Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Right. I forgot Preach was Gospel and his opinion reins supreme.
    Heh. Oh wait. Hes creating targetted content discussing "hot topics" that people want to hear him talk about.
    He's entertaining, Not a source of truth. It is literally his job to discuss contentious topics and get people back to his channel.
    I mostly agree, but keep in mind that a lot of wow players follow him and are influenced by his opinion(even if that opinion is exaggerated to generate more views). And he's gone from saying flight didn't matter that much, to saying the expansion feels lacking without it.

Don't be so quick to dismiss that.

This
    Did you just agree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Did you just agree with me?
    To a degree i think i always have. As long as the feature is developed around and not just thrown in.

Yay no flying at launched and all your complaints wont change Blizzard's mine <3

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post

He actually don't claim that. I've read a lot of SirCow's posts and never has I interpret him in that way. Never. What he have been saying tho is that for some people not being able to obtain flying has been _a part_ of many reasons as of why they didn't enjoy WoD.

I personally have had more of an problem with how they handled flying during WoD than what I did not being able to actually fly. I still have a problem with it tbh. At this point a 'you'll get it around mid expansion' isn't good enough for me. It's vague as hell and it makes me suspicious as fuck to be honest. What represents mid expansion from their point of view... I don't know. You don't know. Do even they know? It's a legitimate question at this point. How silly as it might sound.
    As far as information goes and how it's delivered this feels like a repetition of WoD.
    Good post.

The cracks with their "mid expansion" rallying cry are already showing and Legion has not launched yet! Imagine when players start to try to complete patch finder part one and discover the horror that await them.

I feel sorry for any players willing to wait around, pay money and having Blizzard abuse them in such a way. My condolences to those players that think sticking it out will change Blizzard's ways.

It took a sharp nosedive of the Rogue population post pre patch for them to revert the Shadow Dance bar paging removal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Preach does a lot of informative videos (He picks the hottest topics)...he is no Swifty.
    Their both in the same catorgory, i would even go as far to rank preach worse then swifty when it comes to whoring.
    Right. I forgot Preach was Gospel and his opinion reins supreme.
    Heh. Oh wait. Hes creating targetted content discussing "hot topics" that people want to hear him talk about.
    He's entertaining, Not a source of truth. It is literally his job to discuss contentious topics and get people back to his channel.
    This pretty much sums it all up.

If Legion doesn't do well after launch, we'll probably see flight released soon to help bolster its performance.
    Giving the game flying to get Legion to perform better? now thats something i just do not believe it will have a very minor impact on the expansion if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There's only 7 years between flying being introduced in TBC and the launch of WoD, not 10 years
    There is something wrong with your math since TBC and flying was announced in 2005 at blizzcon and Wod launched in 2015 so it is 10 years.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-08-16 at 06:42 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    There is something wrong with your math since TBC and flying was announced in 2005 at blizzcon and Wod launched in 2015 so it is 10 years.
    TBC released in early 2007 and WoD released in late 2014. You could argue it's closer to 8 years than 7 but there's no way you could stretch those dates to 10 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    You said introduced so then its 2005.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Giving the game flying to get Legion to perform better? now thats something i just do not believe it will have a very minor impact on the expansion if at all.
    Well, take a look at what happened in WoD. Subs were dropping quickly, and then Blizzard reversed their decision for no flying ever again. Even if lack of flight was not a direct cause of dropping subs, adding it back in was still an incentive to keep players subbed, or to get them to re-sub.

It's not a hard concept to grasp. Subs are dropping, give the players something they want.**

But all this is pure speculation. Educated guess on my part. Legion could do just fine and Blizzard could stick to their plan of "midway". We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-16 at 01:40 PM.

You said introduced so then its 2005.
    I meant "introduced to the game" not "introduced as a concept," the post I was replying to was talking about flight being in the game for 10 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Wish there was a middle ground: An Exploration mode where you can fly around the marvellous scenery and Combat mode for Quests or PvP.

Like when you fly across a quest or objective area you could click "accept quest" which would bring you to a specific place and made you grounded until the quest/Objective was completed or abandoned.
    This could be a cool solution. We have to land for questing, anyway. :3

I value the possibility of personal flight to cross distances greatly. It's so much better than flight masters, even if flight masters are sometimes faster. I like to have the option to interrupt my journey and to land at any time.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly? Are you going to assume i dont use the FPs to get there (hint: i do).
    Well it isn't really an assumption when you flat out tell me it but whatever >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Have fun playing other games, while i'm destroying the legion and playing the new expansion!

Seriously, if flight is what is keeping people from playing all new content, then seriously thats a new low. To deliberately "protest" and not buy the game for that reason and miss out on all the new features and stuff is just beyond me.
    Maybe it would be stupid if all the super duper new content and features would be available for a short perid of time. But that is not the case. I have started playing MoP literally the last month of it's lifecycle after patch 5.4 and didn't feel i missed anything. In fact there have been only advantages: leveling was faster, bugs have been flushed out and all the content was there...... plus i paid 5 bucks for the expansion at a local electronic store.

But to be honest: calling someone stupid because you can't or don't want to understand their reasons to do or not do something is pretty much the definition of being stupid. At least pretty ignorant. Everybody plays for their own reasons. And if they don't like the decision to take their favorite movement mode out of the game for some time, and they think they can enjoy the game more when it is in, than it is totally fine.

You don't need to understand it, as it is simply non of your dawn business. It is Blizzard how is missing out on money, and looking at what happend during WoD i hope they have learned their lessons about flight, no content, forced timed gates on everything and long droughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    You don't need to understand it, as it is simply non of your dawn business. It is Blizzard how is missing out on money, and looking at what happend during WoD i hope they have learned their lessons about flight, no content, forced timed gates on everything and long droughts.
    Unfortunately, All evidence we have so far strongly suggests that this will NOT be the case.

Here's the thing.

I have no problem with flying being restricted until max level - I'm perfectly okay with seeing the content from the ground while leveling. What I don't understand is why I'm forced to continue seeing the content I've already seen over and over again once I've done my bit for king and country.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Here's the thing.

I have no problem with flying being restricted until max level - I'm perfectly okay with seeing the content from the ground while leveling. What I don't understand is why I'm forced to continue seeing the content I've already seen over and over again once I've done my bit for king and country.
    Exactly, same here. I just want flying back as it's always been. The carrot for me to level up to max level on the ground and after that win the price to be free to fly around and experience the same world again from a new perspective.
    In WoD I really got an empty feeling when dinging 100... now what? I want to go up there. *looking to the sky*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Here's the thing.

And if we spin the thing further - after being grounded until max level and then COMPLETING all parts of the Pathfinder achievement, thus doing all relevant content grounded - why do we then still have to stay grounded?

This is the part which I just don't get. It does not make sense. Do they expect me to finish Pathfinder I and then just unsub until next content is released? I am not a circular player, why punish me for their behavior?

Like I said, I highly suspect they're waiting to see how well received Legion is without flying. Keep in mind we're coming off another 14 month content drought, so initial reactions are obviously going to be very high. But after a couple months when things start to slow down, and the reality of the level-cap grind without flying REALLY starts to sink in....then we'll see.
    Perhaps. Level cap is something I can almost guarntee most people who are actually playing will hit with one or more toons before they implement it though. Even if they do implement it early I am not so certain they would allow us to use it before level cap anyway. I don't believe the Level Cap is something they are looking at all. Though I do believe you are right in they are waiting to see how it's received, likely post level cap. Specifically zones like suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Perhaps. Level cap is something I can almost guarntee most people who are actually playing will hit with one or more toons before they implement it though. Even if they do implement it early I am not so certain they would allow us to use it before level cap anyway. I don't believe the Level Cap is something they are looking at all. Though I do believe you are right in they are waiting to see how it's received, likely post level cap. Specifically zones like suramar.
    I didn't mean to imply that they should unlock flight before 110. I simply meant that once people reach cap and start to get into the serious grind-fest that they'll begin to realize just how much they miss having flight. I hate to reference Preach, but the guy has a point in this case. The order hall missions will get tedious after the 2nd or 3rd time, and the rep grind will get irritating as well.

After a couple months of that? Well...like I said, we'll see.

I didn't mean to imply that they should unlock flight before 110. I simply meant that once people reach cap and start to get into the serious grind-fest that they'll begin to realize just how much they miss having flight. I hate to reference Preach, but the guy has a point in this case. The order hall missions will get tedious after the 2nd or 3rd time, and the rep grind will get irritating as well.

After a couple months of that? Well...like I said, we'll see.
    Oh, my mistake I gotcha now. Undoubtedly the rep grind will be, utterly obnoxious. Repeating any rep grind has been since vanilla. I feel like Order halls may keep some freshness to them simply because you aren't likely to play the same class a few times in a row. I think world quests are good, but I also feel like after a while they will get frustrating, if not out of the gate. I appreciate different content, A LOT. I would rather have it than not and the large number of cycling world quests means there won't be many repeats. That is good. That also means a lot of riding along a ridge till you find the correct area where the quest is only to realize it's along the other side where the path up is. During leveling the quests have a certain cadence and lead you almost by the hand from area to area, making traversing zones not so bad. World quests won't have that. That is generally good, but occasionally will be frustrating when trying to remember where the damn path is to make it up this here mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    if rep grinds are tedious for you, then flying doesnt change that, it just a convenient acess to take it less effort. The content gonna stay unfun for you still

thats totally a dumb argument

also that lead backs too if the sky way would be cluttered with mobs that dismounts you like the sky many people would still complain. Better wish for a teleport button
    It's not a dumb argument. It takes some of the sting away. It makes it LESS annoying. That is something. Maybe not a lot, but something. That being said I am fine with doing some rep grinding to get flying myself. I cam back to WoD late late, so when I grinded out the flying achievement it felt pretty rewarding. I was happy, if only the mount they gave me didn't have the most atrocious coloring.