Deleted

[Feretory of Souls] anyone tested to see if choas bolts is considered as fire dmg ?

Seen ppl talk about Choas bolt is a mix almost everything inc fire.

have anyone testet this ?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt it does say its fire.
    but still not been able to confirm the Item

Not quite. It's chaos damage so it deals damage based on the target's lowest resistance, but is still considered chaos damage and not fire. There's a similar situation with Veng DH where they heal thru fire damage, but an attack or 2 does chaos damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Not quite. It's chaos damage so it deals damage based on the target's lowest resistance, but is still considered chaos damage and not fire. There's a similar situation with Veng DH where they heal thru fire damage, but an attack or 2 does chaos damage.
    Eh shadow damage isn't it?

it deals chaos damage which counts as every spell school. you can even beat vizcidus in aq40 with chaosbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    it deals chaos damage which counts as every spell school. you can even beat vizcidus in aq40 with chaosbolt.
    I didn't know that, which means havoc will be great for that too since they have tons of chaos damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is considered a fire spell for sake of Feretory of Souls.

Deleted
    Chaos Bolt is not Chaos Damage FYI
    They removed the physical school from its list due to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes it is considered a fire spell for sake of Feretory of Souls.
    You sure it works with CB ?
    Have not tested this myself but i read elsewhere it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    Chaos Bolt is not Chaos Damage FYI
    They removed the physical school from its list due to PvP.

You sure it works with CB ?
    Have not tested this myself but i read elsewhere it does not.
    http://imgur.com/a/uK3wL

Seems to still be chaos damage, perhaps they changed the nature of chaos damage itself which wouldn't really be an issue probably considering at this point there are only 2 spells actively used that cause chaos damage I think.

CB does "pseudo-chaos" damage. It doesn't include physical or holy damage, which as far as anyone can surmise is for PvP purposes. That does mean that it is considered fire damage for anything that boosts fire damage, like the first artifact trait and the feretory.

Every other spell that does chaos damage, which is basically Demonbolt and some DH abilities, does full chaos damage which includes physical and holy like you would expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they have changed it again? CB used to do "true" chaos damage on beta and its damage type color on warcraftlogs was purple, as appropriate. Then Blizz changed it into "pseudo" chaos (i.e. shadow-frost-fire-arcane-... while excluding physical and holy) and its damage type color became a "rainbow" of all these magic school colors. But now the damage type color is once again shown as purple, just like it is for demon bolt and the DH abilities.

I remember someone saying that it "sometimes" works against Anti-magic Shell, now.
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2016-08-18 at 08:38 PM.

Locks have been requesting it become chaos damage for a while, is great until you get school locked then you have literally nothing to press...
    Demo is fine... play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    I wonder if they have changed it again?
    According to wowhead's spell data, it still does fire/nature/shadow/frost/arcane damage.

Deleted
    The problem is the wording on the Legendary item.
    "Casting a damaging Fire spell has a 15% chance to generate a Soul Shard."
    I can just see them making sure it ties only with the Fire school and not anything that includes Fire.

Chaos Bolt being reworked to be Chaos and then reworked again to not include Physical/Holy was just a kick in the teeth to PvP.
    I personally don't PvP all that much so i am not concerned but it was a strange change.