Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Heh, even Westfall is filled with an excessive amount of Horde. But it's the only zone where the PvP flag can be disabled so I don't mind it that much.
    At first I got so excited because open PvP and such. I don't know why the system even works like that. You can't fill an empty server with Horde from other Servers (Eredar, Frostwolf, ...) and think it's a well designed system.

I got pissed before, because while leveling you always have 5-6 trigger happy horde players around you and no Alliance to help. It really seems noone is playing Alliance anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    No XP boost for EU yet? only get 28k each now, was 58k before

Quote Originally Posted by Tntdruid View Post
    No XP boost for EU yet? only get 28k each now, was 58k before
    The xp boost consists in the xp you get from mobs, the gigantic stupidity of their buff is: if ANY higher level player hits your mob, it divides the xp you get by 100000000000 and you won't get anything. On my server invasion went from: overcrowded, to: why am I alone here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmashingQuasar View Post
    The xp boost consists in the xp you get from mobs, the gigantic stupidity of their buff is: if ANY higher level player hits your mob, it divides the xp you get by 100000000000 and you won't get anything. On my server invasion went from: overcrowded, to: why am I alone here?
    That a lame xp buff then, not gonna wast more time whit alts on that

Incinerate damage increased to 190% of Spell Power (was 170%).
    Immolate no longer has a chance to generate a shard on its direct damage.
    Roaring Blaze now increases Immolate damage by 25% (was 50%).

Really? +20%SP incresed damage for Incinerate? Chaosbolt deals damage that is less than Fireball. Incinerate deals tickle-damage but with this "HUGE" buff we will decrease the amount of 35 other specs' penises put in destro lock's mouths by 0%. Destro is in a really bad state right now, and now welcome to hell boyz!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them."

"You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now."

Sitting in your mount waiting for us to kill them for you is probably not a good idea.

Deleted
    Honestly, they again like they have felt disconnected from their own game lately....

Oh we have made 300% invasions well lets nerf exp to 1/4th because now they can do more of them .... ye but instead of us getting 100k exp per 2 invasions we now get 150k per 6 invasions. WHICH take is instead of 30 minutes.... 90 minutes....

Oh shit blizz thinks a massive out cry cuz we fucked up again... wait lets just increase exp from mobs that seems fair right ye....

Ok so yes you get a little more exp per mob now, but this only works like in the middle of the night because IF ANY high level only even tags it.... your exp is instead of 10k it is 200 something exp ....

seriously they feel disconnected...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Blizz wont revert the changes just because people are b!itching.
    After all,now you get more exp than before but people are uncapble of seeing it.
    Want to rethink your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakonder View Post
    Incinerate damage increased to 190% of Spell Power (was 170%).
    Immolate no longer has a chance to generate a shard on its direct damage.
    Roaring Blaze now increases Immolate damage by 25% (was 50%).

Really? +20%SP incresed damage for Incinerate? Chaosbolt deals damage that is less than Fireball. Incinerate deals tickle-damage but with this "HUGE" buff we will decrease the amount of 35 other specs' penises put in destro lock's mouths by 0%. Destro is in a really bad state right now, and now welcome to hell boyz!
    You must put down the pipe sir... everyone who knew the warlock class even a little knew this was coming

Is the whole Khadgar/Dalaran/Ulduar/Karazhan questline bugged? Seems really awkward for Blizzard to not include voice-acting during these quests with so much emphasis on dialogues during the quests. I haven't been this frustrated by trying to read the dialogue in the chat window while doing a questline for a long time... Considering the focus on the new voice dialogue window in Legion and in the previous Broken Shore intro etc it feels really bad not to have any of it during these quests.

This results in the quests feeling really lacklustre compared to what we got previously in the Pre-Patch.

And why does Blizzard insist on simply teleporting us everywhere? I had great hopes for this questline as I knew we were going to visit iconic places like Ulduar and Karazhan again. But my enthusiasm got smoldered by the fact that the game insist on giving me portal from Orgrimmar directly to Dalaran, and from Dalaran to within Uldum, then a portal directly to Karazhan and even within Karazhan we get teleported directly to the library where we get a final portal taking us back to Dalaran.

Come on now, this is truly killing me Blizzard. I'm not against the whole Dungeon Finder and Looking for RAID tool. I don't feel the need for gather a group of players and fly to the various dungeon entrances, especially when knowing I will need to farm these dungeons a lost of times to get all my gear before entering RAIDing.

But why kill the whole world aspect of the game by forcing players through lazy portals instead of having us fly around to these icon locations during the quest-chain? The expansion is not arriving until 30th of August so we still got a lot of time to kill in the game. So it's not like we are in a hurry, so we don't need the portals in order for the quests to take 20 minutes instead of 40 minutes. And it's not like these quests are something players can farm, so we will be doing them over-and-over again endlessly. So why all the portals?

It really reduces my excitement for the quests a whole lot. And that saddens me a great deal. I would have enjoyed them much more if I was able to actually travel to these locations instead of just jumping through a portal all the time.
    Last edited by RamGuy; 2016-08-17 at 11:35 AM.

I'm still getting XP from doing nothing... I have all of the items, so I really don't care too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post

Plus, you can't have a mob scale down if there's a level 100 engaged. Easier to have the player scale up, like they do in battlegrounds but yea, using this to level my RAF before it ends. 2.5 levels per invasion right now.

Nope, that's wrong. Mobs scale to the player, even if players of different levels are attacking it. It's the cool tech they've added for legion. So, say it takes 10 white damage hits to kill a mob at 100, that same mob will take ten hits for a player at level 10, and if a 100 and a 10 attack at the same time, 5 hits from each will kill it (excluding crits etc) I saw this working in beta, with myself at 100 and a friend at 109 levelling in the same zone. Very cool tech.

Try it yourself, take a low level to an invasion, you will see the same mob have much lower health to you and you will see your spells doing normal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    And why does Blizzard insist on simply teleporting us everywhere? I had great hopes for this questline as I knew we were going to visit iconic places like Ulduar and Karazhan again. But my enthusiasm got smoldered by the fact that the game insist on giving me portal from Orgrimmar directly to Dalaran, and from Dalaran to within Uldum, then a portal directly to Karazhan and even within Karazhan we get teleported directly to the library where we get a final portal taking us back to Dalaran.

Come on now, this is truly killing me Blizzard. I'm not against the whole Dungeon Finder and Looking for RAID tool. I don't feel the need for gather a group of players and fly to the various dungeon entrances, especially when knowing I will need to farm these dungeons a lost of times to get all my gear before entering RAIDing.

But why kill the whole world aspect of the game by forcing players through lazy portals instead of having us fly around to these icon locations during the quest-chain? The expansion is not arriving until 30th of August so we still got a lot of time to kill in the game. So it's not like we are in a hurry, so we don't need the portals in order for the quests to take 20 minutes instead of 40 minutes. And it's not like these quests are something players can farm, so we will be doing them over-and-over again endlessly. So why all the portals?

It really reduces my excitement for the quests a whole lot. And that saddens me a great deal. I would have enjoyed them much more if I was able to actually travel to these locations instead of just jumping through a portal all the time.
    Counter-point: Khadgar is one of the greatest mages on Azeroth. Do you think he would really make us fly around on like that when we are on an incredibly important quest to help save the world?

Deleted
    This whole "add xp to mobs" thing doesn't work at all. As it stands now at lvl 35 I get about 6k from a Stage completion. From killing an elite invader I get around 6.5k. But if anyone else as much as coughs in the mobs general direction, I get 200xp. Heck, for the actual bosses I get around 56xp. That's so fucked up. Can anyone tell me if that's just a bug, or shitty design?

I thought the point was for us to work TOGETHER against the legion? Not run as far away from everyone else as to get as much out of it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by linex7 View Post
    Counter-point: Khadgar is one of the greatest mages on Azeroth. Do you think he would really make us fly around on like that when we are on an incredibly important quest to help save the world?

If we are going to use this logic the game falls apart. Why don't we have portals everywhere? Both the Horde, and especially the alliance got some really good Mages in their arsenal. Why don't we have portals to everywhere? Why do we even have to move at all?

Why didn't Jaina simply teleport the alliance off the Broken Shore? Varian's death is pretty much her fault... If we are going to use this kind of logic.

Still not worth doing the invasions anymore as a lower level.

Right now, every single player is your enemy. If someone hits your mob (including the bosses), the xp goes to nothing. So, the only stage worth something would be stage 3, as long as you can kill mobs alone. It's really sad to remove more than 90% of a mob's HP, just to see someone hitting it and killing the XP.

im getting way less xp than yesterday on my lvl 80+ alts, and that is with me trying to kill as much as possible, just isnt worth it anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterheart View Post
    This whole "add xp to mobs" thing doesn't work at all. As it stands now at lvl 35 I get about 6k from a Stage completion. From killing an elite invader I get around 6.5k. But if anyone else as much as coughs in the mobs general direction, I get 200xp. Heck, for the actual bosses I get around 56xp. That's so fucked up. Can anyone tell me if that's just a bug, or shitty design?
    Experience is designed that way so it prevent high level chars from power leveling low level chars and because invasions are mix of high level chars with low level chars you end up getting nothing if one high level char even touch mob you were fighting. Hopefully in few days devs realize this and patch another fix which probably will break something else.

BAHAHAHAHA they caved on the xp thing. What a bunch of spineless pussies Blizzard is.

Blizzard: "We have a vision for the game we created."

Vocal minority: "We don't like you're vision because it doesn't cater to our laziness. Change it, now."

Blizzard: "Okie dokie, will do. Please keep giving us money."

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    If we are going to use this logic the game falls apart. Why don't we have portals everywhere? Both the Horde, and especially the alliance got some really good Mages in their arsenal. Why don't we have portals to everywhere? Why do we even have to move at all?

Why didn't Jaina simply teleport the alliance off the Broken Shore? Varian's death is pretty much her fault... If we are going to use this kind of logic.
    Not really. Khadgar uses magical means of travel all the time. We see Jaina do it too. There is a big difference between porting a couple people and porting an entire army. I'd say as far as the lore behind it is concerned, there is obviously a good deal of magical effort involved in making a portal. We have them maintained in the cities themselves and mages can port to specific locations. But Khadgar is the best of the best and can obviously port anywhere he pleases most likely. He can certainly teleport to Karazhan on a whim. Maybe the Ulduar one is a stretch, but even then I think there is plenty to back up Khadgar of all people being able to do it.