Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Discovery is what got humanity out of the caves to the point we are at today. Besides, your "simple" answer is not that simple as you think it is, otherwise we would not have so many different religions with different interpretations.

Also, what the heck is wrong with actually wanting to study the universe, and make scientific theories based on said observations? If a god did create the universe, then having science find some sort of evidence to support such a claim would be to your benefit, no? Or is your belief so fragile that you can't handle the conclusions that these scientists reach just because they don't perfectly align with your own faith?
    Where in all of this did you get god? Really frustrates me tbh, i agree with your take on religions there are so many who is to say what is right and what is wrong?

Because i say we were created everyone automatically thinks i am talking about a christian god, that isnt where i am going at all..

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    This should say solar system not galaxy.
    Ok, discovering/dismissing life on Europa ( the moon with ice crust, not the continent) is easier than on said Gliese 581c. but as we are spotting extrasolar planets here and there and almost everywhere, the topic is galaxy-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It is a special place to us, that is about it as far as we are aware.
    Categorically false, and ignorant! Please do some research on the matter my friend, the CMB is one of the massive problems in science right now. The copernican principle is in serious trouble....i am astonished you arent aware of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Categorically false, and ignorant! Please do some research on the matter my friend, the CMB is one of the massive problems in science right now. The copernican principle is in serious trouble....i am astonished you arent aware of this.
    If there's something wrong with a scientific theory, then it's fixed with another scientific theory.

Not religious and philosophical musings.

Just another attempt from science to write off a creator, nothing will come from this. I am curious tho, what will be the dagger that shows we are the only life in the cosmos? Would a trip to one of jupiters moons be enough?
    I suggest you look up the definition of science if this is what you think. I shall throw you a bone, focus on the words natural and supernatural.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

And how is it a problem? CMB is simply leftover radiation from the Big Bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    You claimed there was evidence of a creator, yet there is none, so you are in no place to say others should do research.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If there's something wrong with a scientific theory, then it's fixed with another scientific theory.

Not religious and philosophical musings.
    I don't think you realize what would happen if the copernican principle were deemed inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It's a problem because HE doesn't accept BBT. This is solid circular logic folks.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you realize what would happen if the copernican principle were deemed inaccurate.
    What does that have to do with CMB?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    still no proof of creator ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Another person who has no idea of what the CMB ACTUALLY says. Yes of course it is the radiation left over from the big bang, or another event. Either way it is the largest thing we can measure or view in our universe. The problem comes in here that the CMB is not homogenous...it is not how the copernican principle states things should be. There are "zones" in the CMB, this goes against everything that we are to believe in science today. Not only is it not homogenous...when you line up the "zones" and align them they produce an axis that is aligned directly with the equator of the earth, as well as the ecliptic. This, science CANNOT explain.

Deleted
    Scientific theories have been tweaked and replaced throughout history. Nothing amazing would happen. Also, it still has nothing to do with your original, asinine statement about "science trying to write off a creator." Science still needs to do no such thing. Any "need" is still on the other side of that argument.

Flat earther in full swing it seems... The "science" is strong in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Not only is it not homogenous...when you line up the "zones" and align them they produce an axis that is aligned directly with the equator of the earth, as well as the ecliptic.
    This shit's too good. I need to go buy me some popcorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another person who has no idea of what the CMB ACTUALLY says. Yes of course it is the radiation left over from the big bang, or another event. Either way it is the largest thing we can measure or view in our universe. The problem comes in here that the CMB is not homogenous...it is not how the copernican principle states things should be. There are "zones" in the CMB, this goes against everything that we are to believe in science today. Not only is it not homogenous...when you line up the "zones" and align them they produce an axis that is aligned directly with the equator of the earth, as well as the ecliptic. This, science CANNOT explain.
    This sounds like one of those "All the pyramids on Earth line up" claims, which rely on ignoring all the pyramids that do not line up.

Deleted
    The cosmic background radiation is homogenous throughout the universe.
    http://aether.lbl.gov/www/science/cmb.html

You are wrong. Again.

Are you people kidding me? This isnt some crackpot stuff going on, seriously just search for max tegmark (he teaches at MIT) and the CMB its all there. You probably havent heard of it in the media because its embarassing and they have no answers...but this is real. Why do you think they sent up so many satellites from 1983 until now? They were trying to explain why the results did not line up with our view of the universe, but every single one of them has come back with the same data.

The non uniformity is regularly referred to as "the axis of evil". I was asked to explain what i meant by "what problems do we have in science" well this is one of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaired Lowlife View Post
    The cosmic background radiation is homogenous throughout the universe.
    http://aether.lbl.gov/www/science/cmb.html

You are wrong. Again.
    Beep WRONG:
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...-axis-of-evil/

Deleted
    Are you people kidding me? This isnt some crackpot stuff going on, seriously just search for max tegmark (he teaches at MIT) and the CMB its all there. You probably havent heard of it in the media because its embarassing and they have no answers...but this is real. Why do you think they sent up so many satellites from 1983 until now? They were trying to explain why the results did not line up with our view of the universe, but every single one of them has come back with the same data.

The non uniformity is regularly referred to as "the axis of evil". I was asked to explain what i meant by "what problems do we have in science" well this is one of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Beep WRONG:
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...-axis-of-evil/
    Ok, that didn't make much sense.
    Can you please provide a source from the same magazine that supports your claim that the irregularities lines up with our equator?
    Please, this will be fun.

Apparently you do not realize that the Earth's axis is not constant. It wobbles. So much for that "alignment".

Did you read the article?

Cosmologists can’t pack up and go home just yet though, as Planck’s map has also confirmed the presence of a mysterious alignment of the universe. The “axis of evil” was identified by Planck’s predecessor, NASA’s Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP).
    Also:
    The pattern of hot and cold variations in the CMB should be randomly distributed – and they are when comparing small patches of the universe. At larger scales, however, Planck reveals that one half of the universe has bigger variations than the other.
    Pay special attention to the bolded part, please.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-08-13 at 01:17 PM.