Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    lmfao.
    bro, im done with you. seriously, the level of your ignorance is 1000%. i can't relate to anything you say, even if at start i could make sense - not anymore.
    If you can't relate, then its because you're unable to comprehend the state of the game. Its okay, you're QQing is what is ignorant, and you not understanding how this game works anymore is only your fault.

PEBKAC

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    I hope you understand im talking about open world PvP and not BGs.
    Take a good look at the guy's armory, and pay a good attention at his 715 trinket.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simple#talents
    I thought Trinkets were disabled in all PVP combat

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Affliction doesn't have much in the way of stopping power against a Vengeance DH - DoT's aren't very effective against their frequent self-heals, and their defensive CD's strongly counter the rest of it. In this case I'm more apt to say it's Rock vs. Scissors, another class or spec's kit would probably invert the scenario in a similar fashion.
    VDK's have little in the way of gap closing, and require melee contact to generate souls and pain to heal. They have no slows, and no stuns, are easily kited, and Affliction has plenty of ways to create distance. The OP got rekt in some W-PVP and is mad, even though PvP in general reduces incoming heals (specifically self healing from tank specs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I thought Trinkets were disabled in all PVP combat
    Only instanced PVP combat, the 715 Heirloom will still proc its cleansing fire in world Pvp, but healing is reduced all the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwind View Post
    VDK's have little in the way of gap closing, and require melee contact to generate souls and pain to heal. They have no slows, and no stuns, are easily kited, and Affliction has plenty of ways to create distance. The OP got rekt in some W-PVP and is mad, even though PvP in general reduces incoming heals (from tank specs).
    Gap closing? They can leap several yards right into melee range. Counter fear and build Pain, Immolate and keep in range. For a clothy with low HP it's not going to be a long fight, and the basic stat boost makes all their attacks that much more painful PvP-wise.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by brandonsurge View Post
    PEBKAC

/10char
    Quoted for Truth

- - - Updated - - -

Gap closing? They can leap several yards right into melee range. Counter fear and build Pain, Immolate and keep in range. For a clothy with low HP it's not going to be a long fight, and the basic stat boost makes all their attacks that much more painful PvP-wise.
    Sorry, but Affliction locks can withstand the small amount of burst from a VDH, especially if they run Demon Skin and Dark Pact, it makes them Nigh on invulnerable.Especially since the return of Siphon life and Drain life being the main filler. VDH fear is not even remotely close to WL,
    as 1, its on a Cd,
    2,must be placed on the ground, same as the silence.
    3,Lasts a fraction of the time.
    The leap itself is on a CD and they have to talant into a movement increase (30% for 6 seconds) and to slow they need to talant into the Demon Spike talant (which costs both pain to keep the Spikes up and melee range to hit the person with whites) both of these are on the same tier.
    Last edited by Timberwind; 2016-08-16 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quoted for Truth

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but Affliction locks can withstand the small amount of burst from a VDK, especially if they run Demon Skin and Dark Pact, it makes them Nigh on invulnerable. Especially since the return of Siphon life and Drain life being the main filler. VDH fear is not even remotely close to WL,
    as 1, its on a Cd,
    2,must be placed on the ground, same as the silence.
    Lasts a fraction of the time.
    Yeah, any warlock arguing that they cant stay alive versus anyone, is either full of shit or needs to l2p. Warlock damage reduction and self sustainment is currently out of control until 110.

In general, any tank with self-healing/sustain will win out against any dps one on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sorry, but Affliction locks can withstand the small amount of burst from a VDK, especially if they run Demon Skin and Dark Pact, it makes them Nigh on invulnerable. Especially since the return of Siphon life and Drain life being the main filler. VDH fear is not even remotely close to WL, as 1, its on a Cd, must be placed on the ground, same as the silence.
    Wouldn't say it was a "small" amount of burst - but if a Warlock talents for Defense they definitely stand a better chance. But like most casters they're weak against classes that can stick to them pretty well, and DH's qualify pretty strongly there. Two charges of an instant closer on a small CD along with strong melee with self-heal. Add Meta to that and you're going to be hurt badly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Read "infernal Strike" as a gap closer. but after that, Vengeance just runs at you... slowly.
    We have a row dedicated to gap closing at level 102.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    Because your playing against bad DHs. Their damage output in pvp vs melees is pretty fucking insane.

Every ret i've run into so far i destroy so retardedly quickly, the fights consist of them going from being stunned to bubble or die, then bubble ends they get stunned again and they either trinket or die.
    I always feel like i'm Jousting other Melee classes, trying to keep space and jam the only button that makes sense (fel rush) I've lost to a couple warriors and some really experianced rets as far as melee goes. but anything that can root us... ugh....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    We have a row dedicated to gap closing at level 102.
    Can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't say it was a "small" amount of burst - but if a Warlock talents for Defense they definitely stand a better chance. But like most casters they're weak against classes that can stick to them pretty well, and DH's qualify pretty strongly there. Two charges of an instant closer on a small CD along with strong melee with self-heal. Add Meta to that and you're going to be hurt badly.
    Meta just increases max health and gives some pain generation as a VDH, The infernal strike CD is long enough to exploit, especially as a ranged, don't forget about succubus and other tools that WL's have that can create distance, or that rediculous asshole Doomgaurd that can cripple for an agonizing 8 seconds. Havoc can close the distance and deal damage but is too frail, Vengeance isn't frail but can never close the distance.

A haha get rekt.

Deleted
    1 vs 2 tanks... what did you expect?

Like seriously, what?

Affliction doesn't have much in the way of stopping power against a Vengeance DH - DoT's aren't very effective against their frequent self-heals, and their defensive CD's strongly counter the rest of it. In this case I'm more apt to say it's Rock vs. Scissors, another class or spec's kit would probably invert the scenario in a similar fashion.
    Thanks Aucald.
    It's ok, i got the answer i was looking for. You and few others confirmed my statement and i'm glad this is something people aware of.
    I tend to ignore everything else as these are DH players, and wont even care to listen to reason. They justs dont want their class to be nerfed.
    I destroy most classes in BGs and outside with my Affliction. I have a Fire Mage friend who's 15 ilvls higher then me and can get me down to 70% hp.
    I know what op is. And this is clearly an OP case.
    Nerfs are coming for all of us, so kids, enjoy while it last. Same goes for my spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Yeah, any warlock arguing that they cant stay alive versus anyone, is either full of shit or needs to l2p. Warlock damage reduction and self sustainment is currently out of control until 110.
    It's not out of control. Locks have nothing else besides their durability. This design sucks. because it's either too durable to too fragile just absorbs and no other tricks up their sleeve. @110 they (and every other caster) gets wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    1 vs 2 tanks... what did you expect?

Like seriously, what?
    What 2 tanks?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    It's not out of control. Locks have nothing else besides their durability. This design sucks. because it's either too durable to too fragile just absorbs and no other tricks up their sleeve. @110 they (and every other caster) gets wrecked.
    Thanks Killyox. Here's another person who actually make sense in all of this.

Deleted
    It's immune to my lifedrain spam... hulp hulp! ehmigerd hulp!

Deleted
    Your just ignoring what everyone is saying, slows, roots cripples etc wreck vengeance DH now. The fact you state you destroy most classes yet you are complaining that one kills you is hilarious.

You don't want balance at all you simply want to be unstoppable.

As others have said git gud scrub.

Vengeance is squishy as hell, even more than their dps spec. Dunno what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Your just ignoring what everyone is saying, slows, roots cripples etc wreck vengeance DH now. The fact you state you destroy most classes yet you are complaining that one kills you is hilarious.

You don't want balance at all you simply want to be unstoppable.

As others have said git gud scrub.
    A typical DH player reply.
    Get back to school, better yet, learn proper reading.
    I've states that the nerf hammer will drop on both classes. You muppet