Thread: Demonblade?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demonblade?

Hey Guys,

Bit of a weird / noobish question but...

So I tried demon blade last night because I thought it sounded pretty good.

Then I went to practice it on a mob, and the combat felt horrendous, am I getting this talent right, we literally charge in and just watch and wait for our fury to go up? It felt really bizarre not having a button to push while fury was generating, to the point I nearly died oO, am I missing something obvious here?

From what I've heard from people who played beta, demon blades gets better and more consistent once you have your talents and artifact powers filled in. Keep in mind that DH is missing a lot of its core talents/abilities that other classes would already have.

That said, I too find demon blades to be a pretty dull way to play. I've been enjoying the two movement-heavy talents (Fel Mastery and Prepared) so maybe give those a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels a lot better at 110 when you have access to more talents and the artifact and have more active abilities. It isn't balanced around Level 100 really. I would avoid it until later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the combat is slower, with decent gear at 100 it's slightly better dps-wise. The margin isn't big enough to say take it or else so I would just use FM/Prepared for more exciting combat since until we get more gear 110/legendary ring we wont be even bothering with Dblades.

Here's a vid I made demonstrating how Demon Blades performs at 110 for context

Deleted
    its such a bad talent, even at lv 110 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    its such a bad talent, even at lv 110 lol
    No it's not when coupled with high crit rate, Fel Barrage and legendary Ring (Legion). Once you understand how to use it and it's charge system it's money. However the recent nerf lets it shine in only three setups/situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

It gets better as you get more talents and stuff. I only got to 105 on the beta, and Demonblade was very smooth playing. Even using it in the pre-patch im enjoying it. I kinda dislike having to constantly spam one button until my keyboard breaks to generate a resource.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    It is worth noting that blizzard aren't happy with demon blades and are looking at nerfing/changing it.

They've already stated that they intend for Demon Blades to be the worst talent in that tier, let's hope they can actually do that, I don't want to be forced into that playstyle because it's "the best".

I changed today from prepared to demon blades. On dummy my dps went up by around 4k so i know now why people chosing this. But its not that bad. You still use fel rush for dmg and rage, also retreat, throw glaive if more mobs. At higher levels will be even better due talents.

Deleted
    demon blades is great if you find Havoc difficult and are mainly into LFR .

I assume that is the reason it is so blindly popular on these forums. However heroic/mythic raiders with proper guilds will want a little more control over their fury gen to maximise its use.

Demon Blades is simply the talent for people who don't like the "build or die" model. Any builder/spender class with a no-CD builder is actively being penalized for any GCD that isn't taken up by an action, as opposed to something like Energy where you can sit for a GCD or two as long as energy isn't capped without losing DPS. Some people like this "build or die" model as it can separate good vs bad play a little bit, but some don't like it since it ends up very spammy, and can penalize you if there is downtime on the boss for any reason. I'm glad there are options, but one will always be superior so it probably wont end up really being a choice of playstyle in the end, more like "do I want to do 5% more/less DPS or not".

Personally never a huge fan of no-CD builders, got very soured on them after playing MoP/WoD Hunter where your crappy damage builder also had a long cast time, so if the enemy died or went out of range/los during your cast you lost time and resources. So I would generally play Enh sham with Boulderfist and consider Havoc with Demon Blades (feels much better at 110, but still not as good as Boulderfist enh sham).

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    demon blades is great if you find Havoc difficult and are mainly into LFR .

I assume that is the reason it is so blindly popular on these forums. However heroic/mythic raiders with proper guilds will want a little more control over their fury gen to maximise its use.
    Whaat? Its popular because at level 100 its the best dps talent atm. Look at logs, every top dh use demon blades. Difficulty have nothing to do with this. Tried it today myself on dummy, boring, huge fury spikes but still 4-5k dps increase. And mythic raiders with 'proper guilds" will use what give them more dps.

Deleted
    I've been tanking on my DH recently as Havoc at 100 is just so bland with 90% of your abilities missing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Whaat? Its popular because at level 100 its the best dps talent atm. Look at logs, every top dh use demon blades. Difficulty have nothing to do with this. Tried it today myself on dummy, boring, huge fury spikes but still 4-5k dps increase. And mythic raiders with 'proper guilds" will use what give them more dps.
    ok buddy .

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I changed today from prepared to demon blades. On dummy my dps went up by around 4k so i know now why people chosing this. But its not that bad. You still use fel rush for dmg and rage, also retreat, throw glaive if more mobs. At higher levels will be even better due talents.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using vengeful retreat for reasons other than mobility when using demon blades, unless I guess if it's a very large target and you can still attack during and after using it, fel rush and throw glaive are on CD and you don't have enough fury for chaos strike? The way I understand it, demon blades can bank procs, and when you have multiple, two of them are used at a time, meaning you should probably also use throw glaive as a filler regardless of how many targets. since you can bank procs while you're on gcd.

Okay, cheers for the replies, I think for the most part they sum up what I thought, its pretty dammed awesome, but feels odd not hitting a constant button (due to missing half of our abilities) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using vengeful retreat for reasons other than mobility when using demon blades, unless I guess if it's a very large target and you can still attack during and after using it, fel rush and throw glaive are on CD and you don't have enough fury for chaos strike? The way I understand it, demon blades can bank procs, and when you have multiple, two of them are used at a time, meaning you should probably also use throw glaive as a filler regardless of how many targets. since you can bank procs while you're on gcd.
    How do you bank procs with demon blades? I never understood this and I've looked everywhere I can. No where does it say how to do this. I assumed it was just a 75% chance. Could you please explain to me how this works or point me to somewhere that can?

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    How do you bank procs with demon blades? I never understood this and I've looked everywhere I can. No where does it say how to do this. I assumed it was just a 75% chance. Could you please explain to me how this works or point me to somewhere that can?
    I think the way it works is when you use abilities, you can still auto attack, so you're still generating procs but they cannot be spent while you're on GCD, but once you're not on a GCD they are spent.