Zone scaling - how effective is it?

I think we're seeing some of the zone scaling (like they're going to use in the four "leveling" zones in Legion) in the invasions, yes?

And I've read a few complaints. Some "trash" mobs are hitting as if they're level 100, even when fighting level 50 characters. And player healing isn't scaling (so a level 90 healer playing with a level 100 tank friend wouldn't do much for keeping them alive), so I've read.

Has anyone here experienced these?

Deleted
    A few times, yes.

I don't attack any named alone anymore on any alt. Some boss ablilites do insane damage to low level alts, like the chains (they ticked for 60% health per second).

And yep, healing isn't scaling, so a lvl 100 healer could keep any low level alive in their aoe heals.

Deleted
    On my level 70 hunter, I was having no issues soloing elites, as mentioned avoid names due to the damage.
    Only ones I had issues with were non elites, tiny fel elementals near one of the camps, consistent one shot me, and moment I ressurected they would re agro as they were showing skull level not intended level.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I think we're seeing some of the zone scaling (like they're going to use in the four "leveling" zones in Legion) in the invasions, yes?

And I've read a few complaints. Some "trash" mobs are hitting as if they're level 100, even when fighting level 50 characters. And player healing isn't scaling (so a level 90 healer playing with a level 100 tank friend wouldn't do much for keeping them alive), so I've read.

Has anyone here experienced these?
    Mobs in Legion are scaled according to group. If you are a 90 healer grouped with a 100 tank, the mob scales to 95.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    A few times, yes.

I don't attack any named alone anymore on any alt. Some boss ablilites do insane damage to low level alts, like the chains (they ticked for 60% health per second).
    At level 35, I get 1 shotted by most of the raid boss abilities. There is one Pit lord that drops the fel on the ground and 1 tick does 37K damage (I have 7k health). I was even running away just as one dropped and I still got instant gibbed. Plus it seems players who get MC'd do one shot damage.

On topic, overall the scaling seems to be working as expected. For me that is disappointing, I like going back to areas and being able to mow down mobs with little effort as that is the point of becoming more powerful and I also like to power level alts, which is now dead because of this. I'm curious to see how this players out over legion. I suspect this will be the standard going forward.

Heck maybe they will retro fit the old world, so that level 120 heroes who fought and killed Legions and old gods can be killed by a starting zone boar.

Deleted
    I think it will be a lot better in the leveling zones of legion, instead of their being a 90 lvl difference which has been messed with throughout the expansions it'll be the 10 levels which it's more aimed at. I think it's definitely good they are doing it now see on live if it needs some tweaking.

I dunno if you were asking if it will be effective or if it's just effective now but I feel like asking how effective it is right now is like asking if the dps numbers are tuned for right now.

Edit: for the record i didn't find i had many issues, I got one shot by the demon lords but then my 610ilvl char lvl100 did aswell so i didnt worry about that. most other stuff was reasonable apart from the amount of people that really love going out of their way to hit low levels cos they can sort of thing
    Last edited by mmoc455020c1a7; 2016-08-17 at 01:24 PM.

I'm half curious if the Legion leveling zoned will be messed up, and half curious if this tech (if it works) could allow me to complete the story lines if my favorite questing zones (e.g., Silver pine).

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    At level 35, I get 1 shotted by most of the raid boss abilities. There is one Pit lord that drops the fel on the ground and 1 tick does 37K damage (I have 7k health). I was even running away just as one dropped and I still got instant gibbed. Plus it seems players who get MC'd do one shot damage.
    Same at level 100....it is just the way bosses abilities work - they one shot if you are not prepared.
    on level 35 it is 25k damage. on level 100 it is 350k damage

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Same at level 100....it is just the way bosses abilities work - they one shot if you are not prepared.
    on level 35 it is 25k damage. on level 100 it is 350k damage
    I had asked others about it and they said they were getting hit for 300K but not getting 1 shotted. My level 100 warrior has 500K health, so it will sting, but not kill. For the lowbies, I literally can't escape the pools he drops in under 1 tick, I even blinked and it still counted a tick against me. Unless I had some lag, I see the effect for the pool he is going to drop and I'm running\blink and still dead.