Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Ya but maybe they wont believe her next time hence the crying wolf idiom.

I guess I see the confusion, this was a theory about what would happen next in the instance the dad decided to take revenge.

Make sense now?
    That's just a bit of an odd hypothetical to offer, to be honest.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of something that happened about 8 or 9 years ago.

Druggie girl from a big family was out her mind and got raped. She accused a guy of doing it, and her family broke into this guys house and destroyed everything, and burnt his car. Guy was arrested and spent a night in cells and up to court next morning. Problem was at the time of the rape, he was in hospital for 2 days before and didn't get out untill 2 days after the rape was supposed to have happened. Girl then admits he didn't do it and she wasn't sure who did. She walks free and people still hate on the guy for no reason.

Few years later, she died to heroin overdose, and the guys words still ring in my head. When he was told about it, all he said was " Justice was served".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What is very sad is if she was fond of a more obscure book that guy would have gone to prison for a very long time. More over she would have probably stuck to the story for the rest of her life, until she likely convinced herself it actually happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yet another example of how flawed the legal system is where rape is concerned. Men need to be protected more - especially since false accusations can easily linger and ruin their lives completely. There's no shortage of crazies out there who believe that even false accusations are true. Anybody who is proven to be have lied about such a grave matter should be punished with considerable jail time as far as I'm concerned.

It's likely to utterly tear the family apart too - and the responsibility for that will be upon the daughter's shoulders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post

If I were him, I'd sooner divorce the wife (if it was the only way I could remove myself from the girl's life) than to ever spend another day in the same house as her. Give the girl up for adoption. Fucking little sociopath.
    Absolutely. Her ass would be out the door permanently, post haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That guy is so lucky he knew what her favourite book was.
    ya, jesus.. maybe its likely that a juror or someone in the courtroom might have caught on, but damn. that could have really sucked. I imagine the family is a little strained now
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Zero .
    I'm not sure that will be the ultimate outcome, unless the laws are very different in the UK. Here, you can be charged for making false reports.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...her-father-ba/

According to the "Listen and Believe" crew, that lawyer is suffering from internalized misogyny, That girl's story is in fact true regardless of her admitting she made it up, and we still need to change the legal system in order to raise the number of people getting convicted of rape and sexual assault......

But only if they are the correct skin color. Otherwise ignore it.
    And this case, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have "innocent until proven guilty" anchored in western judicial trials.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And this case, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have "innocent until proven guilty" anchored in western judicial trials.
    Pretty much. I think she's the one in bad need of getting a lesson in life. A moral, and legal ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Pretty much. I think she's the one in bad need of getting a lesson in life. A moral, and legal ones.
    Definitely, but I fear she doesn't yet realise just how far into her future she ruined the relationship to her father. Moral and legal stuff aside, having a father take care of your business when you foul up in life (which everyone does at some stage, more or less severe) is a great advantage. And she's just thrown it away for what sounds like a teenager prank.

He'd have to be the world champion of dads in human history to forgive her. But, dads being who they are, he just might... if she's lucky.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Definitely, but I fear she doesn't yet realise just how far into her future she ruined the relationship to her father. Moral and legal stuff aside, having a father take care of your business when you foul up in life (which everyone does at some stage, more or less severe) is a great advantage. And she's just thrown it away for what sounds like a teenager prank.

He'd have to be the world champion of dads in human history to forgive her. But, dads being who they are, he just might... if she's lucky.
    From my personal experience, I'd very much like to believe that generalization isn't true for everyone

Far better off never knowing one, than have one like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    From my personal experience, I'd very much like to believe that generalization isn't true for everyone

Far better off never knowing one, than have one like mine.
    Fair enough, but not everyone has a bad dad.

So, there really needs to be like automatic punishments for this kind of stuff. Not even just for the rape, but the waste of state time on a flat out lie.

I hope it was worth it. Contributing to rape accusations being mishandled, a rift in the lives of her family and the destruction of her credibility. All to "get back" at Daddy. For fucks sake this is disgusting.

Fair enough, but not everyone has a bad dad.
    I would sure hope they don't.

So they tortured her during that interrogation leaving her scarred for life.
    This requires action. I must select my hashtags carefully.

"LISTEN AND BELIEVE!"*

*-even if it's total horseshit and will ruin an innocent person's life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I'm not sure that will be the ultimate outcome, unless the laws are very different in the UK. Here, you can be charged for making false reports.
    Women are treated with kid gloves. She won't spend a single second in jail because of this.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    This is why feminist ideas of "rape culture" and "listen and believe" should be seen for the dangerous, evil nonsense that they are

Meanwhile:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-justice-judge

Juries have no place at rape trials – victims deserve unprejudiced justice

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free. New Zealand could be the first country to rid sex crime cases of jurors if one key recommendation from a recently published report by its Law Commission is implemented. The commissioners have suggested that there is a case for having sexual violence trials decided by a judge, either alone or with two expert “lay assessors”.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-08-16 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    This is why feminist ideas of "rape culture" and "listen and believe" should be seen for the dangerous, evil nonsense that they are

Meanwhile:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-justice-judge

Juries have no place at rape trials – victims deserve unprejudiced justice

One potential solution to this worrying state of affairs is to do away with jurors in sex crime trials, and appoint a specially trained judge. I am wholly in favour of our jury system, but even more in favour of ensuring that rapists and other sex offenders do not walk free. New Zealand could be the first country to rid sex crime cases of jurors if one key recommendation from a recently published report by its Law Commission is implemented. The commissioners have suggested that there is a case for having sexual violence trials decided by a judge, either alone or with two expert “lay assessors”.
    That's actually pretty terrifying.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Well her father learned a lesson alright.

Hopefully his moronic daughter is hot enough she can marry someone who can take care of her.

Wish I knew the actual truth of these cases so much could've happened. The father could've raped the daughter but the daughter decided she didn't want to see her dad in jail so she recanted. It could be just like she says. Who to believe? What to believe?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland