Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It was my understanding that the Alliance gunship was coming in for evac, but because the horde fled the flying enemies (which they were supposed to take down) made it difficult for the gunship to approach, hence it was grabbed by that giant demon because it was delayed so significantly in its escape. The only reason Varian died was because that giant demon grabbed the gunship.
    Even assuming this whole narrative is correct, the Horde was going to die against all the hell that was released upon them if they didn't retreat. And once the Horde was massacred for good, the Alliance would have been next.

Retaliating to the bombing of Theramore wouldn't even be close to a backstabbing. The horde didn't do anything to help the Alliance, and the Alliance didn't and doesn't owe them anything.
    Except Alliance and Horde rebellion fought together to dismantle Garrosh's True Horde, as actual allies. Outright attacking an ally without warning ("seize this moment Varian, dismantle the Horde!") is indeed backstabbing. The fact that you feel entitled to backstab doesn't change what it is.

Why else do you think Anduin Wrynn is the character currently embodying the "End the cycle of hatred" ideal? Because the horde are not even considering it.
    Baine Bloodhoof says hi. He's basically the Horde Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Except Alliance and Horde rebellion fought together to dismantle Garrosh's True Horde, as actual allies. Outright attacking an ally without warning ("seize this moment Varian, dismantle the Horde!") is indeed backstabbing. The fact that you feel entitled to backstab doesn't change what it is.
    How can one even feel entitled to a backstab <.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I'm not sure, but overall I'm happy because it's not Vol'jin. I'm happy she's warchief because she might actually shake up the Horde a bit, an interesting and compelling character as opposed to a token good character who was only ever intended for the sidekick role.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sylvanas but I like the fact that I really don't have a clue where Blizzard is taking her character, and if this forum is any indication nobody else does either. Some say she's going to die, some say she'll be a raid boss and some say she'll do something heroic. She's so unpredictable that I really would just be throwing darts blindfolded if I said where I think it'll go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How can one even feel entitled to a backstab <.<
    Remember Theramore ya Horde shill.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Remember Theramore ya Horde shill.
    That's rich coming from someone who has dug in their heels and won't admit other possibilities.

Given how "that's rich coming from you" itself was also recently addressed at you by another poster, I've got a combo hit!
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

No I want to kill her and take her place!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No way.

A Forsaken or a blood elf cannot rule the Horde or bear the mantle of Warchief. She can't even hold an axe.

They should have at least given her a new title - High Commander, Supreme Leader, Imperatrix. Not Warchief.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

10+ Year Old Account
    im not happy, per se (YET) because her story in stormheim doesnt have a conclusion or a clear purpose

the ending of that will determine how i feel about her as a leader

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    No way.

A Forsaken or a blood elf cannot rule the Horde or bear the mantle of Warchief. She can't even hold an axe.

They should have at least given her a new title - High Commander, Supreme Leader, Imperatrix. Not Warchief.
    lolwat, who needs an axe when you can shoot an enemy between the eyes before they get to melee range
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I like how voljin died, now COME AT ME. :3 No, really, I liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    im not happy, per se (YET) because her story in stormheim doesnt have a conclusion or a clear purpose

the ending of that will determine how i feel about her as a leader

- - - Updated - - -

lolwat, who needs an axe when you can shoot an enemy between the eyes before they get to melee range
    You do not see my point. Her people are not true Horde, and have never been. They are allies to the orcs, tauren, trolls and goblins. You know why Forsaken players start as Neutral to Western Horde? Exactly.

Her skills are unmatched, but her statesmanship is against the ideals of the Horde. We do not need a shameful schemer and backstabber, we do not need a pampered elven noble, we need a honest, simple person. Like Thrall, or Vol'jin, or even Garrosh.

Let the Alliance play tricks and mince words.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The battle is ours!

Tell me which leaders of the Legion were dead when he claimed this.

Lets see after the Broken shore..... nope! All the Leaders are still alive. Well god damn thats not really close is it?
    The cinematics do a terrible job at reflecting the named mobs. They may have fallen already, they may still have been around. Who knows. Them still being alive afterwards is a moot point because, you know, demons tend to come back. Anetheron was defeated before Archimonde's encounter and yet he was summoned by Gul'dan too. The thing we know for sure is that whether you like it or not, Alliance felt like they were winning prior to the Horde retreating. Would they actually win? No. Did I say they would win? No. Did they call in the gunship to retreat like the person I was replying to claimed? No. They called it in as a final push to finish the fight. Against your named demons.

secondly you never would of won anyhow. You would have all died. The Broken shore was a Legion ambush. Detheroc made sure Varian lead everyone right into it. By using the oldest trick in the Legions book. Subterfuge and manipulation.
    Look at all the times I've argued otherwise. Oh, wait, that's zero. Seriously, try to read what I was replying to before boring me with yet another moronic rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's rich coming from someone who has dug in their heels and won't admit other possibilities.

Given how "that's rich coming from you" itself was also recently addressed at you by another poster, I've got a combo hit!
    Let alone my unwillingness to discuss by discussing. That's rich coming from me.

Let alone my unwillingness to discuss by discussing. That's rich coming from me.
    Oh, yes, how could I have forgot that one. Well, as one great mind from WHY DO PEOPLE HATE JAINA thread, it could have been not what you say but the implications "you" put in what you say.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-14 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    On the other side, Anduin being the new leader is meh...
    Just gonna pop in here so you know that Anduin inherited the King of Stormwind title which he held before when he was a child. Anduin did not, however, inherit the title of High King of the Alliance. That position is vacated.

Deleted
    Yes, I think she is a great character.
    I don't know why people say she will betray the Horde or "do a Garrosh".
    She's like the most ground-minded leader of them all. She was the only one to sassy Garrosh (she got many bonus points for this). Plus she's only betrayed one person before: Garithos. And man he deserved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, yes, how could I have forgot that one. Well, as one great mind from WHY DO PEOPLE HATE JAINA thread, it could have been not what you say but the implications "you" put in what you say.
    "Take responsibility of whatever is dancing in my head".

What a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Missfit View Post
    She was the only one to sassy Garrosh (she got many bonus points for this).
    Well, thinking about it, after Vol'jin it was indeed Sylvanas the only Horde leader who said a good share of bad things about him back in Cataclysm times (both in and out of the game) even though her approach had far more snark than bluntness.

I'm not happy she's warchief.
    But I'm REALLY happy about the implications it will have. Tension! War! Worgen actually doing something!

I think 1/2 of the demons on broken shore are class hall campaign demons or dungeon/raid bosses. (Like Tichondrius) so they clearly were not defeated by the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

snip
    Are you seriously trying to blame Garrosh for killing Cairne? That was no where near his fault. He got challenged to a duel and Magatha Grimtotem poisoned Garrosh's weapon without him knowing about it. Garrosh was very honorable throughout Cata, even honorable in ICC. Bad writing in MoP turned him into a villain, not his entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you seriously trying to blame Garrosh for killing Cairne? That was no where near his fault. He got challenged to a duel and Magatha Grimtotem poisoned Garrosh's weapon without him knowing about it. Garrosh was very honorable throughout Cata, even honorable in ICC. Bad writing in MoP turned him into a villain, not his entire story.
    You do realise poison or not their fight was a fight to the death right?

Like. Regardless of what the outcome was Cairne would rather see him dead then lead the Horde. pretty simple