Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    In other words, now all the dumpster players like you who never actually enjoyed PVP to begin with think it's great because it's "fair" as if it's some kind of olympic sport. An olympic sport where you're not allowed to train beforehand (getting gear in this case), that is.

You're playing an MMO but you don't want to use your own character's stats.
    You're playing PVP but you don't actually want players to die.

You're just playing the wrong game to begin with, and unfortunately Holinka, being the clueless hack that he is, is actually doing what people like you ask him.
    I don't know, I see players actually dying ;]

The new pvp model is a great equalizer, now every player is on the same footing. It must be really terrible for mediocre players who thought they were the bee's knees because they were able to farm newbs in shit gear in bg's.

Cry more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I don't know, I see players actually dying ;]

The new pvp model is a great equalizer, now every player is on the same footing. It must be really terrible for mediocre players who thought they were the bee's knees because they were able to farm newbs in shit gear in bg's.

Cry more.
    As opposed to the terrible players who mistakenly thought they were only losing because of gear? And beside the fact that gear was never actually an issue for competent players, if you have gear and someone else doesn't, too bad for them, they should have gotten gear, it's one of the main goals of the game. There's literally nothing wrong with wanting to have better gear than other people, and gear and skill are not mutually exclusive.

The thing is, that's not even what this thread is about, though. The pvp templates wouldn't be so awful if we didn't all get 11ty billion hp and like 5% crit. Instead we have SIGNIFICANTLY lower damage than in world PVP, while having almost twice the HP. Everyone is tanky and it's boring as shit.

edit: oh, and I guarantee I'm much more experienced in PVP than you or anyone you know

Deleted
    It is good, but mostly not. 99% of the time unbalanced number of players meet and 1 against 5 situations happen. It is not fun for that one being ganked, shouldn't be fun for the other 5 except they are sadists. I never gank others, I feel good if a surprise 1v1 situation escalates, not a gankfest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh no sorry. World PVP needs no skill, just the right class. If you want to show off how good you are, play real pvp = rated one.

Also, it makes no sense to attack your allies while you defend a town against the legion .... filthy traitor.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

World PvP is currently an absolute joke, even more in the Invasions where one faction always seems to have a way higher player number.

Not only are some Speccs absolutely overpowered, Gear also makes the biggest difference here, i just don't find it appealing or fun at all to oneshot players as a tank/rogue/mage.

Many of you have completely forgotten what made WoW such a great game. Pretty sad honestly.

This game has become so sanitary, instanced, "balanced", and sterile that it has lost all the charm and wonder that it once possessed.

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy playing real pvp(world pvp) while some of you instead choose to play your boring bgs where everyone is a fucking tank and nobody gets big crits.

Because hey, nothing is more fun that your max level character absolutely nuking an enemy only to see a mere 20% of their life total gone.

So fun and "balanced"!!!

I guess the difference is that I'm okay with sometimes being on the receiving end of huge damage. But others are simply unable to cope with the fact that they just got owned, and don't have the capability of getting the enemy back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    World PvP is currently an absolute joke, even more in the Invasions where one faction always seems to have a way higher player number.

Not only are some Speccs absolutely overpowered, Gear also makes the biggest difference here, i just don't find it appealing or fun at all to oneshot players as a tank/rogue/mage.
    No it's going to be much more fun reducing your powerful artifact weapon to a fancy pillow in which you lightly strike your opponent with.

Oh my god I can't wait!!!

World PvP is of course the best, which rarely exists in the game.

There is only PPPPPPvP, ganking pet fight players, exploiting strong classes, killing faction NPCs thus stop others enjoying the quest lines and most importantly slaughtering and camping lower level players.

Game experience and subscription destroyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    World pvp = skill less pvp, sorry but there's no effort into killing someone as they are killing a legion mob/boss who is at 70% health when you fight them.
    Somebody doesn't understand the crucial difference between World PVP and ganking.

PvE gear is just nutty in World PvP at the moment.
    A friend and I 2v7'd some shitty group of horde last night.
    I was on rogue and my friend was on resto shaman. With cooldowns and the ring, it's not even close to fair.

What if Player versus Player is most fun when both players can set up advantageous situations, especially where the disadvantaged always have an option to retreat, regroup, and return at an advantaged point?

That's not possible in World of Warcraft's official PvP systems, since retreat means automatic loss of the entire battleground, but it explains perfectly why MOBA's are so popular, since you advantages are always in vision and position, two factors that are available at all times in all realities known to humanity.

Deleted
    I dont get the PvP during invasions.

It considerably lengthens the time needed to end the invasion. There is no reward anymore to kill someone. The balancing in outdoor zones is really bad as others pointed out. And even moreso, IT TAKES LONGER TO FINISH THAT INVASION!

So to put it short: Its just wasted time to pvp there. If you want pvp with a challenge then go play instanced pvp. If you prefer outdoor pvp, go to one of the outdoor arenas. If you just get off on the fact that you annoy other people, then go work on a phone hotline instead and at least get paid for your hobby. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post

It considerably lengthens the time needed to end the invasion. There is no reward anymore to kill someone. The balancing in outdoor zones is really bad as others pointed out. And even moreso, IT TAKES LONGER TO FINISH THAT INVASION!

So to put it short: Its just wasted time to pvp there. If you want pvp with a challenge then go play instanced pvp. If you prefer outdoor pvp, go to one of the outdoor arenas. If you just get off on the fact that you annoy other people, then go work on a phone hotline instead and at least get paid for your hobby. :>
    Some people PVP to have fun. Alert the fun police asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    The ridiculous PvP templates aren't in place in world PVP, providing satisfying gameplay for all. Damaging abilities actually....damages people!

Which, is a stark contrast to instanced PVP, where everyone is essentially engaging in a mass pillow fight while wearing riot gear protection...
    This was never a problem until Blizz was hit with MLG fever. Fuck.

Because that's how WoW is MEANT to be played.

The catering to your attitude by Blizzard is exactly why WoW has lost much of its spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Somebody doesn't understand the crucial difference between World PVP and ganking.
    There's no such thing as world pvp in WoW pleb (closes thing is dueling), you might want to know the difference between open world pvp and ganking (aka fighting someone who doesn't want to engage in pvp/fighting a lowbie). If you honestly think fighting someone when they are fighting a demon lord = world pvp I feel sorry for you, cause I imagine you think licking a light socket is a good idea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    In other words, now all the dumpster players like you who never actually enjoyed PVP to begin with think it's great because it's "fair" as if it's some kind of olympic sport. An olympic sport where you're not allowed to train beforehand (getting gear in this case), that is.

You're playing an MMO but you don't want to use your own character's stats.
    You're playing PVP but you don't actually want players to die.

You're just playing the wrong game to begin with, and unfortunately Holinka, being the clueless hack that he is, is actually doing what people like you ask him.
    You are allowed to train beforehand. It's this thing called skill. You get that by playing games whether it's skirmishes, BGs or just rated pvp. No idea why you think getting gear is training, which it isn't, it's just a good way to overpower anyone without the gear you have.

Sorry if I want something skill based in the game. Now you're actually going to have to "train" and be good in pvp to actually get somewhere.

Edit: Not trying to sound like an elitist douche, sorry. I only pve at a decent level I'm not great when it comes to pvp but what you're saying is ridiculous. Why do you not want pvp to be about skill? I don't get that. Currently all you have to do is gear up and moderately know your class to do well, in legion you have to completely know your class and what's the best vs each comp in order to progress at a decent level. How is that bad?

I'm also not against world pvp or anything. I love the pvp during invasions, it's fucking fun. But real pvp should be about skill, not gear. Shit hits hard in pvp, just look at holy wrath for ret paladin or WW monk or Holy avenger for holy paladin. Things hit hard, no idea where any of you guys get the idea it's like a "mass pillow fight". That's not how it is.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-15 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    You are allowed to train beforehand. It's this thing called skill. You get that by playing games whether it's skirmishes, BGs or just rated pvp. No idea why you think getting gear is training, which it isn't, it's just a good way to overpower anyone without the gear you have.

Sorry if I want something skill based in the game. Now you're actually going to have to "train" and be good in pvp to actually get somewhere.

Edit: Not trying to sound like an elitist douche, sorry. I only pve at a decent level I'm not great when it comes to pvp but what you're saying is ridiculous. Why do you not want pvp to be about skill? I don't get that. Currently all you have to do is gear up and moderately know your class to do well, in legion you have to completely know your class and what's the best vs each comp in order to progress at a decent level. How is that bad?

I'm also not against world pvp or anything. I love the pvp during invasions, it's fucking fun. But real pvp should be about skill, not gear. Shit hits hard in pvp, just look at holy wrath for ret paladin or WW monk or Holy avenger for holy paladin. Things hit hard, no idea where any of you guys get the idea it's like a "mass pillow fight". That's not how it is.
    Athletes don't lift weights to gain skill at their sport. You need both the body and the technique to be an athlete, and there's no reason you shouldn't need both the gear and the skill to be a good wow player. This MLG "equal footing" shit has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    It's fun killing people, but it's not fair what so ever.
    With cooldowns and the dps ring up, I can 1v3 easily.
    try sub rogue

i literally 1v8d an alliance party during an invasion at our GY lol

classtrinket+legendary ring is insane

MMOs were literally created to waste time, so that's a bad argument

the reward in killing someone, is the enjoyment of killing them
    why does everything need a reward.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-15 at 03:20 AM.

I am really looking forward to World PVP in Legion.. does anyone know how it will play out ? Everyone will be out in the world all the time, because they will be leveling their artifact weapons doing world quests etc.. so does that mean that a large population will be in a PvP flagged zone on PvP servers at all times ? How will the balance of gear effect this ? Will heavily geared raiders etc have a strong advantage ? What classes are going to be the best at ganking alliance scum to allow the scavangers below to feed on their pulp ?

Deleted
    I loved world pvp when PvP gear actually mattered, and you could gem resilience and outplay PvE heroes who relied on 5 seconds of burst. Or you had the option to wear your PvE gear and kill lesser geared players before they would be aware of your pressence. Now you only have the last option, but that requires raiding on the highest level as well as the right class/spec. Sadly I haven't raided heroics (now mythics) for a while, but maybe that will change in Legion.

Apparently some players were whining too much when one class got a 0.5 sec CC duration nerf, or a 10% nerf on a hard hitting ability, because of PvP balancing. Nevermind the fact that a lot of classes gets a 10-20% nerf/buff across the line every major patch because of PvE balance reasons, which has always changed how PvP worked entirely.

I guess world PvP will forever be shitty now? It's like back to Classic WoW, where PvE items were the most powerful, and World PvP was decided in a few globals. I didn't mind Classic WoW PvP, but tanks didn't have a place back then, because they delt 0 damage. Now they deal tons of damage, and they have self healing. Gearing was also a lot slower in 40mans, and fewer guilds cleared the hardest raids, so fewer players were wearing top PvE gear. Now it's the opposite.