Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    If you read: The Tomb of Sargeras short book, you actually learn that he and Kil'jaeden are now almost on equal grounds. He has proven himself to be much more then the other Gul'dan from the other time line which was killed by the demons in the Tomb.

As it is written in the book, he now feels a trust between him and the Burning Legion what he never has felt before and thus he is being granted the position of a leader. I doubt we will kill him off.
    I'm not sure it's really trust, more an understanding on Gul'dan's part that he needs the power of the Legion to be able to defeat the heroes of Azeroth. With this, he is happy to be a leader of the rank and file. To quote Gul Dukat in DS9: "Even amongst the slaves, someone has to be in charge".

Deleted
    According to what, did it become "Official"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm still waiting for him to declare himself "Darkness Incarnate", as the original did.

But yeah, Gul'dan has been an awesome villain. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he will be dead by the end of this patch (he's the final boss in Nighthold raid). I think they should make him survive, disappear for a time then return as the big bad of a future expansion.
    Screw that. After WoD/Broken Shore I want his head on a fucking pike. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    According to what, did it become "Official"?
    According to people who overestimate the weight of their opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Gul'dan is lame. You barely see him doing anything at all. He just goes through entire WoD offering "drinks" to certain orc characters, yeah such a great lore. He is far from being one of the greatest villains his story is very poorly developed.
    Yeah he just orchestrated the downfall of Grommash's Iron Horde, the death of countless draenei (and orcs), the re-emergence of the Legion, capturing the imprisoned Illidan, corrupting Cordana, almost setting Archimonde loose on Draenor had we not stopped him, and the most crushing defeat that the Alliance and Horde have ever faced - culminating in the death of their King/Warchief.

But no, you're right, clearly he doesn't do anything at all. /eyeroll
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    According to people who overestimate the weight of their opinion.
    Haha, you know, i kinda like Gul'dan. He is kinda cartoonish, at times, but at the same time, he is a perfect candidate for holding the power that he does.

I just wish he would have some more, you know, grim nature to him. Sure, he is powerhungry, sure, he is Evil, but i mean, the only time i recall him being Grim, is that of when he used people as living shields, according to the Audio drama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Gul'dan exists in many more realities... sooo....
    All of the Gul'dans from all of the timelines will join together and form the Eternal Shadow Council.

Draenor Gul'dan. Hearthstone Gul'dan. Movie Gul'dan. HotS Gul''dan. Skull of Gul'dan. All the Gul'dans.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Despite Warlords of Draenor being the worst WoW expansion, bar none. We can at least praise Blizzard for bringing this version of Gul'dan into the spotlight.
    I'm afraid me and probably allot of others disagree with you there, WoD was one of my favourite expansions. For me, each expansion has improved the game.

Back to your main point though, it ties in with what they said mid-end MoP. "We want the story to tie into the next expansion". We defeat Garrosh, he escapes, we chase him through time - WoD is born. We end WoD chasing Gul'dan, we kill him in Legion. Not that we know the end point yet, IMO there 4 options, 2 I think are a possibility.

We are either :
    A. Going to fight Sargeras himself at the end of Legion. (this being my most probable, opening up Azeroth to old god influence and a Void attack)
    B. Going to 'chase' him into the next expansion (this I see as unlikely, that would be 2 legion themed expansions. Sargeras couldn't be killed during questing like Garrosh, or the first tier like Gul'dan, he needs to be the last boss of the last tier, and when we kill him, the expansion needs to revolve around him).
    C. Legion takes a completely different direction, we get lead into something else completely, don't see Sargeras and we end up god-knows-where.
    D. Azshara! we get lead into a Naga themed, underwater expansion. I hope this isn't true, because the underwater zones in Cata I just couldn't bring myself to play. When they do visit Queen Azshara (You see her in Legion, this is a VERY strong possibility) I just hope it's mostly on land.

I've read "We won't ever fight Sargeras until the end of WoW, he's the ultimate evil e.t.c"
    Not true, Sargeras isn't even a "bad guy". I'd consider him Chaotic good - in wowiki terms. He is trying to prevent the invasion of the void, which are the ultimate evil known to the WoW universe. I compare him to Illidan. He's doing a good thing the wrong way.

All in all - I reckon we will be seeing allot more of Queen Azshara.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-08-14 at 08:06 AM.

Yeah he just orchestrated the downfall of Grommash's Iron Horde, the death of countless draenei (and orcs), the re-emergence of the Legion, capturing the imprisoned Illidan, corrupting Cordana, almost setting Archimonde loose on Draenor had we not stopped him, and the most crushing defeat that the Alliance and Horde have ever faced - culminating in the death of their King/Warchief.

I mean...when you stop and think about it, even the original Gul'dan was such a heavy hitter that his lifeless SKULL made Illidan into what he is today. And Alternate Universe Gul'Dan has done more than original version(as you pointed out).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    All of the Gul'dans from all of the timelines will join together and form the Eternal Shadow Council.

Draenor Gul'dan. Hearthstone Gul'dan. Movie Gul'dan. HotS Gul''dan. Skull of Gul'dan. All the Gul'dans.
    Maybe they'll get together and perform a DBZ Fusion Gul....dance... /sunglasses

sorry but no, a great villian is one you like better than the heros and thus guldan ddoesnt qualify

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    What's the difference between Gul'dan and Socrethar?

Literally that one can't die as easily?

And when I see the name Sylvanas, I'm literally at the point where I realize the only "real" villains are the ones who don't die.

I find this ironic since even though Arthas was all about being undead, we definitely planned on killing him and knew it could be done, and that has made him all the greater a villain than these trolling no-die spirits.
    They do die

The goal is to bring Illidans plan to assault the citidels of Argus to fruition.

Hint Attacking legion homeworlds means dead dead demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    But yeah, Gul'dan has been an awesome villain. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he will be dead by the end of this patch (he's the final boss in Nighthold raid). I think they should make him survive, disappear for a time then return as the big bad of a future expansion.
    He really is the type of enemy whose back-up plans have back-up plans, that in turn have back-up plans with their own back-up plans.

As for one of the greatest, well, he always was. He's woven into the history of both the entire orcish race, its impact on Azeroth, the Tomb of Sargeras and indeed the Burning Legion; all before Warlords of Draenor.

Deleted
    When I'm elected President, I'm going to deal with people like Gul'Dan.

Deleted
    Now? He always was.

He isn't some tragic character that cries over the "boo boos" the others did to him. No, he is a full fledged powermonger that doesn't care about anything but power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    sorry but no, a great villian is one you like better than the heros and thus guldan ddoesnt qualify
    A villain isn't supposed to be likable, quite the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanana View Post
    Listen to the audiobooks that blizz put out on the warcraft youtube channel, he gets buffed by demons n shit
    demons are scary

Deleted
    Didn't Gul'dan give away that power he got in tomb? Kil'jaeden and legion needed that power to open portal. At first, Gul'dan did not want to give it away, but then he understood, that even with this power he could not win Azeroths heroes alone. So he gave that power away to open portal for Legion.

People call him great, yet I find it very amusing that he puts so much faith in such a pathetic power.

Darkness, and the horrors that no mortal eyes are meant to witness, is greater then any wretched demon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Isn't gul'dan just like a fat, dumb, poor kid who is jealous about everyone else, and keeps muttering to himself how he will get his revenge, then jumps on first occasion, but gets screwed over and ends up in jail sharing cell with bubba ?

I mean, his personality is just so dull and uninteresting. And he keeps failing over and over again.

Gul'dan does little more than stand testament to the retarded clusterfuck that warcraft's lore has become. We now have people from alternate timelines and realities popping in to fuck with the 'main' timeline (with no exploration of what this means for the timeline they left, nevermind wtf is going on with the demons who may or may not cross timelines, or maybe both depending on the demon... such great worldbuilding) like it's no big deal then hanging around as main characters. This shit has gone fukken Full Marvel on us.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Sure when you put it that way, doesnt feel like he is great in game though, I don't think Blizzard illustrated him well but then once again WoD is one big disappointment when it comes to lore and for the good of the game Blizzard should just erase everything that has happend during it. Also Gul'dan only "took" over Iron Horde after it has been defeated fighting azerothians and there were barely scraps left of it and the power he has has been purely granted to him by Legion. He hasnt done shit himself. Gul'dan is just a pussy hiding behind Legion.
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-08-14 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Sure when you put it that way, doesnt feel like he is great in game though, I don't think Blizzard illustrated him well but then once again WoD is one big disappointment when it comes to lore and for the good of the game Blizzard should just erase everything that has happend during it. Also Gul'dan only "took" over Iron Horde after it has been defeated fighting azerothians and there were barely scraps left of it and the power he has has been purely granted to him by Legion. He hasnt done shit himself. Gul'dan is just a pussy hiding behind Legion. Great villain my ass.
    That's not entirely true, he summoned big stuff to stall us while he limped away a couple of times and he fattened up Gorefiend too! :P

But yeah, taking over what was left of the iron horde (one clan with its warlord still alive, hiding in Tanaan jungle) isn't the magnificent display of manipulative skill that Blizz would like to portray it as...

Oh well, Gul'Dan will have done his part at the end of Nighthold, then we'll get to kill him just too late to stop [Endboss of the next tier] from being summoned anyway! :3

Illidan isn't really bad, just misunderstood. Watch the DH intro cinematic to figure that out.