Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I guess these are simply case-in-point posts?
    I thought offering more sprinkles was a perfectly civil reply.

I could always revert back to the tried and true "get fukt, ur opinion aint sht.", but I'm not actively looking for a ban at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooptiedoo View Post
    Being a longtime lurker i can confirm. Look at the first what, 5 responses; Crybaby.jpg, BOOHOO, you should see a psychiatrist etc.
    Its sad.
    But what do you expect coming to a forum people post on and insulting them? The OP literally insulted everyone that post on MMO-C... Not only that, it's childish to make a post whining about a community you don't like. Just stop coming and ignore it. You don't need to throw a public fit about it. It's on the same level as a child throwing a tantrum. It's attention seeking and unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    But what do you expect coming to a forum people post on and insulting them? The OP literally insulted everyone that post on MMO-C... Not only that, it's childish to make a post whining about a community you don't like. Just stop coming and ignore it. You don't need to throw a public fit about it. It's on the same level as a child throwing a tantrum. It's attention seeking and unnecessary.
    Yeah because god forbid anyone actually take a stand against bull shit...

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Good of you all to show you're no better. The OP insulted people and you all insulted right back. You all think you're so superior, but let me say it again:

Through your posts, you showed that you're no better.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    This forum may not be the worst on the internet, but the attitude of some people on here is very poor, as some people have proved with their response here.

Mods not banning flame baiters and trolls like you is the reason its this way. There is a certain person who does nothing but post troll and flamebait threads, but guess what. Not banned. Meanwhile im getting infracted for sharing my opinion. I see where you come from, but you are no different because you started this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Good of you all to show you're no better. The OP insulted people and you all insulted right back. You all think you're so superior, but let me say it again:

Through your posts, you showed that you're no better.
    You're right. When a child throws a fit you ignore it. I'm feeding and giving them the attention they want. But I am assuming the OP isn't 2 years old and should know better.

May I direct to 4chan for some new experiences...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I quit checking this site for a long time, and recently returned. I quickly remembered why I left; this website is the single worst online community I have ever seen in my life.
    Yeah right. Not even close. Trust me.

There are some people here who legitimately care about helping others and the game in general, but for the most part you are right.
    This site is filled with pedants and casuals who combine to make an annoying vocal minority that are predisposed to letting other's make their opinions up for them and mindlessly hate on the game and anyone who seems to want to enjoy it.

The moderators used to be a lot worse too, but luckily (I'm assuming) only the serious ones remain. Darthsithius or whatever, the guy who closed your thread about vanilla servers, does his job properly.
    Others have acted on their own interests far too often and were far too trigger happy. Likely why you don't see them around anymore?

Anyway, I will agree that this is by far the worst section of the World of Warcraft community gathered in one place. I used to want to share my videos and experiences here, but you quickly realize that the negativity spreads rapidly here, and about 9 out of 10 posters are contrary beyond belief, focusing on only the negatives of whatever the topic may be.
    The Off Topic section is even worse. A bunch of people who THINK they understand politics and worldly affairs making threads about random articles or ideas that make no sense or are legitimately lies.

But this is really a systemic problem of the internet. It's not MMOchampion's fault in any way. They don't foster this, in fact the website itself is amazing in terms of its coverage of the video game through its ups and downs.

Its just baffling to me how many people post in the forums of this site and don't actively read or research the things the site submits as news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Mods not banning flame baiters and trolls like you is the reason its this way. There is a certain person who does nothing but post troll and flamebait threads, but guess what. Not banned. Meanwhile im getting infracted for sharing my opinion. I see where you come from, but you are no different because you started this topic.
    This is actually a really good point, especially the part about how complaining about it contributes to the issue. I just did the same thing and didn't realize how silly and contradictory that is until I read your post.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    And people like you OP are why these communities are toxic. This thread is a toxic pile of shit just created to start a dramatic and meaningless conversation based on negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Condescension and snarkiness are rampant on this site, but if you truly believe that that is the worst the internet has to offer, then you are quite naive.

And no the irony of me being slightly condescending in my post isn't lost on me.

I love how 90% of the replies are exactly the behavior OP is talking about, and there are folks defending and trying to rationalize the behavior. GenOT is pretty much a shitshow of flamebait and shitposting. Not even quality shitposting. The topics are all predictable and have been beat to death. You could make a topic "Pitbull rapes gay, immigrant, non-GMO food delivery driver with gun after owner refuses to tip" and this place would fucking melt regardless of how true/false the story is. You see the topics that generate replies and that's all people respond to. Not to have a discussion but to attempt to shitpost the opposition into submission.

The class forums and front page content keep me coming here. If it wasn't for that, I'd happily watch this place burn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Yeah because god forbid anyone actually take a stand against bull shit...
    So telling someone with obvious psychological issues to see a psychiatrist to get help is a bad thing now ?

The OP clearly has some issues, just read his or her post.

Seeing a psychiatrist isn't something bad or to be ashamed of.

Coming to a forum that "hurts your soul" or you hate, just to basically put the whole forum in the same box is BAD and the OP should feel bad about it.

But keep trying to say I am the bad guy or that everyone is evil.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Based on this post, I'd expect exactly what you posted, from you.
    Go to any forum on the internet.

Make a thread whining and crying and claiming that the entire forum is "one of the worst communities on the internet".

I guarantee you 100%, you will get insulting replies. Anywhere you go, you'll get the same result. This is not specific to MMO-C, so I really don't understand the point you're trying to make, nor do I understand all of the "lol you're proving him right" posts.

Literally the entire OP is just ranting and raving and crying with absolutely no evidence to back up his claims, slandering the entire forum and throwing out insults left and right......what, you expect people to respond positively to this? No fucking shit people are going to post negative responses.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-13 at 05:03 PM.

I will say that the forum definitely needs better moderation. We've literally had a guy who had baiting people as his user icon and he's still here.

We also literally have a person who basically treats people like human garbage and proudly displays a "NOT BANNED" image on their icon. Also still here.

In general, the forum, for as popular as it is, is way too damned lax with letting people get away with certain things. You're more likely to be infracted for posting a meme image or something than treating people like shit. That's just weird.

There's got to be way better ways of getting your messages across other than just treating people like shit. But that's more of an internet in general sort of thing.

We just need way better moderation and for bans to stick.

That being said, it's kind of obvious where this would go after the first post. No one likes having the forum they go to attacked, even if the stuff they say is true (Which it mostly is)

^Yeah, mods often take forever to respond to reports. Once had someone outright stating that he was going to make a character on my server and harass me to "trigger my autism" or something, and the mods took nearly a week to give his post an infraction.

15+ Year Old Account
    The site has been going downhill for quite some time now, it didn't use to be like this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

op...

FU

ps: welcome back~! oh yeah.. my little pony is the ghey