Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So you say.....that's even worse, if a video game gets you so worked up into a nerd rage why even continue playing it? go outside, catch some Pokemon
    I wholeheartedly think you work for Trion.

You seemed to be missing my point, which is understandable since you refuse to read any sort of criticism. The pack is called " rift essentials " so according to Trion (the creators of this bundle) the majority of what is essential is souls (and the new class) which it doesn't include all of them and is still over priced for the time that they have been out.

So to be on par with everyone else you need the remaining souls, the expansion and a subscription. Which comes out over $120 and will continue to be worse as they add more content behind pay walls.

Even before WoW gave their expansions for free when new ones released, their expansions have been heavily discounted. Why storm legion souls are still full price is fucking beyond me.
    Last edited by zito; 2016-08-13 at 02:16 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

This discussion is still on going o.o.

Cant we close this thread? Its just Slipmat doing PR for Rift.

As much as i loved Rift for the 14 months that i played it actively, it is now a dead game, let them milk it as much as they can, its what they are doing, its a company first and if i recall they had some major human personnel changes right about when Defiance released and became even more greedy.

Talking about it is pointless, the 5-10K fanbase it has will buy the stuff, random people playing it will buy the stuff.

This drive by comment is relevant to this Thread exactly how?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You seemed to be missing my point, which is understandable since you refuse to read any sort of criticism. The pack is called " rift essentials " so according to Trion (the creators of this bundle) the majority of what is essential is souls (and the new class) which it doesn't include all of them and is still over priced for the time that they have been out.

So to be on par with everyone else you need the remaining souls, the expansion and a subscription. Which comes out over $120 and will continue to be worse as they add more content behind pay walls.

Even before WoW gave their expansions for free when new ones released, their expansions have been heavily discounted. Why storm legion souls are still full price is fucking beyond me.
    Slipmat thinking Trion has produced anything worth $50 is pretty laughable and just goes to show how completely out of touch with modern MMO's he is.

MMO's in general are on the decline, poorly produced games like Rift are practically irrelevant to anyone not on Trion's pay roll and a small collective of die hard fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seemed to be missing my point, which is understandable since you refuse to read any sort of criticism
    You made a point? what? you're insisting you need this pack, that pack to play the game, i'm saying you don't, how hard is that to grasp...

You want to be a tank? great, pick Warrior, Cleric, Rogue all of which can tank fine with free souls, want to be a Healer? fine go Cleric or Mage, which can heal just fine on free souls, want to go support? go Rogue or Mage and so on and so on, there is nothing essential you need to buy to enjoy playing Rift with access to all content at level 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Slipmat thinking Trion has produced anything worth $50 is pretty laughable and just goes to show how completely out of touch with modern MMO's he is.
    So because i choose to play Rift i'm out of touch? looooool

You made a point? what? you're insisting you need this pack, that pack to play the game, i'm saying you don't, how hard is that to grasp...
    No this is my point:

The pack is called " rift essentials " so according to Trion (the creators of this bundle) the majority of what is essential is souls (and the new class) which it doesn't include all of them and is still over priced for the time that they have been out.

and until you acklowdge something other than baiting people into an argument there is no point in talking to you. You want to speak about the positive things Trion has done? Sure but you can't ignore the negatives and pretend everyone is fine
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So because i choose to play Rift i'm out of touch? looooool

Nobody wants pay walls, a game where you can buy fucking raid gear from a cash shop, 'dungeon charges', to pay for additional classes outside of the occasional xpac purchases, to run to dungeons, or anything else off the laundry list of dumb shit Trion has pulled to effectively kill their game.

I'm not criticizing you for playing Rift, I'm criticizing you for being a Yes-man- and saying all of this nonsense is okay. You're in the same lot as the people that defend day-1 DLCs on Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants pay walls, a game where you can buy fucking raid gear from a cash shop, 'dungeon charges'
    Cry me a river? paywalls? you can play the entire game for free, just because you cry about not having everything on the Store doesn't mean you can't play the game, anyone can make a free account and level all the way to 65 and never spend a penny, i'm not sure just what's so hard to understand about that.

Are you the person buying lower quality raid gear on the store? no? then why are you so upset, a raider gets better gear for free by um, you know, raiding?

Everyone gets Dungeons Charges to use once a day, being a Patron allows you to stack them up to a maximum of seven, woopie, big deal, righr game changer there.

Cry me a river? paywalls? you can play the entire game for free, just because you cry about not having everything on the Store doesn't mean you can't play the game, anyone can make a free account and level all the way to 65 and never spend a penny, i'm not sure just what's so hard to understand about that.

Are you the person buying lower quality raid gear on the store? no? then why are you so upset, a raider gets better gear for free by um, you know, raiding?

Everyone gets Dungeons Charges to use once a day, being a Patron allows you to stack them up to a maximum of seven, woopie, big deal, righr game changer there.

Okay, Baghdad Bob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just do us both a favor and put you on ignore, already have most of the drive by posters on ignore so nothing lost, thank you for your time

I'll just do us both a favor and put you on ignore, already have most of the drive by posters on ignore so nothing lost, thank you for your time
    You sure you're not on Trion's payroll?

You sure you're not on Trion's payroll?
    Well he is a "community ambassador" so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets free patron time every so often or something.

- - - Updated - - -

No this is my point:

and until you acklowdge something other than baiting people into an argument there is no point in talking to you. You want to speak about the positive things Trion has done? Sure but you can't ignore the negatives and pretend everyone is fine
    Don't bother with him dude. This is the exact point I made earlier. Criticism of a game is ok. Bashing outright is stupid and so is white knighting. Problem with Slipmat is he thinks Trion is lord almighty and can do no wrong.

If all you're going to do is run and hide instead of facing other peoples' opinions, then you won't mind when we do the same to you.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If all you're going to do is run and hide instead of facing other peoples' opinions, then you won't mind when we do the same to you.
    But Trion are the best company ever man and Rift is so amazing! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But Trion are the best company ever man and Rift is so amazing! /s
    Someone might want to tell their forum dev community that being ignorant and even unaccepting of other people's thoughts and opinions is textbook narcissism, and that's probably not a thing they want to do.

Whenever someone has says, "Well I disagree, so I'm going to ignore you" I just consider that a win.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be quite fair, Rift has taken a largely negative perception based solely on the way he talks about it here. Being a community ambassador should mean you help give people options and don't argue with them, but I guess for Trion it means public shill. If you can simply ignore everything he says, you can usually find more positive middle ground to discuss.

I mean for example, they did have one of the best F2P models around that set the standard at the time. Wildstar took a similar F2P model (but it probably won't stay). It's a great game, but currently the way they manage it makes it feel unworthy to play. It literally feels like throwing money away. I took the free level 40 boost pack and was considering coming back to play Starfall in my Legion downtime, but not anymore.
    BAD WOLF

That is a horrible analogy. This isn't a restaurant this is a video game. No you don't need everything on the game store. I never said you did. I said it was ironic that the "essential pack" doesn't have everything you essentially need and no F2P players are not happy because they are second class citizens, that's the whole point of the conversation, if they were happy this topic never would of shown up.
    The worst part of Trions packs is that they also has a lot of things bundled into it that I don't really want. I play a Mage so I've got no interest in spending money to unlock Cleric souls or the Primalist. While I'd be more than happy to spend £5-6 to unlock an individual soul that I want, I'm not at all pleased with spending far more on additional souls I'm not going to get any use out of at all. They're only good deals if you want everything in the pack, its got a very poor return on that investment for me which is where they lost me as a potential customer.

I realise that the Essentials bundle is more to help players getting into the game rather than existing players, but its still a disapointing practice overall. I don't think Trion have ever gotten to grips with the idea that getting small amounts of cash from more of your player base is better than extracting as much as you can from a small minority. A pick and choose your own bundle would be even better, but I realise thats never going to happen. Trion aren't that consumer friendly anymore.

I don't understand defending the RIFT store, it's blatant p2w, defend the game all you like because RIFT (pre NT) is solid, and Starfall looks solid, but the shop is terrible.

I main Wildstar, and the worst thing that ever is going to even touch the shop are AMP (sort of talents) and ability points) which at this point in the game are so minor and easy to obtain that it isn't even p2w/

RIFT straight up sells stuff that was BiS right before a new raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be quite fair, Rift has taken a largely negative perception based solely on the way he talks about it here. Being a community ambassador should mean you help give people options and don't argue with them, but I guess for Trion it means public shill. If you can simply ignore everything he says, you can usually find more positive middle ground to discuss.

I mean for example, they did have one of the best F2P models around that set the standard at the time. Wildstar took a similar F2P model (but it probably won't stay). It's a great game, but currently the way they manage it makes it feel unworthy to play. It literally feels like throwing money away. I took the free level 40 boost pack and was considering coming back to play Starfall in my Legion downtime, but not anymore.
    IDK, Wildstar did see 100% increase in profits in Q2 2016.

Sure, thats still not a lot, but given that they have a dev team of about 55-65 dedicated devs and 2 servers AND share a studio with the BnS team, Wildstar doesnt seem like it needs to be shut down
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    IDK, Wildstar did see 100% increase in profits in Q2 2016.
    Because of Steam, but 100% of jack shit is still jack shit. WS revenue is still in the gutter in a major way and there aren't really any growth prospects for the future now that F2P and Steam have gone live and the Chinese version was axed.

The games future isn't too bright. Even Rift, with all its struggles in recent years (it at least had the benefit of a very strong launch and F2P transition) is in an infinitely better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because of Steam, but 100% of jack shit is still jack shit. WS revenue is still in the gutter in a major way and there aren't really any growth prospects for the future now that F2P and Steam have gone live and the Chinese version was axed.

The games future isn't too bright. Even Rift, with all its struggles in recent years (it at least had the benefit of a very strong launch and F2P transition) is in an infinitely better position.
    One day, we can return to MMO's that have their own direction and aren't developed simply to out-WoW Warcraft.

WildStar's decline was a pretty spectacular train wreck to watch and pretty much checked every single box on 'how not to run an MMO' on the way out, from abusive Devs/Community Reps to re-tuning raids after 'world' firsts, to an abysmal F2P launch. Has anyone even SEEN Warplots though?!

The classic launch version of Rift was super solid all the way through Storm Legion (I quit around Ember Isle or so), but even a solid launch can't save Trion from themselves, their old policy of 'be a bro' quickly turned into 'take their money' right around the time Final Fantasy XIV came out.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2016-08-13 at 11:47 PM.