Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, and like people in real life he has double standards, contradicts himself at times, changes views and opinions over time and doesn't always act rationally or strictly in line with his value system in comparable situations. So guess Blizzard did a pretty good job on this character didn't they? Well done Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    He was down below in the ghetto with the other dirty ones.
    Down in the gutter like the dog that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah I don't like how they did those Cinematics as when your alliance you don't know what is happening Horde side causing them to retreat but yet the horde still see what happens to the alliance even though they have already retreated.
    i love that they did that, it kinda brought the ingame conflict to the players in a creative way
    obviously you can watch both but it's still there and it helps the immersion

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Jaine will manabomb Storm and Org if this happens. Could be fun.
    She's a dreadlord anyway, so it wouldn't be out of character.

I have no beef with how they let out the impression, on the Alliance's trailer, that the Horde abandons (even thought I do agree that the Dark Rangers leaving scene should have been tweaked to express the urgency of the situation a little better) them to die.

What annoys me is that were so proud of Varian's last stand that they pushed it down the Horde's throat too when, in character, the Horde wouldn't see that event happening as they were already retreating.
    But let us not get wrong here, the entire point of this first events is to fist-bump Alliance so hard that there is a mysterious white-liquid-substance flood in Stormind; So the disparity between Alliance and Horde badassery is almost palpable.

On topic: I do agree that it's pretty hypocritical of Greymane to comment on it, but I do understand that, from a purely Alliance point of view, it does seem like the Horde abandoned the Alliance.

-

In short:
    .I'm happy about it being two versions for each faction (as in not being a clear picture of what really happened, to both sides);
    .I don't like how they pushed Varian and Alliance real events to both Alliance and Horde;
    .I wish they had displayed how heavily outnumbered and how dire the situation on the Horde side was and exactly why they had to retreat (even in the Horde's Trailer).

From the Alliance's perspective, they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion about the Horde's retreat at the Broken Shore, but it isn't the first time they've been burned in these joint horde/alliance undertakings. So maybe their perspective is a little more understandable if still rash?

The problem really is with the cinematics rather than with Genn. The Horde cinematic was just terrible compared to the Alliance one, and I say this as an Alliance player. Three quarters of the Horde cinematic is dedicated to what happens to the Alliance/Varian. Hell, we get to see the sheer badassery of Varian's death, when all we get for Vol'Jin is a throwaway scene of him getting shanked.

Genn should be smart enough to know what was going on up there, but couple his innate dislike of Sylvanas and the Horde in general, I'm sure the reasoning is that he's creating a narrative that conforms to his viewpoint.

The problem is that it's heavy handed, which is a problem that Blizzard has had when it comes to the Horde/Alliance conflict for a good while now. They're so desperate to not portray either side as villainous that we end up with comical misunderstandings, blame being thrown entirely on one person, or situations where not leadership characters are stirring the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Isn't it ironic that Genn is blames the Horde for leaving the allaince and saving themselves at Broken Shore.

Doesn't that sound vaguely familiar to a certain member of an Alliance that put forth a half assed bare bones effort in the 2nd war until it hit their doorstep and then in the wars aftermath left the Alliance because they couldn't take Alterac Land and had to pay for the Prison camps. So they built a wall and sat behind it all the way through the third war watching misery unfold.

Fast track to cata and the undead Forsaken of the Third War and it's kingdoms ravaged Gilneas and now he is butthurt that not only does the Forsaken the people he was a complete shitbag to gave him his comeupins multiple times.

hes butthurt and he resents them. Must make him salty.
    One of the main points that makes Greymane a good character in my opinion is the fact he has to deal with the consequences of his mistakes. He's not a full-on hero, but someone seeking redemption for what he did. He's much different from the man who built the wall.

Besides, building a wall is not the same as abandoning everyone to die for no reason (which is what he thinks Sylvannas did). The war was already over. Then he let the Scourge kill everyone who tried to get in... but, when you think about it, there was a good chance they were infected with the plague (as far as he or the other Gilneans knew). Not saying it was justified - that's one of the mistakes he has to deal with.

And of course he resents the Horde and the Forsaken, his fucking son was killed by Sylvannas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    He wasn't wise enough to know that Sylvanas had no choice but to retreat.
    For all he knows, the Horde was doing perfectly fine in the battle and decided to leave because of no real reason. He was literally only able to see Sylvannas' archers going away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he couldnt see what was going on up on the ridge.
    Varian saw what was going on up on the ridge. He didn't see everything, but he did glance up and clearly see that the demons had overtaken it. Varian was the only one that bothered to look though, Genn didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    For all he knows, the Horde was doing perfectly fine in the battle and decided to leave because of no real reason. He was literally only able to see Sylvannas' archers going away.
    Yeah I get that, but hes going to make everything worse because he jumped to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    She's a dreadlord anyway, so it wouldn't be out of character.
    Jaina as a dreadlord thing never made sense because she acts too conspicuous. If you were a Dreadlord you would want to subtly manipulate people. Let's look at Khadgar's "feats" in WoD and pre-Legion

• Has us free Gul'dan to close the portal and "save" Azeroth from an army that wasn't really a threat as we easily destroy them.
    • Sends us on "important" fetch quests while he unsuccessfully tracks Gul'dan
    • Attempts to kill us during the legendary questline
    • Warden sent to aid him ends up joining the Legion under mysterious circumstances
    • Conveniently forces Gul'dan to rethink his plan to abandon the Legion, when Gul'dan had just taken away Kil'Jaedens ability to invade Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Every time I hear Genn say that line about this being nothing like previous Legion invasions all I can think is "How would you know, you were behind your wall during the third War or when the portal reopened in TBC; you've never seen a Legion invasion before"
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

fucking checkmate

Quote Originally Posted by Bahm View Post
    Jaina as a dreadlord thing never made sense because she acts too conspicuous. If you were a Dreadlord you would want to subtly manipulate people. Let's look at Khadgar's "feats" in WoD and pre-Legion

• Has us free Gul'dan to close the portal and "save" Azeroth from an army that wasn't really a threat as we easily destroy them.
    • Sends us on "important" fetch quests while he unsuccessfully tracks Gul'dan
    • Attempts to kill us during the legendary questline
    • Warden sent to aid him ends up joining the Legion under mysterious circumstances
    • Conveniently forces Gul'dan to rethink his plan to abandon the Legion, when Gul'dan had just taken away Kil'Jaedens ability to invade Azeroth.
    Maybe you missed the trailer where Khadgar gets tempted to join the legion by a dreadlord posing as a ghost of Medihv? Spoiler, Khadgar turns down the offer with a kamehameha wave.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Maybe you missed the trailer where Khadgar gets tempted to join the legion by a dreadlord posing as a ghost of Medihv? Spoiler, Khadgar turns down the offer with a kamehameha wave.
    if I was a Dreadlord that successfully orchestrated the largest legion invasion ever and saw some low ranking pos thinking I was just some human mage, I'd blow him away too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Blizzard wants to create conflict between Horde and Alliance.
    U wot m8? You make it sound like the story of WoW is independent of Blizzard and that it can flow in different ways without Blizzard's intervention. News flash for you: WoWs story is Blizzard's work. Period. Take it or leave it. Besides, the story needs something like this to continue the hatred between the horde and alliance. If the story continued the way it was, the conflict between factions and pvp servers would make zero sense. Let the war continue, otherwise the game would stop being WoW and become some other mediocre mmo where everybody is friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Lol it's cute that Horde players are trying to find things to nitpick to make it not seem so bad that they are the biggest cowards in WoW now.
    Biggest Cowards in WoW. Because if Syvlanas is one thing its a coward.

~I mean with her giving Arthas hell ever inch he went through Quel'thalas
    ~Forcing Arthas to retreat after gaining free will
    ~Telling dreadlords and Legion to fuck off when she had NO ARMY and they threadened to kill her if she didn't join them.
    ~Routed and skullfucked the Allaince moving into horde lands in Cata.
    ~Lives in the most hostile region of Azeroth during Vanilla with Scourge , Legion, and Scarlet Crusade walking around in their backyard. Orcs deal with quillboards and Allaince deal with Defias and gnolls OH MY!
    ~Has grown her nation and military to a point that its one of the strongest on the planet at this point.
    ~Spearheaded and was among to first to fight for the assault on Northrend
    ~Spearheaded and was among to first to fight at the Broken Shore

Coward?

I think Sylvanas has the track record to show shes more competent and heroic than any of the faction leaders present at the battle. Cowardice? Ya getting murdered in a Legion ambush is totally heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    He wasn't wise enough to know that Sylvanas had no choice but to retreat.
    The only thing Genn saw was as soon as Varian relied on Sylvanas and wanted her to clear the skies, the archers on the ridge slowly walking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    The only thing Genn saw was as soon as Varian relied on Sylvanas and wanted her to clear the skies, the archers on the ridge slowly walking away.
    Maybe they sould of been less focused on skies and looking at the army of Nathrezim Eredar and Annahilian highest ranking Lords of the Legion Gul'Dan had just summoned infront of them.

Oh its just 20+ Legion lord nobodies. You know guys like Ticondrius, Mephistroth, Balnazzar, Hakkar the Houndmaster..... These guys are low ranking Legion fodder right? RIGHT?

Oh nevermind when trying to escape Gul'dan was able to rain a Fel Reaver from the sky that quite literally would of pancaked the allaince army and generals on impact.

Gul'dan was toying with Allaince like absolute fucking playthings. If anyone even gave a shit or felt threatened the lords and Gul'dan would of been attacking instead of letting the grunts skullfuck everyone.

But something was gained from the broken shore.

The Alliance now has a warcry.

FOR THE ALLIAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......KABoOOooOM
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-08-14 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    really? they dont see both sides like we do

to the alliance, horde abandoned us.
    to the horde, they had to pull back

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Every time I hear Genn say that line about this being nothing like previous Legion invasions all I can think is "How would you know, you were behind your wall during the third War or when the portal reopened in TBC; you've never seen a Legion invasion before"
    Inb4

"Oh, The Legion invaded Gilneas during Wrath!"

- Blizzard

And no, I don't have anything constructive to add, i'm waaay too tired.