Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Really, if anything, they should have fixed this with AFK exp blockade; you are AFK you get no XP. You are in the wrong areas during each stage, you get less XP. Problem solved.

Still, I've leveled a huge deal using invasions, so I'm happy and won't complain.
    What do people flying afk have to do with you? How to they effect your experience? Oh? They don't? You just hate seeing lazy people? Well good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    If you only levled 1 char you just had to do 2 invasions every 4hours for the extra exp then spam dungeons inbetween as usual, now you need to do 6 invasions just to get as much exp as before, so not even worth it.
    Yep. It was a nice way of supplementing low level levelling but now you're pretty much only doing invasions to try and get the same xp reward.

Fun detected, fun nerfed. Typical day at blizzard HQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    What do people flying afk have to do with you? How to they effect your experience? Oh? They don't? You just hate seeing lazy people? Well good for you.
    I'm not bothered with anyone. I wrote "if anything" - if any action had to be taken. No need to be antsy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I love the rage. You have had plenty of time to level
    alts in an expansion with the least amount of patches
    to date, but feel the need to bust ass the last 3 weeks
    to level an alt by afk'ing in the sky.

Can you blame us with their system?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I'm not bothered with anyone. I wrote "if anything" - if any action had to be taken. No need to be antsy.
    Not antsy. You pointed out you have an issue with people at events and not participating, but now you are backpedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Yeah it was super fun being completely AFK all that time.

If youre not levelling 3+ charachtors at the same time, this new way will actually net more xp in a faster time. So it involves flying between 1 extra gryphon point. Not exactly a game breaker.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The ones not fighting are not getting counted in the scaling. The mobs will NOT scale (In Hp) unless they get tagged. The ones afking are entering the zone and standing there doing nothing.
    And the ones that are AFK'ing are still getting their reward. The ones on the field takes dmg according to their level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Yeah, no. People use this phrase for anything bullshit now a days.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not antsy. You pointed out you have an issue with people at events and not participating, but now you are backpedaling.
    Oh, I don't remember writing this in my original post, but well, I guess it's open to interpretation.

Deleted
    And now there are more than double the invasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah it was super fun being completely AFK all that time.

If youre not levelling 3+ charachtors at the same time, this new way will actually net more xp in a faster time. So it involves flying between 1 extra gryphon point. Not exactly a game breaker.
    Actually even levelling one character it is a huge nerf. Unless of course you were spending 3 hours doing nothing before, then its a buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i have a problem for having people rewarded for doing nothing
    It's a temporary event and people already get a level 100 boost with the expansion. If you participate in the invasion event, you get more nethershards. If you want to blame anyone, blame blizzard. The xp was wonderful and it let me start boosting a character I hadn't touched since WotLK. But my gear is bad and dying constantly too all the damage flying around in invasions ISN'T fun. And it's worse on pvp servers. And if I hit a boss it scales to include me. So it's better for everyone involved if I don't participate. But now even less people will show for invasions. Hell, it might get to the point that you can't even finish them if they aren't rewarding enough. Is that what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Drobu View Post
    I love the rage. You have had plenty of time to level
    alts in an expansion with the least amount of patches
    to date, but feel the need to bust ass the last 3 weeks
    to level an alt by afk'ing in the sky.
    yea honestly i have 25 max lvl alts by now, 15 i leveld out of pure boredom the past 13 months of no conent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You are not factoring in how long they now take and travel time. For people without flying or 280% flying this is NOT a gain at all. It will take some people the full 2hours to just do the 3 that is up do to both invasion complete time and travel time.

And for those with the flying ya its a 15% increased amount.....If you do 6 in 4 hours. I can make more XP spamming dungeons from 90 to 100 then you can doing 6 invasions.

The point was this was new and a better way to level and it was temp leveling. Now its worse then questing/dungeon spamming. Also from 90-100 its much faster to do all bonus's and treasure's then invasions.
    Yes I am factoring travel time lmao... You get that amount of xp per hour if you can't make the time that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    I'm not sure 3 times as much work qualifies for ' a little '. Not to mention it's not really an efficient way of leveling now, especially for the lower levels where the travel time makes this very inefficient.
    too each his own, 3 times very minimal effort is still very minimal

Just showing my findings here not sure why people are going to nit pick it like its not correct lol. On one character you get more xp per hour now than before if this was all you were doing. This is still the least amount of effort way to level. Sure maybe you can do quest/dungeons/treasures in draenor and level faster, but do all of those things allow you to go to 6 set zones and just afk? No.

Sorry your super ridiculous method of leveling that allowed me to completely skip expansions of content got "nerfed".
    Last edited by Hadard; 2016-08-16 at 07:46 PM.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And the ones that are AFK'ing are still getting their reward. The ones on the field takes dmg according to their level.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, no. People use this phrase for anything bullshit now a days.

And the people fighting are getting 2-3x the amount of nethershards.

Deleted
    You think you do want more xp from invasions but you don't.

They upscale the mob and do nothing. Making the event take 3-4 times longer than what they would have done if people wherent afk leeching. I am doing it myself. But yes. it does affect others.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They upscale the mob and do nothing. Making the event take 3-4 times longer than what they would have done if people wherent afk leeching. I am doing it myself. But yes. it does affect others.
    No they don't they only upscale it if they attack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    too each his own, 3 times very minimal effort is still very minimal

Just showing my findings here not sure why people are going to nit pick it like its not correct lol. On one character you get more xp per hour now than before if this was all you were doing. Sorry your super ridiculous method of leveling that allowed me to completely skip expansions of content got "nerfed".
    oh no, we got an alternative leveling method for 3 weeks, how horrible, it better be nerfed so everyone can go back to dungeons or 10y old quests and ignore the invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No they don't, they only scale if they get tagged and the majority just zone in and afk.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD