 705 weapons until now. Having 725s is nice as it allows me to kill shit faster which means faster Tanaan dailies etc. Just a nice little thing to have to get some stuff done before the new expansion. Also DH's only have 680s so... good thing to help gear them up for some prepatch fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    They're literally in the game for prepatch power progression. Artifact weapons will be used for the entire expansion so it's literally irrelevant as to what your weapons are now. It's for people like me who skipped this expansion and only had ilvl 705 weapons until now. Having 725s is nice as it allows me to kill shit faster which means faster Tanaan dailies etc. Just a nice little thing to have to get some stuff done before the new expansion. Also DH's only have 680s so... good thing to help gear them up for some prepatch fun as well.
    Yeah I only focused on my druid so I'm using this to get better gear on some of my alts to make leveling easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    ... It's for people like me who skipped this expansion and only had ilvl 705 weapons until now.
    More to the point, for people like my alt mage who was 631 the day the prepunch dropped with a 640 weapon. He's now, um, 686? Something like that. THAT will make a real difference. I'm not even bothering on my hunter who's 710.

What???? Those dirty bastards....... NNNNNNNooooooooo......

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I thought artifacts started at 750?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I thought artifacts started at 750?
    They do. Class hall supplementary weapons are 740.

Though, it matters not because legion leveling is easy stuff. It's something to do. I've been gearing my alts just because :/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    As far as I've seen it, the invasions are good catch-up gear for those of us who only raided on say, one character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    They do. Class hall supplementary weapons are 740.

Though, it matters not because legion leveling is easy stuff. It's something to do. I've been gearing my alts just because :/
    It's easy if you have 670+ I would say, but if you're going in with a 630 alt you only leveled and never touched after, the it'll be harder

Personally, all my alts were 670+ as soon as they hit 100 using the baleful tokens from the dungeon call to arms satchels, and now they are almost all done with invasion gearing too

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    As far as I've seen it, the invasions are good catch-up gear for those of us who only raided on say, one character.
    I have a friend who plays maybe 10 hours a week, these invasions are getting all his alts up to speed, even some of mine for off-specs.

Great way to do catch-up gear that isn't tied to daily missions on some island.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It's easy if you have 670+ I would say, but if you're going in with a 630 alt you only leveled and never touched after, the it'll be harder

Personally, all my alts were 670+ as soon as they hit 100 using the baleful tokens from the dungeon call to arms satchels, and now they are almost all done with invasion gearing too
    I guess. Premades on beta were 680 and it was a cakewalk. My toons sat at 680ish with timewalk badge/tanaan stuff so the 20+ ilvls will be welcomed either way.
    what's nice tho is the artifact quest scales with your itemlevel, so it's never more than you can handle.

unless your a hunter than the bow isnt even good for xmog

Its for newly dinged 100's

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I guess. Premades on beta were 680 and it was a cakewalk. My toons sat at 680ish with timewalk badge/tanaan stuff so the 20+ ilvls will be welcomed either way.
    what's nice tho is the artifact quest scales with your itemlevel, so it's never more than you can handle.
    The leveling quests start giving you gear around 680, a bit more i think, so that is probably what early leveling is based on

As for artifact, for my main I was thinking about getting level 100 normal dungeon gear as much as I can, and the strongest weapon I have, so I deal as much damage possible with the difficulty being lower (I'm a warrior so most of my abilities' damage is based around my weapons)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I have a friend who plays maybe 10 hours a week, these invasions are getting all his alts up to speed, even some of mine for off-specs.

Great way to do catch-up gear that isn't tied to daily missions on some island.
    This. Much like the Wrath invasion, it's a great way to quickly gear up alts to get them ready for the expansion without having to jump into raid pugs or Mythic dungeons last-minute.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. Much like the Wrath invasion, it's a great way to quickly gear up alts to get them ready for the expansion without having to jump into raid pugs or Mythic dungeons last-minute.
    Other than the rewards, it's actually there to have fun too, I've done over 30 or 40 invasions so far and am still having fun (got only 3 alts left to gear tho, unless they add the 2H int staff or offhand)