Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Another expansion with half voiced over content

I dont imply that Blizzard has to voice over all the quests.

But take for example now with the Broken shore and Kadgar quest, its like 50% of the content is voiced over and other is just plain text, it makes for a weird experience to expect voice and then the NPCs are just spewing text, even some important NPCs.

Doesn't it feel like a unfinished product? it seems they plan badly and only voice over half of the content

There was other MMOs that are fully voiced over even f2p ones.

When people stops complaining for absolutely everything, the game will become good.

That specific khadgar quest isn't voiced over which I don't get but nearly all of legion is voiced. Don't understand where you pulled "half" from.

Although I agree voice overs could have made it a much better experience...you're basing the entire expansion off a 20 min quest line in the pre patch? o.O

Deleted
    I will agree that it would have been alot more epic had it all been voiced, but let's not forget there was a time when only the bosses had dialogue pretty much.

I haven't played with sound on in 12 years, VO is a waste.

See your opinion matters as much as mine.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

When you actually get to quest in Broken Isle you'll realize that a pre-patch isn't equal to half the expansion because that's just a flat out stupid thing to say.

There's so much voiced in Broken Isles. Even random mobs you fight have a couple voiced lines attached to them.

The less VO, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post

But take for example now with the Broken shore and Kadgar quest, its like 50% of the content is voiced over and other is just plain text, it makes for a weird experience to expect voice and then the NPCs are just spewing text, even some important NPCs.

Doesn't it feel like a unfinished product? it seems they plan badly and only voice over half of the content

Yeah and those other MMOs wasted money on voice-overs that they should have spent elsewhere.

The vast majority of players don't even read or listen to the quest text, we just skip over it as fast as possible. That's why the fast quest text option was added in the first place.

VO is a waste.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I wasn't disappointed when I did the Broken Shore Quest as Alliance, and when all the Alliance Leaders are there and start talking, it's not in Voice overs. Really felt it should have been, especially for such Characters of interest.
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2016-08-17 at 07:33 PM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Better title for your whine thread would be "Another expansion with a half voiced quest line in pre-patch"

10+ Year Old Account

Not when Metzen does 90% of the voicing... i'd rather just read it myself.

I like to ...read. This is not a Korean MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont get the khadgar/dala/kara quests at all.
    all of them were voiced on the beta and ptr.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    May I point out the larger fact that according to the front page of MMO-Champion, that was the first HALF of the pre-expansion quest line. It was like 20 minutes long. Not much of a pre-expansion quest line. Hey, at least I'm enjoying the invasions. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Big deal. Can you not fucking read or something? I'd rather have more interactive dialogue (e.g. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, ect) that you can adjust the flow of the conversation that is only written than a bunch of voice acting that is the same every time.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    that quest would be so much better if it was voice acted.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Not when Metzen does 90% of the voicing... i'd rather just read it myself.
    Except... he doesnt?
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

More like 9/10. Every single artifact features voice acting. You have nothing to compare to that is legit anyway. No other game has content this good for this long and no other expansion has had more voice acting.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when does Blizzard use more than 50% voice over for its quests?

Started in WotLK myself, but did have to do 1-60 quests in Vanilla world and Outland, they were hardly voiced over.

WotLK had a few, very few, voiced over quests.

Same for Cata.

Same for MoP.

Why would you expect more?