Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Some things I don't get:
    -Why you use spoilers in the title?
    -Why you think that you are certainly right?(I don't count speculations)
    -Varian as Avatar of Sargeras? He exploded and died, what's the point?

Did you actually see him die?
    -No, you saw an explosion of Fel Energy from a distant point of view.
    So you can't say; We saw him die.
    You can say; We saw an explosion.

Varian is just a human. His body wouldn't be strong enough to hold that much power and I don't see any value in the Legion doing such a thing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    [Spoiler] Varian will not be the Avatar of Sargeras.

Deleted
    Varian is not shown to be killed, an explosion occurs around him. Since Varian is not directly shown to be killed, this absolutely allows him to make a come back.
    Look again, the explosion was not "around him".

10+ Year Old Account
    what if the "explosion" people are talking about was a teleportation event or a soul merge
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell does this nonsense have a spoiler tag?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you word your title as if you actually believe this is true despite giving us no evidence.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Did you actually see him die?
    -No, you saw an explosion of Fel Energy from a distant point of view.
    So you can't say; We saw him die.
    You can say; We saw an explosion.
    the explosion was him, HE exploded.
    HIS OWN BODY started to glow green, burn and explode.
    how can people be so blind? we saw pieces of his own body launch away.

Formerly known as Arafal

OP, legitimate hypotheses become legitimate when all attempts to disprove them have failed, not when all counter-arguments have been silenced.

If we ever see anything of Varian, then i believe it will be a Shade / Spirit.

But his body is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    If it was to be anybody it would most likely be Illidan.
    It is illidan, hero's and villains section of legion page goes good, bad, good - all the way to Illidan at the end as bad.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    The Broken Shore scenerio made me think a lot about Varian, past history, and Blizzard's in general story telling.

Given this, I believe that Varian will be the Avatar of Sargeras and the final boss of Legion. Wild accusation? Absolutely. But here is my reasoning:

+
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    Nope. It has little hold in it.

Also, no need to have spoilers on something which is current patch and which is something you are purely speculating on.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It will be true only for one reason- the boss design will be a green recolor of lava man bolvar and they can call it a day.

I really hope he doesn't come back in some form

As hyperbolic as it sounds, if they bring Varian back in any way, I'm quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the explosion was him, HE exploded.
    HIS OWN BODY started to glow green, burn and explode.
    how can people be so blind? we saw pieces of his own body launch away.
    People won't admit it as long as they believe Varian is alive. Honestly, he's dead.

yea you mispelled illidan dude

You do realize Illidan's body was taken by Gul'dan because they want to use him as Avatar of Sargeras, right? No idea where or how you came up with it being Varian instead but it's not happening.

I support this theory. Remember, this is the world where things barely die, souls of dead are all around and often communicate with livings and other crazy shit.
    Bodies do crazy stuff as well. Like Garrosh got transmutated to old god emboidment and then magicaly returned to his normal form with just a few scars from players blades. Not a single reminder of old god mutation left on him.
    Varian got "infused" with fel, which is another magical energy that doesn't follow rules of physics. Varian as king is probably dead, his soul is likely having chat with his father's soul or being tortured in fel hell, but his body may still be present with heavy fel infusion.
    Also in the WoD cinematic Mannoroth was killed, but returned in the latest tier as raid boss. Blizzard likes to do this twist a lot.
    As for the Illidan argument, I don't think they will make him avatar. Legion will surely try, but we will save Illidan and Legion will need to came with alternative where the other strong character who's body they have in disposal would be Varian.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-08-13 at 05:00 PM.