Deleted

Any Mythic Raiders here?

Hey guys, do you prefer a tank with Balanced between survivability and dps stats or just survivability ?

Deleted
    For early progress in any semi-decent guild the tank should be pushing hes dps as much as he can to the limit where he can still survive and not strain the healers to much.

Deleted
    in general: as long as you have enough defense to not die, you can put the rest in offense.

but since mythic raiders can mean anything from world first guilds to guilds that only kill a few mythic bosses depending on who you ask, what that means in reality is hard to say.

for your average guild i'd say err on the side of abit more defense, dps usually isn't a super critical factor there and you don't one want mistake to mean a death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhen View Post
    For early progress in any semi-decent guild the tank should be pushing hes dps as much as he can to the limit where he can still survive and not strain the healers to much.
    then why no focus on survivability 100% then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    then why no focus on survivability 100% then?
    survivability isnt a continous scale, it's steps.

in the most simple terms: if a boss hits for 10 damage, you only need 11 hp to survive, 12-20 hp wont make a difference and are entirely useless, you will still die from 2 hits, only at 21 will there be a difference again. (ofc reality has RNG and more stuff happening at once)

so instead of getting 15hp, you could get 11hp and 4 attack, in theory.

in reality however, getting 15hp can beworth it since people make mistakes and healers might not be able to heal the full 10hp in between attacks all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-08-18 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhen View Post
    Pretty much this. If the healers have it easy healing the tank, then he should add a bit extra dps on the cost of surviveability. It can be in his rotation, his talents or his gear (or all).

Deleted
    Problem is, how will I know? The raids are coming out in like month away when Legion launches and that will be my time gearing, I am guessing going full survival for the first raid and then adjust whlist getting loot from the raid, right?

Deleted
    tank can do nice dps but when raid needs extra healer then it's overall raid dps loss. if healing is not problem - you can bring full dps class instead healer (or make healer swich to dps).

Honestly, in the first few weeks, ilvl will be pretty much all that matters. You're not gonna keep an 835 piece that has better stats than an 840 piece because the 840 piece will have more stamina. Now if you're going for crafted gear and need to know for that then I'd recommend going for survivability in the first few weeks because more dps is nice, but it's not gonna be nice if for whatever reason it comes at the cost of you randomly dropping dead mid-fight.

Hell, if you wanted to, you could setup two different sets of gear, one for dps and one for survivability, so you can switch depending on the demands of the fight. That's what our main tank does.

Deleted
    on mythic progression you wipe several days (or weeks) on one boss anyways - then you choose best talents for exactly that encounter.