Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How strong are the bodyguard followers in Legion?

I couldn't find much on this. Are order hall bodyguards particularly strong or could I roll without them just fine? Are there any elites and such that they're actually helpful in soloing?

I know there is one for monks that is a tank which made being a windwalker much easier for soloing elite WQs.

The Wods bodyguards were decent, especially Vivian. She was a dps beast. I wouldnt be surprised to see the legion ones doing well. But even so, its still nice to take one with you. Every little bit of damage gets things done faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    I know there is one for monks that is a tank which made being a windwalker much easier for soloing elite WQs.
    chen! its chen! whoo chen!!
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Bodyguards are very nice, especially when you're undergeared.

Fyi, world content in Legion rapes your ass if you're not a tank. Especially Suramar. For most dps specs, it's literally pull one mob, kill it, then eat/drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Fyi, world content in Legion rapes your ass if you're not a tank. Especially Suramar. For most dps specs, it's literally pull one mob, kill it, then eat/drink.
    Not even remotely true. I ran around pulling multiple mobs as a WW Monk with under 800 ilvl in Suramar with no problems.

Makes me want to gravitate towards specs with 70% slows

- - - Updated - - -

What happens if said bodyguard dies? Do you have to wait an hour or anything? I know the WoD ones were way too squishy to actually tank anything for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Not even remotely true. I ran around pulling multiple mobs as a WW Monk with under 800 ilvl in Suramar with no problems.
    WW must be grossly OP then, congrats. A lot of dps specs have issues with solo content at 110 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Makes me want to gravitate towards specs with 70% slows

- - - Updated - - -

What happens if said bodyguard dies? Do you have to wait an hour or anything? I know the WoD ones were way too squishy to actually tank anything for too long
    If your bodyguard dies it instantly comes back when you drop combat. Seems they learned their lesson from WoD.

Deleted
    Sorry to distract with my own question regarding bodyguards, but everyone has access to them or do you have to take a special route like in WoD, that you needed to have the barracks to be able to use badyguards?

Quote Originally Posted by Alianna View Post
    Sorry to distract with my own question regarding bodyguards, but everyone has access to them or do you have to take a special route like in WoD, that you needed to have the barracks to be able to use badyguards?
    Everyone has them, you unlock different ones as you progress the class questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianna View Post
    Nope. Just need to recruit them through your class story. You'll get 1 during your first few quests setting up your order hall.

The downside of this is that u need them followers to run missions in a class hall. I maxed 4 chars in beta and barely used bodyguards because they were needed to run important campaign missions. Anyhow - they are very useful in open world. Once u get to 830-840 ilvl u wont need them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    The downside of this is that u need them followers to run missions in a class hall. I maxed 4 chars in beta and barely used bodyguards because they were needed to run important campaign missions. Anyhow - they are very useful in open world. Once u get to 830-840 ilvl u wont need them though.
    I like it, have them do important missions or have them follow you in your own missions, its a choice the player has to make with some strategy and time management involved.

I leveled to 110 without any of them. Not to prove a point or anything, just in those early times you want your few followers doing setup for you to go through your campaign. They few options available for your bodyguards are similar to your Garrison counterparts. They are absolutely not required, but kinda nice to have.

10+ Year Old Account

so it's like old school wow again instead of the massive AoE fest?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so it's like old school wow again instead of the massive AoE fest?
    Old School wow was an aoe fest if you played rogue, Mage, warlock, and whatever else could pummel AOE. You just mounted and dragged entire camps of mobs in EPL/WPL/ETC and aoe'd them down. So I am not sure what exactly your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Old School wow was an aoe fest if you played rogue, Mage, warlock, and whatever else could pummel AOE. You just mounted and dragged entire camps of mobs in EPL/WPL/ETC and aoe'd them down. So I am not sure what exactly your talking about.
    Rogues only "aoe" until wrath was blade flurry which had a 2 min cd and only hit one extra target.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was rather unimpressed with Narlax on my druid in beta. However my DH had one that helped with DPS and was pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: they are roughly comparable to the ones in WoD. They are quite helpful early on, and you even want to have them with you due to certain items they get that net you more Order Resources from world quests while they accompany you.

I read somewhere that it's faster to level up the followers by bringing them around as bodyguards and questing/doing stuff with them, as opposed to sending them on missions constantly.

Is this true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I read somewhere that it's faster to level up the followers by bringing them around as bodyguards and questing/doing stuff with them, as opposed to sending them on missions constantly.

Is this true?
    I think it is true cos you won't need every single followers on missions.
    But ALL class don't have acces to bodygard early on.
    Warriors for example have to do more than half the class campaign before getting the first bodygard ( roughly 20-30 hours into the game gated by missions duration)