Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Where did I ever to say, "We must get rid of boobs?"

C'mon now, keep up. Asking for people to be a little more sensible about their mogs and not just going for the most crude crap isn't so bad. Don't like it? Do what you want. Just don't expect me to give you a thumbs up.

...Though apparently my lack of approval really bothers people which is all my criticism amounts to. Now there's no guessing how I feel towards it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because I do. Why do you care that I care?

Around and around we go. Where we stop, nobody knows.
    Your whimsy is really only outclassed by the basic fact that you're an asshole? There are entire fields of psychology dedicated to people who don't understand social norms, or those who understand social norms but are compelled to reject them, and yet, you've just decided "fuck what people think looks cool, I know what looks cool, those people are just wrong. And they need to know it. Publicly."

Your life must be really sad. You must have no power whatsoever outside of a video game, so you want to pick on people who aren't you because you've got a warped sense of seeking dominance. I'd say it borders on being pathetic.

But it doesn't border. It's just so pathetic. I hope you find some solace some years down the line. Or you get a hug. You seem like you need one. Maybe a good cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    How in the world is this even an issue? Guess what? People can make THEIR toons look how they like and you can make YOURS how you like. Do you get upset every Halloween too how people dress?
    No shit Sherlock, thanks for stating the obvious. Well done.

...and no, I tend to drink myself into oblivion or work for Halloween. Either way its a productive night for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    hey everyone, hear that? op thinks you mog your toons for their approval...poor op, has a hard time with reality... awwww
    Awww, you're cute. Here's a cookie for stopping by.

Decided to put on a slutmog that I never use just to annoy those that care about this shit!

http://imgur.com/PuoXJhM

http://imgur.com/wwKXgNR

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

Stop shaming me.
    Still better than the slutmog shit people think is somehow clever or sexy. Ten points for originality at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Decided to put on a slutmog that I never use just to annoy those that care about this shit!

http://imgur.com/PuoXJhM

http://imgur.com/wwKXgNR

Enjoy!
    I won't look at it nor do I really care but please, keep at it.

awww, look at poor op, so many issues... they feel they need to give out rewards to ppl for feeling sorry for them... awwww

Taste is taste! Don't let other people's opinions or personal taste get under your skin!
    Your complexion will thank you for it

Quote Originally Posted by Keuric View Post
    Your whimsy is really only outclassed by the basic fact that you're an asshole? There are entire fields of psychology dedicated to people who don't understand social norms, or those who understand social norms but are compelled to reject them, and yet, you've just decided "fuck what people think looks cool, I know what looks cool, those people are just wrong. And they need to know it. Publicly."

Your life must be really sad. You must have no power whatsoever outside of a video game, so you want to pick on people who aren't you because you've got a warped sense of seeking dominance. I'd say it borders on being pathetic.

But it doesn't border. It's just so pathetic. I hope you find some solace some years down the line. Or you get a hug. You seem like you need one. Maybe a good cry.
    People think slutmogs are cool? Seems to me the general census is they're shit but why should we bring up that they're shit in the first place? Well that's an easy answer; because we can and have no obligation to shield people from criticism concerning their digital characters of all things.

Nice try though.

No shit Sherlock, thanks for stating the obvious. Well done.

...and no, I tend to drink myself into oblivion or work for Halloween. Either way its a productive night for me.

- - - Updated - - -

So have you seen any of the npc's in this game? What do the dragon aspects do to you send you into a rage? Your life sounds like a blast. Keep worrying about things out of your control and see how that will work out for you.

awww, look at poor op, so many issues... they feel they need to give out rewards to ppl for feeling sorry for them... awwww
    Oh boy, literally copies and pastes his prior post. Didn't see that coming. This is a winner.

Still better than the slutmog shit people think is somehow clever or sexy. Ten points for originality at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I won't look at it nor do I really care but please, keep at it.
    Haha, sure you won't and sure you don't. This thread is extreme proof that you don't care about how people dress their characters! Oh wait...
    Pics already have 2 views. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Veelia11 View Post
    Taste is taste! Don't let other people's opinions or personal taste get under your skin!
    Your complexion will thank you for it
    No, your complexion will thank your choice of diet, not whether or not you express your dislike for digital hooker apparel.

I always get crap for my T3 cryptstalker gear on my shaman

Oh boy, literally copies and pastes his prior post. Didn't see that coming. This is a winner.
    awwww, the issues, poor op, they can't even tell the difference between different posts...

I like most of my toons to look tactical. My main PVP toon wears most of the Assassination set with an eyepatch. My rogue wears the red opportunitist set that's basically just a recolor, with different head. Most of my others just have things thrown together that kinda look decent enough together. My BEs (the only toons I have that can be slutty, since horde doesn't have as many kiddie slut races like alliance), usually wear cute enough things, nothing overly slutty. I had the purple revenant set on my warrior, but it didn't seem functional, so I scrapped it. A bit of a belly shirt on my priest or hunter once in awhile, but that's usually as slutty as I've get - and that's not even slutty.

It's your $15/40K gold, do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Haha, sure you won't and sure you don't. This thread is extreme proof that you don't care about how people dress their characters! Oh wait...
    Pics already have 2 views. ^^
    Oh yeah and there's what, 6 people active in this thread?

Sorry. I wasn't one of the ones that clicked it. I don't even care if people plaster it up in their post as an image, doesn't phase me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I like most of my toons to look tactical. My main PVP toon wears most of the Assassination set with an eyepatch. My rogue wears the red opportunitist set that's basically just a recolor, with different head. Most of my others just have things thrown together that kinda look decent enough together. My BEs (the only toons I have that can be slutty, since horde doesn't have as many kiddie slut races like alliance), usually wear cute enough things, nothing overly slutty. I had the purple revenant set on my warrior, but it didn't seem functional, so I scrapped it. A bit of a belly shirt on my priest or hunter once in awhile, but that's usually as slutty as I've get - and that's not even slutty.

It's your $15/40K gold, do what you want.
    Eh, like I've linked multiple times, I've had FFXIV getups that were pretty jazzy.

That said, I still try to keep my stuff in some measure of taste no matter the theme. In fact the 'White Mage' look is about as risque as it gets for me.

- - - Updated - - -

awwww, the issues, poor op, they can't even tell the difference between different posts...
    Oh snap you can change a few words in your copy and paste, congrats! You've proven all of my preconceived notions about you incorrect!

People think slutmogs are cool? Seems to me the general census is they're shit but why should we bring up that they're shit in the first place? Well that's an easy answer; because we can and have no obligation to shield people from criticism concerning their digital characters of all things.
    I'm sure some do. They see someone out in Orgrimmar and inspect, they to get those pieces. They look at their toon all night, so it should be how they'd like them to look. I rarely ever notice anyone elses transmog, maybe 1 in every 500 people do I notice. And it's usually some obnoxious shit that draws the eye (like the bright yellow and orange hunter on my server).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    all dis... if somone wanted to feel "empowered" and not "objectified" why would they wear little to no armor, to show as much skin as possible?

Women want both.

They are contradictory by nature.

Oh snap you can change a few words in your copy and paste, congrats! You've proven all of my preconceived notions about you incorrect!
    oh my, my lil heart is just gonna burst...lets all do a gofundme for op so they can get some help for all their issues with reality...surely there is something that can help op with their issues, this is just so sad!

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm sure some do. They see someone out in Orgrimmar and inspect, they to get those pieces. They look at their toon all night, so it should be how they'd like them to look. I rarely ever notice anyone elses transmog, maybe 1 in every 500 people do I notice. And it's usually some obnoxious shit that draws the eye (like the bright yellow and orange hunter on my server).
    Well I'm sure some would think Derelicte is fashionable but I'm certainly not one of them.

Also, I rarely notice transmogs either unless they are in fact super grotesque. ...Usually too busy doing something to really care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Women want both.

They are contradictory by nature.
    You can have a bit of both with some thoughtful design but when you're going for underwear and socks as your mog, you get neither.

In fact the 'White Mage' look is about as risque as it gets for me.
    I had a character named White Lotus in UO, and with the extent of their dye system and crafting, it ended up being pretty slick looking. Even had some full on naruto looking people. WoW slacks so hard, not sure how it has lasted this long without so many of the MMORPG aspects that many people love.