Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Mods are you even paying attention?
    Its best to use the report button or when its really obvious sometimes whispering a mod can help....but make sure the mod doesnt mind that.

She is pretending to be honorable, so she can kill us all in the next expansion.

Expansion 7: Rise of the Banshee Queen.

Sylvannas kills Bolvar and steals the Lich King power.

WotLK 2.0

Deleted
    Not a bitch? Vol'jin was dying and all she said "death comes to us all", as in "dude, everyone dies" sarcasm. Especially when her character is built around escaping the final death.

Heck, she even ignore the Legion and the Pillars in the Broken Island and make deals with Helya for her own purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    She went from refusing to call a troll "warchief" at the end of SOO to shouting "Warchief!" and going all doe-eyed and riding off to carry him around on her horse.
    Survival schemes. She knows the Forsaken has no place in this world without the Horde behind it. Especially when the creators of the Forsaken are invading Azeroth once again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    PS. Her name is Sylvanas Windrunner, not 'Evil and backstabbing' Sylvanas.
    That's the problem regarding Sylvanas, the headcanon took control of the opinions.

She is and will be the same queen bitch of the undead, doing whatever she can to escape death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    bad writing lol
    Pretty much. Though people expect too much from a setting that no longer takes itself particularly seriously and will completely rewrite characters on a whim to fit whatever it is that the development team think is 'cool' at the time. Sometimes it's simply straight up fan service. I'm sure Sylvanas will be back to her cartoon villainy soon enough - and the other characters will somehow be 'shocked' by that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Renixis View Post
    I don't know why her actions on the Broken Shore are considered out of character or something to be proud of. Sylvanas since the downfall of the Lich King has had one goal, to live as long as possible. Everything she does in ultimately in the name of this goal and what she did on the Broken Shore is no different. If all the horde there that day had died, even if she escaped, then the Burning Legion would probably win in the end. Sylvanas did what she always does, what she thinks is best for her survival.
    About the Broken Shore, I somehow lack the feeling that even if ALL warriors (minus leaders) of both factions died, it would be the end. Maybe it is the lack of scale in the cinematics, but it seems to me that Horde or Alliance are supposed to consist of more than a few dosen soldiers. Or even a few hundred. So, her fleeing and abandoning everyone, Thrall included, would not pose a threat to Horde as a whole, just shift a balance of powers towards undead faction. And she literally could do that with no consequences - could just grab Voljin and gtfo with same outcome.
    That said, undead were always a faction "with a plan". Undead scheming is way more elaborate and long term than all other factions of Horde and Alliance combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    She has plans. She didn't do it from the kindness of her heart. I don't think that she actually cares about the horde. She is just using them. You will see during Stormheim questing that she is still up to no good.
    I'm thinking it's either this (she's planning some kind of bullshit that will be years in the making but will be really big when she finally pulls it), or she's taking a really hard look at that whole thing where her days are numbered as far as the Val'kyr resurrection goes and trying to "straighten up" a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    She's caught whatever Grommash had.

I can't wait for the fight with Kil'jaeden where she shouts "For Azeroth!".

She went from refusing to call a troll "warchief" at the end of SOO to shouting "Warchief!" and going all doe-eyed and riding off to carry him around on her horse.
    I'm hoping you're exaggerating about the doe eyed thing cause no where in that scene was she doe eyed. She was calculating from my point of view, deciding how best to act. Each fallen champion reduce her chance of surviving the Legion. Even the death of Varian bothered her since that's one less capable canon fodder she could toss at the legion. Like I posted earlier, I feel she understand this isn't the time to start shit, she needs the Horde (and Alliance) in a good place if she and her people are to survive what's coming. She isn't about to start shit just for shits and giggles, that was never her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    because horde rules forever and horde is awesome. btw alliance sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    simple

She was dark and chaotic neutral character.

But whiny little princesses (Alliance fanboys) want her dead because she trampled their ego. And because dead was unacceptable because Sylvanas is maybe one from most favorite characters in wow. Blizzard just rewrote her personality. And yet quite good work. Let's hope Blizzard don't fuck up this like always.

We all love old bitch Sylvanas. But because haters she has not future. And only this change can save her.

Is the answer you looking for?
    Two things pop out to me "And yet quite good work" and "let's hope blizzard don't fuck up like always". Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    So which Sylvanas do you like? THe backstabbing bitch kind of sylvanas or the honorable warchief kind?

Cuz people worship sylvanas for the dark and edgy stuff she does, makes me wonder if youre all going to still love her from here on out.
    When was she a backstabbing bitch? The only time I can think of is when Vareesa pulled her sister card and tried to get Sylvanas to assassinate Garrosh, but then Vareesa chickened out & tattled, even though it was her idea in the first place. Vareesa is the one to watch out for.

that was really a quick change of heart on that sylvanas tho, bad writing i guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danthon View Post
    Blizzard is pulling a Reverse-Garrosh

Garrosh wen't from Hotheaded dick to genocidal psychopath with no character development to explain it.

Now Sylvanas is going from morally grey bitch to paragon of virtue and amazing thoughtful leader, similarly lacking in development.
    Blizzard writing in a nutshell . The Trashy Romance Novels I read have better character development in them.

Deleted
    People keep saying over and over that they disliked the thrall green jesus persona, and when they finally find a warchief that is never gonna be a sanctimonious one, because she seems to live in eternal conflict with herself, people disagree too?
    The problem with garrosh was that he also had no conflict, it was the opposite of the green jesus, the dark version of the green jesus, but the current Sylvanas is perfect, living on the edge of good and evil.
    Besides she has a perfect explanation for being like this, because all her evil deeds are a consequence of the savage revenge the lich king took on her, she was a good character originally (she was not evil at least).
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-08-17 at 02:15 PM.

Sylvanas is still a bitch, the difference is, now shes a rational bitch.

Shes a female version of Rick Grimes from TWD, shes seen alot of shit, shes done alot of shit, and she understands alot of shit.

She basically knows shit, better than most could ever -hope- to understand shit.

As a result, shes qualified to lead shit, and with a rational head.

I wouldnt call her a good guy, I think however, shes finally realized that being an ass will only get her killed faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Typical fanboy defense. Ad hominems are not gonna make your case.

- - - Updated - - -

So we should worry about Sylvanas? Because she seems to be level-headed in the midst of chaos.

Shes as much an anti-hero as Illidan was/is. When goals align great... but he and she have always had their own agenda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    So which Sylvanas do you like? THe backstabbing bitch kind of sylvanas or the honorable warchief kind?

Cuz people worship sylvanas for the dark and edgy stuff she does, makes me wonder if youre all going to still love her from here on out.
    The first thing I noticed when she became Warchief is how much more pleasant it is to be ruled by her instead of Thrall and the other indecicive shit that walked around there before. She is a better version of Garrosh.

No - Pre-Warchief Sylvanas: "Could you PLEAAASE go to X and do Y, help us!"
    It's - Warchief Sylvanas: "You WILL go to X immeadiatly and do everything you can to make Y become a reality"
    and "This is bad for MY kingdom, XxShadowhunterXX, go fix that, you will obey"

It shows that she was leading Rangers long before she died and turned undead. I don't think people like her backstabbing side, they like her rational side.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-17 at 03:29 PM.

It connects pretty well, IMO, to her arc in "War Crimes" -- the very, um, non-literary set of the WoW audience sees that story and her tearing up wolves and talking about never letting her feelings take over blah blah and think that settles it, she's going to be a full crazy bitch forever. But the facts for those who do a lot more reading and, just in general, care about characters with emotional depth and realism, are pretty plain; reconnecting with her sister and the idea of having a connection, a real connection to the world beyond just what she had with her kingdom, their loyalty to her, her sense of duty to them (described in Silverpine), their value in assuring her safety, etc... that had a real effect on her.

So when we see her in the Legion cinematic up to and through Broken Shore, she seems to be the most like the Ranger-General that fought off Arthas -- a living person who was invested in the world she was a part of -- than she'd been since that time. I saw her sharing a real war-time bond with Varian, saw her afraid for the lives of her soldiers and comrades when Vol'jin fell, struggling with the hard decision of leaving the Alliance behind, regretful that Varian died. In the Vol'jin cinematic, she's actually very introspective about life and death, reassures him about the future of the Horde (seriously? Words of comfort). That one little narrowing of the eyes when he says he never trusted her, but her mouth literally opening in surprise that he's putting her on the spot -- did not expect that.

I think Vol'jin named her entire story arc for this expansion -- stepping out of the shadows. I expect a parallel story arc for Illidan; two misanthropic semi-villain anti-hero types stepping up to something more honest and heroic.

Probably because Jaina is now being a big enough bitch for everyone

Because it doesn't fit the story Blizzard have decided to create.
    That's all the answer you need for any question of why Blizzard ever choose to ignore their own canon.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton