@Tiase - We actually have stat calculations coming sometime next week (that's the goal) for the simulator. We are taking a pretty robust approach to handle stats for Legion. And then for ranking gear, we'll be ranking the harder stuff (like trinkets and legendaries) from actual simulations. We're pretty excited about that, it will take gearing to a whole new level.

You can play with it right now on http://beta.askmrrobot.com - load a generic character and choose the 840 gear profile (instead of the PVP one). Then what I do, is on the setup page, I scroll past the gear and expand the 'stats' section. Then I add value to one stat, and take an equal amount away from another (to keep it realistic for that gear level). Then I simulate it and see how the damage changed. **The simulator is meant for Legion characters, so we have all Legion legendaries and gear modeled, but we do not have old warlords set bonuses or trinkets modeled. FYI.

Then next week we'll be able to run these sorts of things FOR you (instead of manual setups).

We have a ton of Demon Hunters playing on the simulator today, but it's still pretty new to a lot of people. So I wanted to share a crash-course video I made. It's all web-based and easy to use. You can change gear and artifact stuff just as easily as you do on the regular site, it's pretty handy. Hit me up if you have questions.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

will you be able to unlock all artifact traits on your wep? if so, how fast can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by pettski View Post
    will you be able to unlock all artifact traits on your wep? if so, how fast can it be done?
    You will. I think blizzard said a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    AMR's sim probably has it, yes

But there's no solid number; it's all about the balance of stats rather than X%, then Y%, then Z%
    I'm at work right now or I'd try this myself.....but does anyone know if SimC can generate accurate stat weights right now for DHs even during this weird pre-patch setting? Or would the logic break down?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Question regarding stat balance. Is there any "soft cap" where stacking crit isn't worth it anymore? Like let's say at 40% crit versa is better or whatever.
    typically you want a balance while still favoring crit. But if you have like 80% crit and 10% of everything else all that crit is wasted. Only way to know is to sim your own toon

Disregard already been answered. Somehow I was stuck on an old post and didnt see everything following it.
    Science the shit out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by pettski View Post
    3-4 months, depending on how much you grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crits-N-Gigglz View Post
    3-4 months, depending on how much you grind.
    That is to get all 54 traits. You will be able to get the full 34 in a month to six weeks. My numbers are a little skewed because of the change to Class Hall Artifact research change (Was 24 hrs, now it is 48 hrs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

So if you are going to Dual-Spec often enough to care...it will be faster to go 34/34 Havoc then 34/34 Veng before starting on the "bonus trait" of Havoc.

So if pure Havoc is 4/5 months, for max havoc/34 veng I should expect around 5/6 months?

Can you earn Points for Veng while playing Havoc?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    So if you are going to Dual-Spec often enough to care...it will be faster to go 34/34 Havoc then 34/34 Veng before starting on the "bonus trait" of Havoc.

So if pure Havoc is 4/5 months, for max havoc/34 veng I should expect around 5/6 months?

Can you earn Points for Veng while playing Havoc?
    Artifact power is a consumable, so you can just save them while you are world questing as havoc or whatever, then swap to Veng and use them all.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Ok good. Think Wowhead said at one point the power you get with one doesn't work on the the other or something like that.

Might have read that wrong.

Yeah this part confused me:
    Once you acquire an item that grants Artifact Power, click on it to add Artifact Power to your CURRENTLY EQUIPPED Artifact Weapon
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2016-08-12 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Ok good. Think Wowhead said at one point the power you get with one doesn't work on the the other or something like that.

Might have read that wrong.
    This applies if you *use* the item on an artifact; once you use it on an artifact it is locked into that artifact

Is it me or Eye Beam got nerfed? Doing mythic+ right now and Eye Beam ticks are hitting less than it used to do.

Do demon hunters at 100 scale like really bad? seems like 690 and 710 can pull of the same deeps, atleast close to eachother. Only difference i see is burst, but substain seems close to eachother at those ilvls.

Deleted
    Hey i have a question Vanyali for you please. I saw on live server that Chaos strike damage > Blade dance damage ( which is normal), but Death Sweep damage > Annihilation damage. So that means i should use Death Sweep instead of Annihilation when i can in ST and also in MT (2+ and / or 4+ ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Izma View Post
    Hey i have a question Vanyali for you please. I saw on live server that Chaos strike damage > Blade dance damage ( which is normal), but Death Sweep damage > Annihilation damage. So that means i should use Death Sweep instead of Annihilation when i can in ST and also in MT (2+ and / or 4+ ) ?
    Death Sweep follows the same logic as Blade Dance; it's not all about the damage, but also the effective fury cost on a crit

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I have the same problem. The damage doesn't seem to change that much. I thought it might be because I had too much crit and not enough versa. Or perhaps it's cause we just don't have most of our talents / no tier set
    Demon blades is just really random at 100, since you rely on it proccing so heavily. Some pulls im doing 60k others im doing 40k. Crits are also pretty big.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Soooo, i dont know if i am blind or so, but what is the actual Pre-Legion BiS-Trinket list? I cant find it anywhere

I got a dagger from M Assault, is it advisable to use a higher ilvl dagger instead of a proper 1h as a demon hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by seeltas92 View Post
    Soooo, i dont know if i am blind or so, but what is the actual Pre-Legion BiS-Trinket list? I cant find it anywhere
    I don't have one, not sure if there is one - it really comes down to "get the highest ilvl you can to help you level" more than anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    I got a dagger from M Assault, is it advisable to use a higher ilvl dagger instead of a proper 1h as a demon hunter?
    Dagger is optimal to play dblades at 110. Otherwise, no

is it by design or a bug, that if you have Soul Capacitor proc on and fel rush into mobs, you generate no fury even if you have the t1 talent?

Sure it says IF you damage an enemy you get 25 fury, the trinket however stores the said damage and if no damage was dealt nothing would be stored. So in my opinion fel rushing while spirit shift is on should still generate the fury.