I never said that people were wrong for liking Re:Zero, just said I didn't understand how so many people like it. I think that's a valid point to bring up considering some of the shows that get shit on by people here that are arguably better-written and -produced than R:Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did niechus' post go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I never said that people were wrong for liking Re:Zero, just said I didn't understand how so many people like it. I think that's a valid point to bring up considering some of the shows that get shit on by people here that are arguably better-written and -produced than R:Z.
    I enjoyed it at the start because emilia was great, the middle for how much subaru would fuck shit up, and now I just want to see where it's going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think that I won't be able to commit to raiding in Legion. After 8 years of raiding, I don't have that spark of enjoyment anymore. Maybe it's because I'm doing HFC, and I really don't like HFC. It might come in Legion, but I'm not excited while raiding, more just waiting for it to be over.

I'm still extremely excited for Legion and seeing the new raids, just not raiding in general. I don't know if I could raid in any game anymore. 8 years of it in multiple games kinda killed it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I don't think shows have to be perfectly written to be well liked. Many shows don't have the strongest story, but they're very popular, even here. Think NGNL. Very popular, shit story. Most everyone enjoys it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'm starting to think that I won't be able to commit to raiding in Legion. After 8 years of raiding, I don't have that spark of enjoyment anymore. Maybe it's because I'm doing HFC, and I really don't like HFC. It might come in Legion, but I'm not excited while raiding, more just waiting for it to be over.

I'm still extremely excited for Legion and seeing the new raids, just not raiding in general. I don't know if I could raid in any game anymore. 8 years of it in multiple games kinda killed it for me.
    Hasn't wow been on the same raid for over a year? no shit you're gonna get burnt out/bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    But if you don't like what I like and dislike what I dislike, you are wrong.
    Damn not liking what you like and disliking what you dislike makes us wrong...that's a tough one to pull off. Hating everything?:P
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Hasn't wow been on the same raid for over a year? no shit you're gonna get burnt out/bored.
    I didn't raid the newest tier. The first week I got on, did the first night, did four bosses, and didn't log into WoW again for over a year. Started doing LFR a month ago, and that was kinda meh. Doing it in Heroic for the first time since over a year ago, and it was also kinda meh.

Zaths roommate here. After hours of peer pressure I decided to stop in and see what it's all about. I excel at shitposting and look forward to triggering Shadow.

Here's my MAL.

Feel free to come to me for dirt on Zath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthilan View Post
    Zaths roommate here. After hours of peer pressure I decided to stop in and see what it's all about. I excel at shitposting and look forward to triggering Shadow.

Here's my MAL.

Feel free to come to me for dirt on Zath.
    Have you ever walked in on zath masturbating to his waifu?

Have you ever walked in on zath masturbating to his waifu?
    Lets just say I after living with him for over a year now, I always knock.

I didn't raid the newest tier. The first week I got on, did the first night, did four bosses, and didn't log into WoW again for over a year. Started doing LFR a month ago, and that was kinda meh. Doing it in Heroic for the first time since over a year ago, and it was also kinda meh.
    I feel like it's kind of hard to enjoy the raid when you're being carried through it, not to sound condescending. I think most of the enjoyment I get out of raiding comes from the actual progression. Though I will admit HFC just seems like an awful raid.
    Last edited by Luthilan; 2016-08-17 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just say I after living with him for over a year now, I always knock.
    >always knock

as in knock down the door with your fists, smashing it open.

Shadow pls ban this person.

I don't think shows have to be perfectly written to be well liked. Many shows don't have the strongest story, but they're very popular, even here. Think NGNL. Very popular, shit story. Most everyone enjoys it.
    Does NGNL have a "shit" story? I watched the show again this month, and I really enjoyed the story. Sure, it wasn't the pinnacle of story telling, but I was rather impressed at how the various challenges and resolutions carried out. When I think of shit stories, I think of anime such as OreImo, Punch Line, or Robotics;Notes - three titles that I can think of off the top of my head that were rubbish in the story department (not that I'm claiming that they're well-liked...). Despite not personally watching it, SAO sounds like it fits the "shit story, but is very popular" criteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit zath quit multi-accounting
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    They're different people, I can vouch for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Does NGNL have a "shit" story? I watched the show again this month, and I really enjoyed the story. Sure, it wasn't the pinnacle of story telling, but I was rather impressed at how the various challenges and resolutions carried out. When I think of shit stories, I think of anime such as OreImo, Punch Line, or Robotics;Notes - three titles that I can think of off the top of my head that were rubbish in the story department (not that I'm claiming that they're well-liked...). Despite not personally watching it, SAO sounds like it fits the "shit story, but is very popular" criteria.
    I was trying to not use SAO because it's fairly loathed around here. NGNL is well liked (it's on the first post), and the story may not be shit, but it's not altogether strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Pls don't tell anyone.

They're different people, I can vouch for that.
    I could have a multi-personality disorder.

15+ Year Old Account
    NGNL was the Re:Zero of a different season
    Except Re:Zero is actually decent

I can agree with this. The issue behind NGNL isn't its story. I think the main issue behind it, coming only from the anime, is how it ended. I usually have a big problem when anime end in the "go read the source material" fashion. I understand the reason behind it but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth most of the time.

Another complaint I see with NGNL is it's an anime that strokes itself in a "Death Note" fashion where it tries to be very intellectual but ends up ultimately being convoluted. Personally I don't agree with this but I see where they're coming from.

I can agree with this. The issue behind NGNL isn't its story. I think the main issue behind it, coming only from the anime, is how it ended. I usually have a big problem when anime end in the "go read the source material" fashion. I understand the reason behind it but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth most of the time.

Another complaint I see with NGNL is it's an anime that strokes itself in a "Death Note" fashion where it tries to be very intellectual but ends up ultimately being convoluted. Personally I don't agree with this but I see where they're coming from.
    I just thought NGNL was vulgar and that it counteracted the positive aspects in an almost perfect balance.

A totally valid criticism. It definitely pisses me off, but I can't say that it really detracted from my enjoyment from the series - it only left me wanting more.

Care to elaborate? I've never heard of this criticism before.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I just thought NGNL was vulgar and that it counteracted the positive aspects in an almost perfect balance.
    Yeah, I didn't expect you to enjoy the show, lol. I ultimately disagree with you, but I very much enjoy ecchi things, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    NGNL, SAO, Danmachi, Re:Zero - all of that 'garbage' is made for me. While Epuration enjoys his lolis (and soon-to-be prison time), I rewatch those animes like crazy! Just finished rewatching Danmachi, with Konosuba before that. To be fair, I did try to watch SSY but CR has encoded it shittily for the consoles - ended up lagging entire first episode. Will give it another try tomorrow.

Care to elaborate? I've never heard of this criticism before.
    Yeah, I don't agree with it but I've seen it around before. Basically people think that the author tries too hard to make the character seem intelligent by making them solve issues that realistically they had no real chance of solving. Since the author knew what was going to happen he solved it and then came up with reasons why it was solvable. It's more aparant in death note then it is in NGNL but specifically the fight with Jibril is when people complained.

Again I don't really agree with it but it's just something that comes to mind when people talk about the cons of NGNL.
    Last edited by Luthilan; 2016-08-17 at 05:58 AM.