Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    SL + SL locks in TBC and WotLK were much mroe OP than MoP affli.
    SL/SL locks were exactly how affliction currently is right now on live prior to the current nerfs, the tankiness feels almost exactly the same.

Wotlk and onward were never this tanky.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    SL/SL locks were exactly how affliction currently is right now on live prior to the current nerfs, the tankiness feels almost exactly the same.

Wotlk and onward were never this tanky.
    My point being that the Warlocks of today are OP as they have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    My point being that the Warlocks of today are OP as they have ever been.
    If you cry hard enough, I'm sure Blizzard will listen and nerf warlocks into the ground before release. Damn warlocks topping meters and destroying people in PVP....oh wait, none of that is happening.

Why are crying again?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    If you cry hard enough, I'm sure Blizzard will listen and nerf warlocks into the ground before release. Damn warlocks topping meters and destroying people in PVP....oh wait, none of that is happening.

Why are crying again?
    What? You are way off dude. I am currently playing 2 Warlocks (Aflli and Demo) at L100, and I thoroughly love topping meters and dominating every single game.

Although I am certainly doing well enough in BG's we are in no way invincible. Single target damage is lacking and can be easily healed through. I die just about as easily as everyone else and lacking any kind of speed boost or escape at all unlike just about every other class is extremely annoying. Most of our damage comes from multidotting and is mostly insignificant.

Deleted
    And they are contemplating a big nerf to the dispell protection of UA, down from 200% to 120% of "remaining"

My gues sis that a bunch of morons dispelled UA when someone had managed to "stack" (I'm aware they don;t actually stack) four or five of them

Considering that the UA is the only protection for our dots, that change would mean no one would think about dumping a "single" UA

Back to the 'good old days', oh dear, a lock ha smanaged ot dot me up, oh, now I'm not.

And now this whacky "hotfix in testing"

Affliction :

Intellect: 120% (down from 155%)

I see a lot of people just tossing out "warlocks crazy op" making reference to the day of patch release or shortly after, without even realizing how much they've really cut for affliction.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2016-08-12 at 02:59 PM.

Also: "When Unstable Affliction is dispelled, it now deals 120% of the remaining spell damage (was 200%)."
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Also: "When Unstable Affliction is dispelled, it now deals 120% of the remaining spell damage (was 200%)."
    I got some of those "Win 100 Arenas in 3x3" mounts from MoP and was thinking of giving PVP a try with affliction in 7.1.

It's these kind of things that turn me out from even trying. Not the gear, nor the currency, it's the never ending nerfs because/for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I got some of those "Win 100 Arenas in 3x3" mounts from MoP and was thinking of giving PVP a try with affliction in 7.1.

It's these kind of things that turn me out from even trying. Not the gear, nor the currency, it's the never ending nerfs because/for PVP.
    They actually seem like they're doing better with the pvp stat template in regards to having a way to adjust pvp and not impacting pve, it's just that blizzard seems to change the templates so much that it's an absolute roller coaster. And much of the changes seem to be in response to random bg qq, 1v1 duels.. things that have no real impact on rated pvp.

There are other classes doing a lot more damage, BURST damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    They actually seem like they're doing better with the pvp stat template in regards to having a way to adjust pvp and not impacting pve, it's just that blizzard seems to change the templates so much that it's an absolute roller coaster. And much of the changes seem to be in response to random bg qq, 1v1 duels.. things that have no real impact on rated pvp.

There are other classes doing a lot more damage, BURST damage.
    People crying like this is new regarding Warlocks. Affli (along with Balance/SPs) have topped bg on damage done for a few expansions now. 1v1 they are extremely strong sure, but how often does 1v1 even happen in rated? Nor do they seem to understand by becoming tanky we have lost all mobility. It disgusts me the amount of QQ coming from people who haven't a clue. Even if Locks keep getting nerfed, we'll still be viable because of the spread pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    People crying like this is new regarding Warlocks. Affli (along with Balance/SPs) have topped bg on damage done for a few expansions now. 1v1 they are extremely strong sure, but how often does 1v1 even happen in rated? Nor do they seem to understand by becoming tanky we have lost all mobility. It disgusts me the amount of QQ coming from people who haven't a clue. Even if Locks keep getting nerfed, we'll still be viable because of the spread pressure
    Topping BG damage with a DoT class is nothing.

How is that even an indication of being "broken".

You realize that (by design) any DoT class will automatically be top damage unless they are just terrible right?

We have no mobility and being tanky is irrelevant when we have to face-tank literally everything.

DH's in particular will just EAT locks come 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I see a lot of people just tossing out "warlocks crazy op" making reference to the day of patch release or shortly after, without even realizing how much they've really cut for affliction.
    That's what I was worried about since the pre-patch launched.

Affliction looks significantly better than it is - lots of spread damage and overhealing from dots, the effective damage and healing is a lot lower than it looks on the scoreboard.

Not saying affliction wasn't probably too strong on release (though fuck, it was the pre-patch, who cares), but I think the outcry was far louder than it should have been and will continue for far longer than it should. Affliction will always look crazy on the BG score screen if it's a dot class with self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That's what I was worried about since the pre-patch launched.

Affliction looks significantly better than it is - lots of spread damage and overhealing from dots, the effective damage and healing is a lot lower than it looks on the scoreboard.

Not saying affliction wasn't probably too strong on release (though fuck, it was the pre-patch, who cares), but I think the outcry was far louder than it should have been and will continue for far longer than it should. Affliction will always look crazy on the BG score screen if it's a dot class with self healing.
    This comes as no surprise really, it's historical for people to cry the loudest concerning lock nerfs weirdly enough.

What people fail to understand is that locks are now balanced around face tanking damage and the thread between too strong and paper trash is a slim one, hopefully blizzard will not over nerf it.

Deleted
    So guys, what do you use to track your dots? Classtimer doesn't seem to track siphon life

Shadow priest (VP & SW:P) does now almost double the dmg of Corruption and Agony. Keep in mind this is a single application, but still. They also have some of the best burst / single target dmg in the game.

Looks to be a SP season

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    So guys, what do you use to track your dots? Classtimer doesn't seem to track siphon life
    Enemy grid is pretty good.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjwho2 View Post
    Topping BG damage with a DoT class is nothing.

How is that even an indication of being "broken".

You realize that (by design) any DoT class will automatically be top damage unless they are just terrible right?

We have no mobility and being tanky is irrelevant when we have to face-tank literally everything.

DH's in particular will just EAT locks come 110.
    That's exactly what i'm saying, people are crying over 1v1 duels or 2v2 arena scenarios and blizz capitulated to it with the nerfs, it's not right. (Though I disagree with the DH statement, if anything Affli beats them even harder than they do in the pre-patch :P)

Deleted
    That's how things go guys; you own a lonesome paladin, lost on his way to the flag and the first thing he does is cry about how OP warlocks are.

As far as I know, current builds aren't balanced for level 100, right?

No doubt in my mind that the Warlock is currently OP in casual BGs. That doesn't have to translate to max-level Arena-matches though.

Edit: Yes, I started maining a Warlock again with this patch. It's my oldest character, I'm allowed