Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

DH vengeance is like wtf

Im an 715 ilvl Affliction Warlock.
    I tried to help a friend today, twice actually, repel DH gankers who refused to let him skin monsters close to the Garrison.
    To my big surprise, i got rekt every time i tried to fight these DHs.
    They are over 530k hp with insane amount of dmg output, now you should know Warlocks are not easy to kill in general, but i couldnt do anything. I mean ANYTHING!
    Whatever damage i did, was healed back almost instantly, kiting wasnt even an option as they chased me wherever i went with their high mobility.
    I know my class by hand, and never i had to face such unbalanced odds before.
    Im not even getting into the PvE aspect, 1 topic to moan about at a time.

Someone enlighten me. I know they were stat buffed to compensate the lack of talents, but this is something entirely else. This is just a spit in the face >.>

P.s-
    Found the guy's Armory, and he uses a crazy 715 heirloom trinket. Im sure it has something to do with what ive been telling.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simple#talents
    Last edited by Kjarl Grimblood; 2016-08-16 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    was it a 2v1? in that case im not surprised

Deleted
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, I would assume. Ret Pallies are considered to be very underpowered right now, and I slice through any DH spec with relative ease. Just because he beat you, doesn't make it unbalanced. I guess it's just a counter against your class. He probably dies a lot against other classes.

But I guess I can see where your complaining is coming from. As an Affliction Warlock, you probably aren't used to losing.

Cool

You should re-evaluate how you play your lock. But yes dhs are agility buffed (I think) to keep on par with the current classes because they do not have all of their talents yet.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-08-16 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are just bad.
    I guess thats a DH here, right?
    You cant say anything against the fact, that DHs are just too strong. Its like everyone is playing one.

They don't even have their talents, you're at a massive advantage. Just figure out how to play around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Im an 715 ilvl Affliction Warlock.
    I tried to help a friend today, twice actually, repel DH gankers who refused to let him skin monsters close to the Garrison.
    To my big surprise, i got rekt every time i tried to fight these DHs.
    They are over 530k hp with insane amount of dmg output, now you should know Warlocks are not easy to kill in general, but i couldnt do anything. I mean ANYTHING!
    Whatever damage i did, was healed back almost instantly, kiting wasnt even an option as they chased me wherever i went with their high mobility.
    I know my class by hand, and never i had to face such unbalanced odds before.
    Im not even getting into the PvE aspect, 1 topic to moan about at a time.

Someone enlighten me. I know they were stat buffed to compensate the lack of talents, but this is something entirely else. This is just a spit in the face >.>
    It's true i got attacked by a hunter after an invasion, had 50% health still managed to chase him down and kill him. The stats will even out at 110, the stat scaling gives a high AP which gives us bigger heals from soul cleave. I wouldn't complain about balance issues till we hit 110,

Quote Originally Posted by Liutasil View Post
    You cant say anything against the fact, that DHs are just too strong. Its like everyone is playing one.
    exept Dh are geting literaly raped in pvp atm so seems more like l2p issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liutasil View Post
    If you have trouble beating a Demon Hunter, RIGHT NOW, at level 100, when they're missing 5 of their talents, you are just bad. They are extremely weak right now. That's the only fact here.

Deleted
    use your DoT spells.

you have to do damaging moves, it makes hp go down.

Sadly, it seems like you don't know how to handle them, not that they're too powerful. We have literally none of our Talents, we're not that strong either at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    You are just bad.
    That's a very useful comment right there. Very informative, and adding alot to this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Sadly, it seems like you don't know how to handle them, not that they're too powerful. We have literally none of our Talents, we're not that strong either at the moment.
    The thing is, i don't have any problems against Havoc DHs. I guess i didn't stress that enough.
    Im talking about their Tanking Spec.
    Im an old Warlock player, i know my class very well. Affliction is pretty straight forward as well.
    I manage to beat nearly every class in duels.
    So, l2p comments kinda sounds funny to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair Demon Hunters are vulnerable to Roots and Snares but sadly for this chap here something warlocks lack.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, i don't have any problems against Havoc DHs. I guess i didn't stress that enough.
    Im an old Warlock player, i know my class very well. Affliction is pretty straight forward as well.
    Like a Death Knight in order to stop us from healing you need to Stun or Root/Snare so we can not hit you with soul cleave. If your class doesn't have the ability to do so you won't kill a vengeance DH. I think right now V DH are just like blood if you cant out damage their healing somehow you won't win.

Im not sure you're aware, but your template stats are way higher then what they should be in order to compensate for your lack of talents. Your point is invalid.

Deleted
    Vengeance doesn't really lose one on one to much, similarly to blood DK.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think this is what people are overlooking. I'd say I've gotten pretty good with DH after playing on beta and such, but I rarely beat my good Warlock friend in a duel as Havoc.

However, I spec'd into Vengeance for the lol and dueled my friend and pretty much reckt him. That's after playing the spec for 2 minutes it took me to sort out my action bars and read the abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

No-one (really) is saying you need to learn to play, we're saying you need to learn to play against Vengeance Demon Hunters. You may know your class inside out, but you don't know Vegeance DH it seems. Level one up, play with them for a bit and find their weaknesses.

They're new, you're not meant to understand them fully at this time. Also, you're not exactly meant to be able to fuck over everyone. If Vengeance is your counter, so be it. You said yourself you beat most classes, so sadly you might have to deal with the fact that this is one of those cases where by default you can't, unless you really play on their weaknesses.

Outside of meta you should do fine against them. As affli at least.
    Once they pop meta though, you either run away if you're abale or you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an old saying that dates back to the early days of gaming:

git gud.