Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Listen and believe isn't aimed at judges and juries, but rather the people around the victim who needs support. People not believing the victim is a common reason they don't come forward.

This is a strawman argument.
    It's aimed at everyone. You're trying to reshape it into something it is not.

Most family and friends are already sympathetic from the get-go; especially within this day and age. It's the judicial system, juries, and following media that scrutinize and analyze the case and therefore it would only be an applicable thought for them. Of course, an ill-conceived one to support the idea that women are inherently victims and should be given greater care.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-16 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    People post about Muslim rape events mainly because watching Social Justice Warrior hypocrisy is better than television. @Themius, you need to read this post here, it explains my reasoning much better. It's not some foolish tribalism, its merely the amusement of watching people who normally "Believe the Victim," turn in on themselves and struggle to explain things that go off narrative.
    Its weird how perception works because, personally, I find that its when rape occurs at a frat party that certain posters are quick to frame it in as innocent a light as possible and denoune the victim as a liar; but as soon as the perpetrator is a migrant or muslim its immediately "Well theres no possible reason to doubt her story"

I'm not saying the SJW squirming doesn't also happen; don't get me wrong. Just in the particular type of case you were using as an example, the rape culture warrior, I'd say is one of the cases where the hypocrisy is on the other boot, as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So how much jail time is she going to do?
    Yes, it's very important we scare women away from reporting rapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    But not discouraging them from ruining innocent men's lives isn't important? I really fucking hate these double-standards.

ah yes we cant possibly punish someone who committed perjury because it might scare off some victim somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    But not discouraging them from ruining innocent men's lives isn't important? I really fucking hate these double-standards.
    Tough fucking shit in all honesty. False claims are rare and it's even rarer that they go to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It for sure happens, I've even seen anti-feminists who use Feminist rhetoric towards migrant men, but i like to believe they are in the minority here.
    Yeah I drift through this forum in my own bubble of prejudice and bias; took me a long time to realise the extent of it; and the result is mostly that I'm just full of doubt now It just pierced said bubble to see someone using an example so in contrast to what I had personally perceived.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Its weird how perception works because, personally, I find that its when rape occurs at a frat party that certain posters are quick to frame it in as innocent a light as possible and denoune the victim as a liar; but as soon as the perpetrator is a migrant or muslim its immediately "Well theres no possible reason to doubt her story"

I'm not saying the SJW squirming doesn't also happen; don't get me wrong. Just in the particular type of case you were using as an example, the rape culture warrior, I'd say is one of the cases where the hypocrisy is on the other boot, as it were.
    Sexual emergency.
    Overwhelmed by Western women dressing freely.
    Culture shock.
    PTSD.

If it's ugly on one side, it's ugly on all sides. That's actual equality.

Tough fucking shit in all honesty. False claims are rare and it's even rarer that they go to court.
    They seem common enough to get plastered on the news near constantly and that's only what we hear about. Mind you, after said media practically masturbated themselves raw over how juicy the story was at its conception and helped to lead the entire American public on a goddamn lynching.

And if they're so uncommon, then wouldn't that argue that women who are truly raped have little to fear by coming forward? The issue isn't punishing cases that don't bear fruit but rather punishing those who have clearly deployed a false story and use government resources to destroy or defame their target.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-16 at 03:01 PM.

And rape is probably a rare crime in all honesty. And less makes it to court. So....

Tough shit?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Well we have history here were now its hard to believe every accusation leveled. After Duke Lecrosse and the UVA Jackie story and Mattress Girl, its become somewhat difficult to believe every story leveled against the "evil frat guys!" Especially since in all three cases it was absolutely bunk, but the media ran with it. However when a Migrant does it, IF it can even get mainstream press it is only if the story goes from a story about some bizarre sexual assault to "Why is the media silent?" as was the case with New Years Eve in Germany. Or as I said in another post....

I would also say, people post on web forums a lot about instances were Muslims are doing bad things like rape mainly because the media has revealed it generally doesn't talk about is such as the New Years Eve incident were it only covered it days later after it became impossible for them to ignore without looking foolish.

The main drive IMHO to post about them is precisely because it pits "Rape Culture Warriors," against their own ideology. Suddenly the inconsistency of their proud stance in defense of women is revealed to be an garbled mess of faux-outrage and apologia depending on whose committing it. It is just amusing to watch the same people who will eagerly believe a frat party gang raped a girl as an initiation rite, or some lacrosse players gang raped a black woman while should racist slurs, will suddenly become ardent skeptics and wait for the evidence when the skin color of the accused becomes a few shades darker.

People post about Muslim rape events mainly because watching Social Justice Warrior hypocrisy is better than television.

Mattress Girl had and still has congressional and institutional endorsement, UVA was defended by the media until it was impossible to defend, and the Duke case took ages for anyone to even admit wrong doing and most in the media whom BLINDLY listened and believed kept their jobs, including the professors who immediately called for the accused guilty. These same types will look the other way when the accused is a few shades darker than your average frat guy. It is just curious to watch that happen, it makes for a great source of amusement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

If it can be proven they made up the claim they SHOULD have the book thrown at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    If it can be proven they made up the claim they SHOULD have the book thrown at them.
    Exactly. I can't just make up some slanderous story about an individual or entity without some kind of basis for it. I can be sued into oblivion for that.

So why is it someone can use the court system to defame and destroy another via blatantly false accusations with no penalties? Again there is a huge difference between someone lacking enough evidence and someone straight up fabricating shit.

Now if the media and American public would stop feeding into this nonsense and actually allow the judicial system to work, that would not be a requirement... but sadly it appears there is a need to protect the accused.

It's perjury. It really doesn't matter how rare it is, or even what the subject is. Intentional perjury like this isn't legal and should be punished, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    I agree with this on the face of it. I jsut considered that the threat of prison could then be used by abusive parents. "Don't tell the police or they'll think you're a liar and you'll go to jail" kinda thing. I don't know that a prison sentence would serve any purpose in this particular example.

In cases involving adults, it seems much clearer that peopel who LIE about it and are proven beyond reasonable doubt to have done so should face punishment.

However its very important to distinguish that finding an alleged rapist "not guilty" is very far from finding the statements from the prosecution as deliberately false. There must be a grey area in which there is not enough evidence to ruin the one persons life against not enough evidence to prosecute the accuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Mattress Girl had and still has congressional and institutional endorsement
    She also recently won an award for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    She also recently won an award for it.
    ...and there is nothing to be earned from playing the professional victim. In a society obsessed with "get rich/famous quick" schemes no less.

I agree with this on the face of it. I jsut considered that the threat of prison could then be used by abusive parents. "Don't tell the police or they'll think you're a liar and you'll go to jail" kinda thing. I don't know that a prison sentence would serve any purpose in this particular example.

In cases involving adults, it seems much clearer that peopel who LIE about it and are proven beyond reasonable doubt to have done so should face punishment.

However its very important to distinguish that finding an alleged rapist "not guilty" is very far from finding the statements from the prosecution as deliberately false. There must be a grey area in which there is not enough evidence to ruin the one persons life against not enough evidence to prosecute the accuser.
    Meanwhile, the method to threaten people with a rape accusation will remain punishment free because that's fine to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    They seem common enough to get plastered on the news near constantly and that's only what we hear about. Mind you, after said media practically masturbated themselves raw over how juicy the story was at its conception and helped to lead the entire American public on a goddamn lynching.

And if they're so uncommon, then wouldn't that argue that women who are truly raped have little to fear by coming forward? The issue isn't punishing cases that don't bear fruit but rather punishing those who have clearly deployed a false story and use government resources to destroy or defame their target.
    The news can be used to construct a narrative. If certain news sources go rooting around for false rape accusations, then it's very easy for them to paint a picture of them being more common than they are. And this forum has a lot of posters who use those types of news sources. They're not common in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Meanwhile, the method to threaten people with a rape accusation will remain punishment free because that's fine to do.
    Um, I'm not sure you read my post, or maybe I wasn't clear.