Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance and Feral Druid TMW Rotation Profile - 7.0.3 - LEGION w/Download

This is a Rotation guide built in TMW for Balance and Feral that will display important information in the center of your screen so that you can easily deal the most damage possible.

This is set up to work with any talent setup so feel free to play and find what works or use guides online to get the most of your class.

UPDATE 10/3/2016

You can find the latest version HERE

Feral

- Fixed Bloodtalons buff tracking

(NOTES: For those lucky enough to get the legendary Ailuro Pouncers found that the Bloodtalons buff was tracking improperly. Grats to them and it's fixed now!)

To Import this profile, download the latest TMW Version

1. Copy the Profile in full
    2. Open TMW in game (/tmw)
    3. Paste the entire profile on the bottom Text Bar
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

This will allow you to use this profile as you see it.

Hope you enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

This covers only the basic single target rotation. I'd suggest reading about the different aoe abilities to get the most out of your class.
    Last edited by chesder; 2016-10-03 at 09:35 PM.

Made an update to add the Moonfire ability. It will now track if you talented properly to use it.

UPDATE 8/11/2016

Feral

- Fixed Timer issues with Moonfire

You can find the latest version HERE

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 8/11/2016

General

- Added GCD Tracker to main rotation for both specs

Something I think is interesting is seeing how the players interact with these profiles. You can see what the favorite classes are just by the number of downloads of the profile. Seems that druid is by far the lowest in terms of popularity.

Interesting.

Well Feral's always been hard traditionally, with a lot of finesse to getting things just right. Maybe Druid just learned to things by rote as no rotation could learned, thus negating these types of addons, or at least much of the early adoption? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Something I think is interesting is seeing how the players interact with these profiles. You can see what the favorite classes are just by the number of downloads of the profile. Seems that druid is by far the lowest in terms of popularity.

Interesting.
    Druid is one of the most played classes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Druid is one of the most played classes. lol
    Resto is by a wide margin but feral and booking seem to be lower than usual

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it seems more people use WA over TMW, so that might be driving lower traffic to TMW stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    Also, it seems more people use WA over TMW, so that might be driving lower traffic to TMW stuff.
    Also true. WA profiles tend to be a handful of cooldowns arranged in the center without much information on the order of their use, but some people prefer that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also true. WA profiles tend to be a handful of cooldowns arranged in the center without much information on the order of their use, but some people prefer that.
    That is technically what I prefer, hence why I made my own in TMW. I have them posted here on the forums. Yours are much better, but I don't need the part that tells me what to press.

Quote Originally Posted by derakkor View Post
    It's obvious you've never played a druid because both Pawket's Feral WA and the Cyous/Lappe WA have been beyond game-changing for playing those specs to their potential. To make a comment like that really shows the lack of research into these specs (I laughed when you said feral was simple to play).

I would argue that your TMW profiles actually will result in lower dps potential since it emphasizes a reactive style of spell casting rather than a proactive one, which is easier to adapt in high intensity moments.

These TMW profiles are great for new players, nothing more really.
    Actually I've played feral both as a main and alt since Wrath and have a good understanding of how it works. It has been and always will be a simple spec. The class gets all its "advanced" damage from use of trinket procs/on use and other buffs that happen throughout a fight.

I'm fully aware of what Pawkets WA do and know that literally the only difference between his and mine is the spell icons that are shown. Both his profile and mine track buffs, debuffs, combo points, energy and cooldowns. You can use whichever you are more comfortable but don't presume that I am oblivious to the other players and what they have shared.

Quote Originally Posted by derakkor View Post
    If Feral is "simple" then what is Arms? Your stance that Feral is simple to play is ridiculous. There is more nuance in playing feral well than any other spec in the game.
    Warlocks manage their dots on multiple targets to maximize soul shard gain and ultimately increase damage on a fight with primary targets. Shadow priests do the same. Shamans have to pool resources when they know AoE is coming to maximize burst. Mages store charges of spells and cooldowns to align with other trinket procs and maximize burst dps.

Every class has some nuance to it. Druid is not unique in this at all. You use trinket procs and personal cds to amp up your finishing moves and bleeds. Saying that the class is not simple because you can press a button when a glowing icon pops up in the top corner of your screen doesnt make it any more complex or nuanced in the slightest.

This looks really useful for someone learning a druid, like myself. Unfortunately, ran into a slight problem with some of the spacing, everything seems to bunch up together:

imgurcom/a/n3Mus

Could easily be user error, if so...any idea on how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Orontu View Post
    This looks really useful for someone learning a druid, like myself. Unfortunately, ran into a slight problem with some of the spacing, everything seems to bunch up together:

imgurcom/a/n3Mus

Very strange. I believe errors like this stem from having previous TMW profiles active. What happens is the group orientation gets messed up because the group numbers have changed and the groups get anchored incorrectly. Try importing again and make sure to select Overwrite. Outside that I am not sure what could have caused this

Very strange. I believe errors like this stem from having previous TMW profiles active. What happens is the group orientation gets messed up because the group numbers have changed and the groups get anchored incorrectly. Try importing again and make sure to select Overwrite. Outside that I am not sure what could have caused this
    Thanks - I downloaded TMW specifically for this, so not sure how that's happened. I do use ElvUI as well. I'll give it another shot.
    Well, TMW itself gives me a few errors when I try to import the string. Very odd. I'll give this another shot when TMW itself gets updated.

Thanks - I downloaded TMW specifically for this, so not sure how that's happened. I do use ElvUI as well. I'll give it another shot.
    Well, TMW itself gives me a few errors when I try to import the string. Very odd. I'll give this another shot when TMW itself gets updated.
    4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

make sure this is the order you do things. Let me know if it works out :O

imgurcom/a/n3Mus

i have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NKNoxius View Post
    i have the same problem.
    can you type /tmw and take a screenshot of the profile in edit mode?

4. Click Import
    5. Select "From String"
    6. Choose Overwrite

make sure this is the order you do things. Let me know if it works out :O
    Yeah, still no dice.

Typing just "/tmw" in game doesn't bring up the text bar. It brings up the edit mode. >.>
    Typing "/tmw options" however does though. I imagine that's the text bar you're suggesting?

Here's a screenshot in edit mode and in gameplay: http://imgur.com/a/vgv8g

I wonder - I'm not level 100 yet. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Yeah, still no dice.

Typing just "/tmw" in game doesn't bring up the text bar. It brings up the edit mode. >.>
    Typing "/tmw options" however does though. I imagine that's the text bar you're suggesting?

Here's a screenshot in edit mode and in gameplay: http://imgur.com/a/vgv8g

I wonder - I'm not level 100 yet. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    I have a hunch what may be wrong. stay tuned.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I didn't group two of the groups to the anchor, causing them to position relative to the screen and not to the group anchor. This should fix it.

http://textuploader.com/58qrh

Let me know if this works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NKNoxius View Post
    i have the same problem.
    An update was made, try it out and let me know if the problem is resolved.