Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    What are special accommodations?

*drum roll*

Fans?
    Actually sounds like more "yard time" I know from another story of his that guards there prefer not to bring in extra fans if possible but that is because this is maximum security and this prison once had a major riot where the prisoners got out so its considered a possible weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You do realize even with confusion that, once again, a jail is a place you go while awaiting trial or when sentenced to short sentences ?
    What makes you think the "tough on crime" set cares about that?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    People like Orlong will never be able to accept that a penal system meant to rehabilitate and keep inmates adjusted to life on the outside, like in Nordic countries, will always be superior to privatized slave-labor camps meant to punish and engineered to leave the inmates prone to reincarceration because that's cheap labor and almost pure profit. And they've brainwashed people like Orlong into thinking that this is justified because they've completely dehumanized people who break any law and pander to their vanity and inherent sense of moral superiority.
    They are not even inmates : as I tried to say for the last two pages, a ''jail'' is a place where people are incarcerated before their trial (or for short sentences)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    So only America has black people? I didn't even bother to watch it. I could tell from the title it's bullshit.
    If you had watched it, you would have seen cited studies that minorities commit more crimes in the U.S. than whites in comparison to population percentage. The creator of the video, Sargon of Akkad, links this to the breakdown of the "nuclear family" model in the minority community. It's nothing racist as the title and thumbnail depict. I don't see large populations of minorities in European countries committing more crimes compared to population percent than white Europeans....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    If you had watched it, you would have seen cited studies that minorities commit more crimes in the U.S. than whites in comparison to population percentage. The creator of the video, Sargon of Akkad, links this to the breakdown of the "nuclear family" model in the minority community. It's nothing racist as the title and thumbnail depict. I don't see large populations of minorities in European countries committing more crimes compared to population percent than white Europeans....

Wonder if that has to do anything with racism and oppression. Nah.... Couldn't be.

In case you didn't know people rise up against people that are putting them down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    People outside of prison can cool down by jumping into a pool or going to the sea or trough various other means. Prisoners are confined to the prison.
    boohoo?

Theres a reason they are there. No sympathy from me.

Shit, I mean soldiers deploy overseas and wear 80lbs of gear in 124 degree weather, and that's perfectly fine. A prisoner gets hot and we are supposed to care? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Despite a SCOTUS ruling in 1981 that the Constitution does not demand that prisons need to made comfortable, a bunch of thugs are bitching that the lack of AC in prison is a human rights violation and a violation of the 8th amendment regarding cruel and unusual punishment, and as such are suing.

This is asinine. I and many others grew up without air conditioning in our homes and survived just fine. It would cost too much money to install AC in the prisons and in addition, I dont believe they should have AC anyway. Prison isnt supposed to be like a hotel. Youre there to be punished and for the experience to be bad enough that you behave when you get out because you dont want to go back. They give them fans, cold showers, and ice. Thats good enough. Let the thugs sweat!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/us...ning.html?_r=0
    From a prison management standpoint, this is kind of stupid. No AC makes fights way more likely and causes additional staffing needs. This is similar to the issue of them having TV in prison. They have TV in prison because it occupies them. TV is cheaper than hiring more guards; AC is cheaper than hiring more guards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    explain to the class why its mostly the elderly that die in these heat waves we get then.

(there are actually multiple reasons, like unable to move on their own, loss of ability to sense how warm they actually are, ect.)

but no, no medical school here. I don't think I've ever claimed otherwise.
    Burden of proof is on you to prove that children are less susceptible to heat stroke. Proof of otherwise is what happens when you leave a child in a hot car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    They are not even inmates : as I tried to say for the last two pages, a ''jail'' is a place where people are incarcerated before their trial (or for short sentences)
    YOU DARE QUESTION OUR BRAVE DEFENDERS IN BLUE?!?!?!?!

Obviously the USA's unparalleled police forces would never arrest anyone unless they were guilty. It's only because of liberal thug-huggers infiltrating our justice system that we even need to waste time and valuable taxpayer dollars with trials!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I hate to repeat myself, but really, you don't realize that [I]prisons[/I are N-O-T jails ?

No, hardened criminals are not ''in jail''. The typical denizen of a J-A-I-L is someone who is not even guilty (yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Wonder if that has to do anything with racism and oppression. Nah.... Couldn't be.

In case you didn't know people rise up against people that are putting them down eventually.
    The only ones putting them down is themselves. There is no systemic oppression in the U.S. This is just a buzz word for people who don't even live here or near minorities. They don't understand the culture so they blame the easiest target, the majority.

But again, why don't you watch the video for some facts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This exactly.

Also, heat stroke is a thing, and it is very dangerous. It can lead to coma, and death. No matter your views on prison, you at least should be kept safe while you serve your time.
    not exactly this. You liberals have made it that way. You liberals changed its purpose. People can not change barring drastic event like head truma. Prisons are not there to rehab. Its something liberals try, so they can believe nature vs nurture argument, and inherent goodness of menkind ,when argument is over, nature won. And china executes its criminals. We give them life sentence. China executes its thieves and robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Can you provide any citation? I'm not sure I'm ready to believe they are allowing people to roast in 120 degree boxes.
    I grew up in the south and working on heating and air so here is a basic explanation.

Temps in the southeast and mid west U.S. reach 95F+ regularly in the summers the southeast U.S. Compounds this by also being the most humid place in North America (Georgia kills yankee's lol )
    so you have a large steel and concrete box heated up to 100F, with proper ventilation the temp will stay about this temp because the ventilation moves the hot air that rises up out of the building and moves air from outside in, the movement of old hot air out and new cooler air in is what maintains temp.

now if our prison were empty with no ventilation and out outside temp is 100 like above then the inside would be between 100 and 105 still warmer but not a big difference, in the southeast on a humid day this can go as high as 110 because the humidity in the air holds more heat and with no air movement the heat builds up.

Ok anyone who has ever live in the south and walked into a building W/O AC or into an addic in mid summer can attest to all of this. ( trust me attic's suck in the summer when they lack proper ventilation )

Now lets take this same 110F humid no ventilation prison and add oh lets say 500 prisoners with a capacity of 600. ( near of over capacity prisons is common so we use it in our example. )

Humans are endothermic, we produce our own body heat. our body give off excess heat passively to maintain 98.7f (37c) when we get hot we sweat as a way to pull more heat away from our bodies ( look up a video your self on how this works but its basically evaporation )

so we have 500 prisoner in a 110F sweat box with no air movement. they give off body heat and sweat, this collective process from each person raises the air temp by another 5f - 10f OR MORE. and because the air is not moving it just stays getting hotter faster than air can be passively move out of the building through windows doors etc.

our prison in 100F southeast is now a scorching 110f - 120f. If proper ventilation is installed the air stays hot but acceptable ( around 105F ). in this example I was VERY basic but to give you an example of how bad it can get with out proper ventilation. I crawled into an Attic on a 99f day, this attic barly had ridge and eve vents. the temp in that attic was 107f and 80% humidity. After 5 mins I was soaking wet. It's hard to under stand how bad it can be until you experience it.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2016-08-16 at 12:47 AM.
    PC: CPU - i7-4790K, MoBo - MSI Z97 gaming 5, Memory - 16G Corsair vengeance LPX DDR3, GPU - EVGA 970 FTW edition, Storage- 1x Sandisk X400 M.2 512GB, 1X WD blue 1TB HDD, 1x WD green 1TB HDD, PSU - EVGA 550W 80+ bronze.

Welp, welcome to prison people, where you don't get what you want/need because you're a criminal. Why give an AC to criminals? They're criminals, don't let the bad get the good, let the bad have the bad. Makes them act a bit less tough if you give em the bad. Like the first player stated, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    not exactly this. You liberals have made it that way. You liberals changed its purpose. People can not change barring drastic event like head truma. Prisons are not there to rehab. Its something liberals try, so they can believe nature vs nurture argument, and inherent goodness of menkind ,when argument is over, nature won. And china executes its criminals. We give them life sentence. China executes its thieves and robbers.
    That point is irrelevant, since it's not a prison

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Actually you do. Minorities even in European countries commit more crime proportionally. Natives commit more since well there are more of them. Minorities everywhere in the world, since the beginning of the civilization came into existance committed more crimes. It is simply how society functions. Minorities every where do not have the same skillset as the majority, or resources of teh majority, and always poor, thus commit more crimes. They have no stake in the majority run society, so crimes goes up as a result i.e. you are less like burn shit down, if you have shit to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    What does that have to do with inhumane conditions in the prison?
    This. They may be criminals, but that doesn't mean they're any less human. If you look at other countries they actually have nice prisons that are used to rehabilitate and they work because they have a far lower returned crime rate than the US.

edit for Sweden: https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ent-nils-oberg

People in this thread don't understand health or the purpose of prisons. Extreme heat is very bad for the human body, especially when in an environment where they can't escape it. They can't just go for a swim or move around. They can very easily die from heat related injuries. Also prisons aren't revenge and if you think they are, you're a child.

Okay, people that are for law and order, please, go ahead : explain to me what is a ''jail'' versus a ''prison'' ?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    boohoo?

Theres a reason they are there. No sympathy from me.

Shit, I mean soldiers deploy overseas and wear 80lbs of gear in 124 degree weather, and that's perfectly fine. A prisoner gets hot and we are supposed to care? lol
    Someone else somewhere went through hardship. That means prisoners must be chained to beds for their entire sentence.

Prison recidivism is apparently a good thing to a lot of people in this thread who are more interested in personal suffering of the accused/convicted.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.