Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    All of them. When you kill a demon, its soul will go back to the Twisting Nether and it will reform its body again. There are exceptions to this - a demon will be dead if it's killed inside Twisting Nether, or a place utterly saturated by the Nether's energy. We don't know how it will go if a demon's soul is destroyed outside of Twisting Nether. Logically, it should be dead since the soul is gone, but there hasn't been any precedence so far (there just aren't so many soul-destroying magic that works on living beings).
    Not all of them do, only some of the more powerful ones. This is why not all demon hunters can come back from the dead because some of them don't have what's called an "immortal demon soul". BTW the reason this applies to demon hunters is because they actually absorb a part of a demons soul during their training and so if they absorb part of an immortal demon's soul then they'll have an immortal demon soul.

Demon society is very interesting.

First, you have your truly powerful demons, who act faster and more violently and get their way as long as they don't lose. It's very easy for them to be dethroned anyway though, since its total anarchy down there.

Then you have your shadowed veterans, who last longer because all they do is kite and shit in private places and feast on whatever they can scrounge from the brimstone and sulfur fields. They'll still be caught and punished on many occasion, not necessarily by anyone powerful enough, but by the teeming masses meandering into a direction under leadership just as confused as they are, and getting lucky to catch the poor bastards and indoctrinate them.

Then, you have the indoctrinated, which is literally everyone after a while. After all, its Hell, who can escape? Even when you can see past the indoctrination, you'll still be in a cell and challenged by teeming masses. Anyway, the indoctrinated are forced through a combination of torture, brain infestation, vile substance induction, pain-compliance, and hypnotism until their ego completely vanishes, leaving a 200 pound meatsack. Then they get re-educated to see Hell as a nicer place then it really is, and told that if they don't consume the vile substance, which they call "Water" every three days, they'll die and miss out on all the nice stuff, completely unaware that consuming this continues their delusion and entrapment.

These indoctrinated go on trying to drink water to "stay alive" freely and at great lengths, but you have to tell them the "Salt water" is bad for them because it will "Kill them" if they drink it even though its pure and holy like Cthulu and would return them to the true awareness, much like any amount of intense violence and shock. Usually they all always believe this, even the strongest do when they're captured and broken, and they go on to work like slaves, doing whatever you want them to do for pieces of toilet paper, or even numbers on the wall (Or lately in the palm of their hands) that make them happy the higher they go. You can't just give them numbers though or they tend to stop slaving. We've been investigating new ways to keep them motivated all the time, but the usual rules like don't commit suicide always seem to work at keeping them from finding a way out. Anyway, the illusions are very well kept and updated often, and the victims think they are in some kind of world that's just impossible to explain but its totes the best to take it for face value, and continue to do as we tell them to do while trying to "stay alive."

We've even started a culture to make them enjoy eating ass. It's fun being in charge of Hell! I only hope they don't get me and erase my mind some day, because it always works. It always works. Why wouldn't it? Everyone always want's to believe they are immune to the illusion. They don't realize that getting a grip on reality is just holding on more tightly to the current reality, which if it was a lie would actually aid in their delusion. They never need an explanation longer than "You were born, now behave." LOL
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2016-08-14 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Shhh....you'll shining a gigantic light on the HUGE PLOT HOLE OF THIS EXPANSION.

War of the ancients, the point was to open a portal so Sargeras could come thru and destroy Azeroth. WC3, can't squeeze Sargeras thru so destroy it from within...But Gul'dan has an unreal amount of demons invade, Kil'jaeden is talking to Gul'dan, They are using The damn Tomb of Sargeras which harbors the soul of his Avatar (?) And no one thinks to just ping Azeroth for Sargeras? The literal fallen titan that clove an entire planet in two with his sword; isn't getting a message to come here and murder this. The legion found it, they know where it is....

This isn't The 5th element, he should have been here 30 years ago to burn this sucker to the ground.
    The Avatar of Sargeras doesn't have a soul of it's own. It's a host body that can wield of Sargeras' power that is much easier to transport. On top of that, when Aegwynn defeated the Avatar, Sargeras sent his soul from the Avatar into Aegwynn and then possessed Medivh while he was in her womb, so there's no reason to think that the Avatar has any part of Sargeras' soul remaining in it.

On top of that, the only thing that was left of the Avatar was the Eye of Sargeras and that was absorbed by Illidan in WC3, so there's literally nothing left of the Avatar of Sargeras. Listen to the audio that they released, I believe it was chapter 2 when Maiev said there was nothing left of the Avatar.

Thirdly, the portal that they built into the Temple of Elune (which Aegwynn turned into the Tomb of Sargeras) was only meant as a secondary portal to the one at the Well of Eternity, so it probably doesn't have the power to transport Sargeras to Azeroth.

Lastly, Sargeras was possessing Medivh when he got his head cut off, and the shock of that put Gul'dan in a coma for a while and he was just poking around in his mind, so I wonder what happened to Sargeras as a result of that since he was way further in than Gul'dan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Shhh....you'll shining a gigantic light on the HUGE PLOT HOLE OF THIS EXPANSION.

War of the ancients, the point was to open a portal so Sargeras could come thru and destroy Azeroth. WC3, can't squeeze Sargeras thru so destroy it from within...But Gul'dan has an unreal amount of demons invade, Kil'jaeden is talking to Gul'dan, They are using The damn Tomb of Sargeras which harbors the soul of his Avatar (?) And no one thinks to just ping Azeroth for Sargeras? The literal fallen titan that clove an entire planet in two with his sword; isn't getting a message to come here and murder this. The legion found it, they know where it is....

This isn't The 5th element, he should have been here 30 years ago to burn this sucker to the ground.
    The whole point is that Sargeras can't reach Azeroth, likely because his physical form was destroyed in the War of the Ancients. Why they don't just summon him on the next planet over and let him walk the rest of the way, I couldn't tell you. It's besides the point of the topic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How would the mechanics work here? He's like 200 ft tall and they're 5.
    My understanding is that KJ and Archimonde are able to alter their size as needed. Their original form was the size of Velen, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    What I found interesting was that demons can "Love"? In one capacity or another.
    Well, according to the RPG books at least Succubi can experience feelings of love, albeit love of an overly-enthusiastic, "I'll kill everybody who tries to get between us"-kind, the RPG-books have been denounced as non-canon, but nothing anywhere else has contradicted this yet (mostly because there isn't really any lore on demons besides "There's a lot of them and they're evil")

The Succubus-love theory is backed up in-game by "the love potion"-quest (A succubus wants you to gather parts of a love potion so she can have the dwarf she loves, this quest fell victim to the Cata revamp) and the /flirt emote thing with the warlock succubi.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, according to the RPG books at least Succubi can experience feelings of love, albeit love of an overly-enthusiastic, "I'll kill everybody who tries to get between us"-kind, the RPG-books have been denounced as non-canon, but nothing anywhere else has contradicted this yet (mostly because there isn't really any lore on demons besides "There's a lot of them and they're evil")

The Succubus-love theory is backed up in-game by "the love potion"-quest (A succubus wants you to gather parts of a love potion so she can have the dwarf she loves, this quest fell victim to the Cata revamp) and the /flirt emote thing with the warlock succubi.
    It's all about getting your socks knocked off honestly. Gender shouldn't matter, and there's an update to fix that in progress.

Don't ask about the truth though. Why anyone was willing to believe there were two sexes for sooo long is beyond silly, though we already know you can make anyone believe anything so much they see it as real even before their brain damaged eyes. I mean seriously, a Dickless sex? That lays eggs, instead of spawning through stool insemination? Not in hell. But it makes them happy, they love seeing those chest sacks. I do too, I only wish I didn't know they were fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Eredar rule, pit lords drool.
    this^^ lol

1245798235714 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Xasrai View Post
    My understanding is that KJ and Archimonde are able to alter their size as needed. Their original form was the size of Velen, after all.
    He must be a regular Dirk Diggler with that power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    It's all about getting your socks knocked off honestly. Gender shouldn't matter, and there's an update to fix that in progress.

Don't ask about the truth though. Why anyone was willing to believe there were two sexes for sooo long is beyond silly, though we already know you can make anyone believe anything so much they see it as real even before their brain damaged eyes. I mean seriously, a Dickless sex? That lays eggs, instead of spawning through stool insemination? Not in hell. But it makes them happy, they love seeing those chest sacks. I do too, I only wish I didn't know they were fake.
    did you just say chest sacks.

Phrase of the year.

Deleted
    I know a few things about "demons" like how when you kill them they don't really die but go back to their dimension? Or is that just Dreadlords that don't die?

Anyhoo, do demons have like a homeworld? Do they have to eat like us? If so, do they cultivate or have meat farms or whatever? Do they have a hierarchy like a mayor or president (or are completely militaristic and have generals and such)in their planet(s)?

Also, I noticed when some die, they leave their armor. Does that mean they appear in their homeworld naked? If so, where do they restock on armor and stuff, do they have stores/barracks for that? Who makes their armor? Slaves?

Just curious.
    All demons need to sustain themselves is power/energy, preferably powerful energy like magic or lifeforce. This makes sense since demons are essentially beings heavily infused with fel energy, and as they use fel energy to do things like move/fight/cast spells/etc they have to replenish it. Due to the nature of fel demons are always hungry for more. Any eating of food/prey you see a demon do is purely for show or pleasure, not for sustenance, with possible exceptions of things that arent true demons yet just corrupted.

The most striking example of this is the felhound reproductive cycle: they use their mana sucker tentacles to leech mages and living beings dry, and once they have absorbed enough power, they split into two new dogs much like a bacterium. But another example often seen lately is gul'dan sapping lifeforce from people to use in spells/sustain him.

As for who makes their armor, by and large that would be the mo'arg guys, they maintain the legion mechanical side. there are tons of them in TBC and there is a bunch of them in the invasions now too. More refined magical equipment is probably made by the eredar for their own use.

Presumably demon bodies do reform naked, since their armor isn't part of them. but the details of that are probably never gonna get revealed since its a pg12 game afterall.

As for their hierarchy it's pretty much a caste system, where specific races are transformed into demons to suit specific needs. With enough power you can choose your own caste ofc.
    -the eredar are the brains, top level commanders and strategic decision makers, as well as the elite magical forces
    -pit lords are like army generals more or less
    -dreadlords are kinda like the CIA, doing clandestine and hidden things, attack from the inside, etc.
    -Doomguards are like a army NCO, commanding smaller legoin units in battle, as well as the primary flying forces (untill the introduction of the new flying demons in legion at least)
    -felguard are rank and file troops
    -felhounds arent fully sentient, and are treated more like pets/attack dogs
    -the mo'arg primary job isn't fighting but maintaining their technology

the rest of demons more or less got tagged on after those were created, so they don't fill as obvious niches, most of it is just rule of cool thats later justified somehow.
    satyr are kinda like dreadlords but on a smaller scale, very scheming, basically they are demonized nelfs.
    succubi and those shrivannas are to seduce/trick people
    imps are like your traditional trickster deamon who comes to bite you in the ass after you make a deal with him, the unwilling servant who rebels when he can, etc.
    voidwalkers arent very sentient, and technically not even demons these days.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-14 at 07:37 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Dreadlords are above pitlords? I always thought Pitlords were stronger. The Dreadlords I've seen are mostly sneaky buggers who pretend to be other people and then backstab. Plus they were always relatively easier to kill like the one in 5man Strath(think that was it). Where as Pitlords are like raid bosses. Mannoroth, etc.
    Dreadlords are much smarter than pit-lords. So while technically more fragile they control more.

Although I am basing this off of the Warlock artifact quest for the Skull of the Manari, where you take over a small legion planetoid from a pit lord but before he dies the pitlord threatens you with his master who turns out to be Mephistroth - I think his name was - the same dreadlord you stole the skull from to begin with.

Also remember in Legion that you face one dreadlord in the Black Rook Hold, but there's another as a raid boss in Surumar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    As for their hierarchy it's pretty much a caste system, where specific races are transformed into demons to suit specific needs. With enough power you can choose your own caste ofc.
    -the eredar are the brains, top level commanders and strategic decision makers, as well as the elite magical forces
    -pit lords are like army generals more or less
    -dreadlords are kinda like the CIA, doing clandestine and hidden things, attack from the inside, etc.
    -Doomguards are like a army NCO, commanding smaller legoin units in battle, as well as the primary flying forces (untill the introduction of the new flying demons in legion at least)
    -felguard are rank and file troops
    -felhounds arent fully sentient, and are treated more like pets/attack dogs
    -the mo'arg primary job isn't fighting but maintaining their technology

the rest of demons more or less got tagged on after those were created, so they don't fill as obvious niches, most of it is just rule of cool thats later justified somehow.
    satyr are kinda like dreadlords but on a smaller scale, very scheming, basically they are demonized nelfs.
    succubi and those shrivannas are to seduce/trick people
    imps are like your traditional trickster deamon who comes to bite you in the ass after you make a deal with him, the unwilling servant who rebels when he can, etc.
    voidwalkers arent very sentient, and technically not even demons these days.
    The Shivera are far higher up the chain. They are in charge of managing the "morale" and "spirituality" of the legion.

They're quite high in the legion tier in general as a race as they are their version of High Priestesses, with the shiv leaders quite far up the ladder. They're not really there to seduce/trick, which is small beans compared to what they do (consider the Succubi as local level micro-economics while the Shiv are more International Macro-economics). They're responsible for mass brain washing and mental subjugation of entire races, and making sure the legion stays in line with Sargaras' ..err mission statement and vision.

They're like demonic evangelists and cult leaders basicly. As far as we know, their top brass answer directly to Kiljaedon (as this is his sort of thing)
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-14 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you know what they say about spreading the legion's tai-

you know I'm going to stop right there.

Anyway... We've yet to see any sort of functional society from the Legion. Seeing as they're pretty much on constant world invasion mode, it's likely they're simply huge shifting armies with no particular culture.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Anyway... We've yet to see any sort of functional society from the Legion. Seeing as they're pretty much on constant world invasion mode, it's likely they're simply huge shifting armies with no particular culture.
    The Illidan novel mentions demonic cities, so demons have got homes, or homebases at least (Also makes sense with regards to their developing new technology, can't do that "on the road"), as for society... It's most likely a "survival of the fittest" sort of deal, if you can get rid of your boss you're the new boss (how you keep your new position is another matter > ), with crude specialization according to race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The whole point is that Sargeras can't reach Azeroth, likely because his physical form was destroyed in the War of the Ancients. Why they don't just summon him on the next planet over and let him walk the rest of the way, I couldn't tell you. It's besides the point of the topic anyways.
    Sarg want to make love with Elune
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    He wants to fuck Azeroth, not Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He wants to fuck Azeroth, not Elune.
    Why not both?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    er no?
    he wants to puts his dick (if he has one) into azeroth not elune.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    er no?
    he wants to puts his dick (if he has one) into azeroth not elune.
    how dare you saying sarg doesn't have a dick...... does that mean that Sarg might be a female !!
    so this is not a normal relation ship, it's a...... no no.
    damn you Arafal123 you are messing with my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The reason they don't "just" summon Sargeras is because you don't "just" summon a being of immense power. He is a being of another level really, it would take way too fucking much energy to summon. And maybe that's why legion is invading: They'll supply the energy to do this.