Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    I was receiving ~50k per stage and ~80k on completion, but now I'm getting from 14 to 20k stage / ~40k completion xp. 95 level. So, RIP levelling alts on invasions?

EU btw
    If this is a prevailing attitude, why even have levels? An MMORPG is supposed to be about the journey far more than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    If this is a prevailing attitude, why even have levels? An MMORPG is supposed to be about the journey far more than the destination.
    Leveling is a journey.
    Gearing up is a journey.
    Raiding is a journey.
    PvP is a journey.

Some people just want to get to the journeys they like and skip the rest. Especially those who have already seen the journey of leveling a dozen times.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    But WoW is 99% about max level and end game, have been for years and will always be. Blizzard put 99.9% of their work into max level content. The levling is only a tedious chore until you can actually start the game, because nothing you do from level 1-xxx max level will matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the change to making mob kills reward more XP. As someone who used the Invasions to level 3 characters from 90 to 100 it was definitely stupid how I could literally AFK and gain easy levels. \

The problem is that you get a respectable amount of XP for killing random mobs solo, but absolute shit xp when anyone tags it with you. Not only does this make you resent other players (something that a MMO should never do) but it also makes it so if you want the best XP you aren't going to be going after the big skull minibosses and the boss at the end won't reward you any XP.

Now, I get that XP sharing has always been a thing, but it is even more obnoxious when my XP gets cut to a fraction when the mob's health scales up because multiple people are attacking him. Really glad I got everything I needed done before they patched this. I was going to level my Paladin with Invasions but it's more work than I want to put in right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I saw that blue quote on the front page and got my hopes up that it no longer splits the XP among the tagged players. The XP is still pretty bad, in most situations not even worth attacking over just AFKing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I agree with the change to making mob kills reward more XP. As someone who used the Invasions to level 3 characters from 90 to 100 it was definitely stupid how I could literally AFK and gain easy levels. \

The problem is that you get a respectable amount of XP for killing random mobs solo, but absolute shit xp when anyone tags it with you. Not only does this make you resent other players (something that a MMO should never do) but it also makes it so if you want the best XP you aren't going to be going after the big skull minibosses and the boss at the end won't reward you any XP.

Now, I get that XP sharing has always been a thing, but it is even more obnoxious when my XP gets cut to a fraction when the mob's health scales up because multiple people are attacking him. Really glad I got everything I needed done before they patched this. I was going to level my Paladin with Invasions but it's more work than I want to put in right now.
    Thing is if a guard NPC tags it, it still gets split up

- - - Updated - - -

The recent change at least makes it viable over dungeons (350k from 2 inv in 30 mins).
    The reason people are outraged at this is because for a limited time they had an alternate viable way of lvling but was then nerfed so the old way is more viable

the issue i have with it is...you have to do alot more invasions to get the same amount of xp..so you dont get much time to do anything else, and not everyone has time for that sitting there all the time playing.

Showing of the new method for invasion leveling. This seems even faster than before. Hope its Ok I leave a link, if not mods remove thats fine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLPcZtF3sQ
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Showing of the new method for invasion leveling. This seems even faster than before. Hope its Ok I leave a link, if not mods remove thats fine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLPcZtF3sQ
    That would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that lvl 100s tend to kill them too, which makes you lose out on TONS of exp. Imho they should just let us get max exp from each kill and not take away from it.

Doing the invasions and actually killing mobs (which still contributes to the counter) leads to xp gains far beyond and faster than what we got before.

its just that we cant afk twice in a row every 4 hours.

or you can afk 6 times every 4 hours. still more xp.

I'am getting a level per stage at 95
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-17 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Listen, before the nerf, people were sitting afk and leveling. You find that okay?

What they did now is a better solution, that awards you for actually playing the game. You get more invasions and more often, and you can get more experience than before if you actively hunt demons around the invasion maps.

What are you guys even complaining about? What do you even want?

You dont get his point.

They literally gave you a present and then took it away. That stings for people who finally could lvl their alts at a decent pace while not abandoning their main

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its still shit, level 100's are tagging everything so lowbies get like 4xp. The hotfix yesterday did nothing.
    It's bullshit. JUST now I had a lvl 100 following my lvl 69 priest around, tagging the mobs I was attacking so I got jack all for experience. Blizzard really needs to fix that shit because as it is now, it blows.

Deleted
    And this is the company who said they were gonna make Wow great again..

I get no more than 609 exp at level 97 for killing a miniboss. Thank you very much for the great tuning Blizz

That is assuming i am not killed by collateral damage form the AoE zerg fest
    Last edited by oblakoff; 2016-08-17 at 02:20 PM.

Y'all are crazy, leveling is a lot faster now than it was over the weekend before these changes. The key is you have to actually participate not afk. Additionally you need to kill mobs solo which is really easy just fly off to an out of the way place with mobs. I have literally never had a problem finding solo mobs since the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    Y'all are crazy, leveling is a lot faster now than it was over the weekend before these changes. The key is you have to actually participate not afk. Additionally you need to kill mobs solo which is really easy just fly off to an out of the way place with mobs. I have literally never had a problem finding solo mobs since the change.
    So you mean in a event that is ment to be done as a group, I must kill stuff solo for it to be worth it....

Do you not see the problem with that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    That would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that lvl 100s tend to kill them too, which makes you lose out on TONS of exp. Imho they should just let us get max exp from each kill and not take away from it.
    Havent had any issues like that. Find a remote spot on dead realm's w/e.

Did a level now first in 12 mins, and then i barely saw the next level..feelt like under 10 mins. that is in the 40's.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You can level 1-60 in a day without 'em anyway, that's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    That's the thing, the solution is the right one but it's rendered useless by the fact that you have to kill things solo for it to work properly.

I don't mind having to participate and focus on one alt at the time to be efficient but when other people tagging the mobs makes my effort pointless I might as well go back to being AFK.

PvE happens on PvE realms...

Really regretted coming back this early. Was suppose to be mid Sep or end of Sep. Hoping to try and lvl up my alts this way, but... it was pathetic. 3hrs of game play and my war level from 56- 59... that like 1hr per level for a char under lvl 60. And i was killing stuff and not afking.

End of 3hrs, 30g in repairs...

Should have read this thread before i subscribed. Hate being lied to.

Not to mentioned that my alts level 10 will be zero flight path in the beginning. Such a pain really.