Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Sad that your hero has died ?

The thing that disturbed me the most was that noone could throw a rope at Varian so he could climb back after killing that fel reaver.

Come on, it's a flying ship, there are ladder ropes everywhere and it's your King.
    A hero? he left warcraft just he came into it. Blizzard simply showed him up into our mouth with words "look at this badass you will like him!". Now they ar etaking him away with words "look at this badass, you will miss him!". But no, answer to both of these questions is "no", we didn't like him and neither will miss him.

Obvious exaggeration and simply my personal opinion, but Varian was simply a joke of a character
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the same thing thats complicated of using a high powered sniper rifle? like come on its just point and shoot, nothing special about that!
    stabbing something is not as simpel as "aim and thrust" you need to know how to hold the sword, how to counter the weight to make sure the end stabs, specially with a two tipped blade like that...
    At an immobile car . . . point blank range. It is that simple. Even with a high powered sniper rifle, if I asked you to shoot a car that wasn't moving from point blank range then you wouldn't miss. This is what we're talking about. The head wasn't moving, and it was the size of a car.

Also, counter the weight? He would be free falling towards his target. There would be countering of the weight, all of the weight would be behind the sword due to the nature of the attack. And two tips? They're uneven tips. He only has to worry about the leading tip just like it's any other sword. Lastly, holding the sword? I mean . . . don't grab the sharp part . . . I think he knows that.

I just gotta ask, are you of the opinion that Genn lacks the coordination necessary to dress himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    And yet he still lived. This is one of the many reasons people are tired of orcs, especially Thrall.

All I know is that the leader of the alliance went out like a badass taking down a giant fel reaver by himself and trying to fight his way to Guldan while his people escaped. The leader of the horde died b/c he was exhausted from the fight and got stabbed in the stomach.

If anyone deserved to die in this entire battle; it was Thrall. FFS!
    Thrall wasn't the only one that was hit by a battleship. Baine and Vol'jin also got hit. I agree with that Varian went down like a badass and Vol'jin didn't but if that is all you know you really shouldn't be debating who should have died and who shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That are nowhere to be seen in the cinematic and for some reason don't pursue the Horde when they retreat, as we can see Sylvanas reaching the ships without any bomb falling near her and then later we see her sailing away without any issues whatsoever.
    They were not in the cinematic, so they couldn't have possibly been there. Okay . . . Thank you for admitting that you have no clue what you're talking about since you didn't do the Horde side of the scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    One left when there was still a chance for victory. The other left because, without the other, there was no chance of success. Also: remind me which of the faction likes to chant "Lok'tar ogar", which happens to mean "victory or death"?
    And there was no chance of success for the Horde because Varian was gabbing his mouth too much wasting valuable time.

Also, next time the Horde will just get themselves killed and doom all of Azeroth in the process because Varian was a chatty little bitch who just wanted to have some small talk and tea with Gul'dan

tfw when this entire expansion is gonna be

jaina - SYRVANURS WHY U BACKSTARB US!?!?! NOW YUO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

everyone else - oh look demons

jaina - MY PUWER LEVEL ISNT HIGH ENOUGH, SARGERAS HELP ME CONVINCE THEM THAT HORDE ARE TWAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

sargeras - lol

everyone else - lol

20man - why does jainas loot suck

It was Thrall jobbing as he did that bothers me.

I would not call it pathetic...they were being flanked from behind and had they'd stayed, they'd been killed. I do agree they should have had way more demons in the cut scene to show that, but it's as simple as they could either retreat or stay and die. Not matter what, they demons were taking that ridge.

This coming from an Alliance fanboy
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saludin/simple
    *Tusks of Mannoroth obtained 9.5.2014

I will bear this mantle of burden alone, to give hope to all that even the smallest of individuals can tackle giants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Play the scenario.
    They are nuking you during the fight.

On your side those 'big' demons didn't attack you in the scenario OR in the cinematic.
    they walk towards you i guess the cinema would look stupid with a biljon legion bosses and spaceships around to? horde fucked up they had the melee fighting far away from there archers they had none supporting there warchief and they had none protecting the archers then they broke there honor code and ran so much for loktar ogar i take this from the horde cinema. Thrall probaly got slapped around by some fel empowered critter possibly a squirrel since thats all hes good for without mary sue shaman powers that he lost in wod. on the mary sue note good that varian died he was to mary sue and had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    they broke there honor code and ran so much for loktar ogar i take this from the horde cinema.
    This is a good point, but that is really not a good strategy in this situation. This was more of just a setback rather than total defeat though. There is still opportunity for a victory. Even more now as we regroup and prepare a more viable strategy. If we all stayed and faced our death it would likely also mean the end of Azeroth. We were all unprepared and were met by far more than anticipated. Regrouping and forming a more sound strategy does not mean we were outright defeated.

It is in line what happened at the end of mop. The horde was severely weakened and not yet at full strength again. The elements abandoned thrall. From the looks of it Vol'jin was distracted giving commands to others (which is in line with him not being a great leader). The Alliance lead this charge while the horde was trying to help by flanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    It was Thrall jobbing as he did that bothers me.
    Didn't even show up to Vol'jins funeral , that bothers me even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    Didn't even show up to Vol'jins funeral , that bothers me even more.
    Isn't he busy moping and being emo over his performance at the Shore? Jesus christ, who writes this fucking character. He went from being the king of badasses in Cataclysm to this loser now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Isn't he busy moping and being emo over his performance at the Shore? Jesus christ, who writes this fucking character. He went from being the king of badasses in Cataclysm to this loser now.
    Idd , don't think its Metzen anymore , he would have been better probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You need to stop watching the cinematic and actually play the horde version of the scenario. The cinematic doesn't properly convey the massacre that was going on in that cliff. Mainly because the "horde" cinematic only has like 15 seconds of actual horde screentime, and then 4 uninterrupted minutes of Varian Fan Wank.

What does the alliance have to deal with on their side? Two waves of ground troops. That's it.

What does the horde have to deal with on our side? endless waves of ground troops, an infinite stream of aerial troops (Which our archers kept away from your side down to the last second) and fucking legion fel carriers bombing the living shit out of our troops.

They didn't sneak, they were there from the start, we kept that massive tide of demons away from the alliance for as long as possible, but there's only so much you can do when legion spaceships are blasting you from the sky.

God only knows? wrong. Do the scenario. He received a combined blast by all three spaceships. To the chest dude.

Exhaustion will do that to you

Not exactly. Baine was blasted by the spaceships too, and had to be carried back to sylvanas.

Ohh you wanna talk about sad?

Lets talk about sad.

Lets talk about how the horde had to fight off FAR MORE than the alliance did (Ground troops, aerial troops, and fucking spaceships) and yet we held the line and even managed to evacuate everyone without the need of one of us having to sacrifice himself for the rest. Meanwhile, a fucking alliance gunship with enough artillery on both sides to flatten a city, can't get a fel reaver to release its grip on it, despite having nearly a dozen cannons trained on him. AT POINTBLANK RANGE.

Lets talk about how the horde refused to retreat until most of our army was wiped out by the orbital bombardment by the legion spaceships, and 3 out of 4 of our leaders were down, one of them fatally injured. While the alliance was perfectly okay, all four of their leaders were fine, most of their army was intact, yet the minute, THE SECOND, that things began to look bad, they didn't hold the line, they ran away immediately.

Lets talk about how the plan was that the horde would buy the alliance time to do its part of the job on that cliff, and the alliance had to charge through and finish the legion down there, yet even though the horde did its part of the job (We bought you the time you needed) Varian wasted this precious time making fancy speeches instead of shutting up and getting the job done (Sylvanas had to at one point scold Varian with the perfect "Less chatting Wrynn, KILL HIM ALREADY!!!").

Lets talk about how despite not having to deal with even half the shit the horde was facing up on that cliff, your side was still completely incapable of reaching gul'dan and end all of this, even though, as mentioned above, all four of your leads were perfectly okay, you only had ground troops to deal with, you had air support and we didn't, and one of your leaders was piloting a fucking battlemech. What, was it too hard to shoot a missile barrage at gul'dan or something?

Lets talk about how when all its said and done, and a massive crippling defeat is delivered to BOTH sides, the horde's first and immediate concern is about reorganizing, regrouping, and starting to plan the next assault, all of the horde united in solidarity in this moment of dire need, while the alliance is bitching, whining, bickering amongst themselves, and moaning about perceived backstabs betrayals and abandonment issues instead of focusing on the real menace here, which they KNOW they can't defeat by themselves.

You wanted to talk about pathetic? There, we talked about pathetic. You and your alliance are fucking pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

They are too busy hanging out with Velen, Tyrande, the dwarf leads, and that pandaren chick who they also obviously don't care about anymore as she was a one expansion character.

Both sides had missing leaders. I guess they felt it was pointless to send the entire leadership of both sides to battle, just in case something bad happened. In hindsight that was a good idea.

He wasn't at the broken shore. The broken shore takes place at the same time as the second half of the demon hunter starting zone, and he's there, to send the illidari to stormwind and to orgrimmar.

Well he was busy securing extra allies for the fight against the legion, miles away from that carnage. So at least he has a justification for not mass porting everyone away. Jaina however, didn't teleport anyone because she's a useless psychotic bitch who is only good for bitching, moaning, and raging like a toddler.

Come on, she was in this situation the last time the legion came a'knocking. She held off Archimonde for as long as she could to buy time for someone else to do some mumbo-jumbo, and when her forces were overwhelmed, she fled, teleporting everyone away.

Now here we are, and she's giving shit to the horde for doing the exact same thing she did the last time the legion is here.
    I think rob is gonna need some ice for that fel burn!

Might be a bit late to this, and I haven't seen all 17 pages yet, but I want to touch upon something that was being echoed way too much.

You need to stop watching the cinematic and actually play the horde version of the scenario. The cinematic doesn't properly convey the massacre that was going on in that cliff. Mainly because the "horde" cinematic only has like 15 seconds of actual horde screentime, and then 4 uninterrupted minutes of Varian Fan Wank.

What does the alliance have to deal with on their side? Two waves of ground troops. That's it.
    First part is true.

Second part is just no. It was quite a bit more than "two waves of ground troops", with the last wave including big name demons like Jaraxxus and Co.

What does the horde have to deal with on our side? endless waves of ground troops, an infinite stream of aerial troops (Which our archers kept away from your side down to the last second) and fucking legion fel carriers bombing the living shit out of our troops.

They didn't sneak, they were there from the start, we kept that massive tide of demons away from the alliance for as long as possible, but there's only so much you can do when legion spaceships are blasting you from the sky.

God only knows? wrong. Do the scenario. He received a combined blast by all three spaceships. To the chest dude.

Exhaustion will do that to you
    Not exactly. Baine was blasted by the spaceships too, and had to be carried back to sylvanas.
    All this is fair enough, and agreeable.

Ohh you wanna talk about sad?

Lets talk about sad.

Lets talk about how the horde had to fight off FAR MORE than the alliance did (Ground troops, aerial troops, and fucking spaceships) and yet we held the line and even managed to evacuate everyone without the need of one of us having to sacrifice himself for the rest. Meanwhile, a fucking alliance gunship with enough artillery on both sides to flatten a city, can't get a fel reaver to release its grip on it, despite having nearly a dozen cannons trained on him. AT POINTBLANK RANGE.
    Spaceships is really the only major thing there.

The aerial troops were also picking off the Alliance, while Sylvanas was just shooting them down, so at that point, it was the Alliance taking the brunt of that attack (at least in terms of that side of the battlefield).

Also it was more than just a Fel Reaver, and if you shot that many cannons at pointblank range, you're going to damage the ship too in the explosion. It just wouldn't make sense to blow up the ship in the process to kill a single demon.

Lets talk about how the horde refused to retreat until most of our army was wiped out by the orbital bombardment by the legion spaceships, and 3 out of 4 of our leaders were down, one of them fatally injured. While the alliance was perfectly okay, all four of their leaders were fine, most of their army was intact, yet the minute, THE SECOND, that things began to look bad, they didn't hold the line, they ran away immediately.
    Because Gul'dan brought in bigger and stronger people to deal with the Alliance now that the Horde left, and the Alliance had no more aerial support to defend them from the air. Also Geblin was there from the start it seems, since he specifically mentions the buildings appearing out of nowhere, so not sure you can really count him as a rested and ready fighter.

Lets talk about how the plan was that the horde would buy the alliance time to do its part of the job on that cliff, and the alliance had to charge through and finish the legion down there, yet even though the horde did its part of the job (We bought you the time you needed) Varian wasted this precious time making fancy speeches instead of shutting up and getting the job done (Sylvanas had to at one point scold Varian with the perfect "Less chatting Wrynn, KILL HIM ALREADY!!!").
    Yet again, Gul'dan was summoning in wave after wave after wave of demons. Just because it wasn't all at once like the Horde got doesn't mean it wasn't equal. Also, Jaraxxus and Co.

In regards to Sylvanas, sure, she said that, but in a situation where Varian couldn't even kill Gul'dan anyway. Also, it was a trap from the start, so if Varian did rush, it could of went even worse.

Lets talk about how despite not having to deal with even half the shit the horde was facing up on that cliff, your side was still completely incapable of reaching gul'dan and end all of this, even though, as mentioned above, all four of your leads were perfectly okay, you only had ground troops to deal with, you had air support and we didn't, and one of your leaders was piloting a fucking battlemech. What, was it too hard to shoot a missile barrage at gul'dan or something?
    Yet again, goes up to above. The Alliance retreated because even worse was coming towards them at that point. Where do you think the demons and ships fighting the Horde are going after they left?

Right over to the Alliance of course, in addition to endless waves of foot soldier demons.

And like I said before, it's heavily implied Geblin has been there from the start of the invasion, before we even showed up. What would missiles even do to someone who can easily control fel magics? Most likely nothing.

Lets talk about how when all its said and done, and a massive crippling defeat is delivered to BOTH sides, the horde's first and immediate concern is about reorganizing, regrouping, and starting to plan the next assault, all of the horde united in solidarity in this moment of dire need, while the alliance is bitching, whining, bickering amongst themselves, and moaning about perceived backstabs betrayals and abandonment issues instead of focusing on the real menace here, which they KNOW they can't defeat by themselves.
    This is probably the most dishonest part though. Because what exactly happens after is Jaina tries pushing for revenge, and literally every other leader tells her no, and that the Legion is the real threat. Then she walks away pouting. Genn wasn't even there, because he knew he would react similar and decided to focus on helping the wounded instead.

That being said, I DO agree that saying the Horde is pathetic is just as silly, but let's not fight fire with fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    That moment when fanboyism takes over and you feel the need to type without thinking about what you are typing

Horde did their job, they held the ridge for as long as possible. As I said before, the current Alliance play mentality seems to be:

"Horde should of kept fighting, lost most if not all their leaders, and died so the Alliance could MAYBE reach Gul'dan or at least retreat with no causalities."

The Hordes best bet is to follow Sylvanas, be ready to fight the Legion and the blinded Alliance (Genn, Jaina, and the rest). It would be nice if the remaining dragonflights banded together to assist in the fight against the Legion, they may not have their aspect powers but they are still very powerful and strong enough to cause damage and slow the Legions advance.
    I'm not fanboying for either faction, I played both. Horde Wrath to MoP and alliance WoD to now. The truth is, since they put a traitor in the warchief position, they haven't gotten anything done on their own, always relying on outside help and retreating if they don't get it.

As far as Thrall being on the ground beaten, look to the Shaman artifact quest chain. It explains that Thrall isnt as powerful as he was since he killed Garrosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    At an immobile car . . . point blank range. It is that simple. Even with a high powered sniper rifle, if I asked you to shoot a car that wasn't moving from point blank range then you wouldn't miss. This is what we're talking about. The head wasn't moving, and it was the size of a car.

Also, counter the weight? He would be free falling towards his target. There would be countering of the weight, all of the weight would be behind the sword due to the nature of the attack. And two tips? They're uneven tips. He only has to worry about the leading tip just like it's any other sword. Lastly, holding the sword? I mean . . . don't grab the sharp part . . . I think he knows that.

I just gotta ask, are you of the opinion that Genn lacks the coordination necessary to dress himself?
    `its not stationairy, or immobile, it is both moving, and at range
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milch View Post
    This is a good point, but that is really not a good strategy in this situation. This was more of just a setback rather than total defeat though. There is still opportunity for a victory. Even more now as we regroup and prepare a more viable strategy. If we all stayed and faced our death it would likely also mean the end of Azeroth. We were all unprepared and were met by far more than anticipated. Regrouping and forming a more sound strategy does not mean we were outright defeated.
    no it really isint considering they are fighting an infinite army that can just truly die in there own realm its probaly why they had that gunship to take down the main building and stopp the portal before they got overun and its my we are desperately searching for these pillars cause there the only hope we have left to turn the tide its also why we seek powerful artifact weapons becouse its the only other known way to kill demons outside of the nether. its why they striked brokenshore together and horde failed becouse there where not ready to be fully defeated to get the jobb done.

Why are Hordebois so vicious about their fanboyism? You can feel the anger in these defensive posts. (Anyone remember a few blizzcons back when they were physically attacking alliance players?)

You guys keep playing musical Warchiefs and your lore is a mess but lets bash on the Allies because that's the one thing you all have in common right?

At least Varian had real character progression and died a hero. Thrall emo'd, Garrosh derped, Voljin got killed head on by a legion Grunt, what's gonna happen when you guys replace Sylvanas? I imagine that whole "I raise the dead for lulz" thing won't go over too well for too long. You guys need some real leadership that's not going to be replaced every other expansion, and you know, it's probably mostly your fault for bitching about Thrall constantly, had that not come into play you could have had a stable Warchief this entire time, he was Varians counter, and now he's nothing.