Thread: LochteGate

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    All 4 were involved in the incident. Of course everyone is focusing on Lochte as he's leaps and bounds the most famous of the bunch.

That doesn't really change that is was a bunch of young guys, for the most part, who were doing young stupid things. I'm not sure how many 20-21 year olds you know but this type of behavior is pretty much on bar for a bender night out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not arguing they shouldn't face consequences. But jesus does no one remember when they were 20? I swear people seem to think people roll past 2 decades and suddenly do nothing but make all the right choices.
    the incident is understandable, lying about it to the world however is a bit different. that was not part of "drunken shenanigans" .
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    the incident is understandable, lying about it to the world however is a bit different. that was not part of "drunken shenanigans" .
    Maybe I need to state this a bit more clearly.

The original incident is young drunken shenanigans. I want to pee -- ugh the door is closed -- let's break down the door! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

From what I read they even paid for the damages.

Why the lies started afterwards -- yes -- there isn't much excuse for that but I suspect something will come out that they were breaking olympic rules or somesuch. Cause otherwise they'd really have no reason to lie.

Anything with "Gate" slapped at the end honestly upsets me at this point. It's like when elderly people catch on to a new word they think is hip, so they abuse it and use it for everything.

(name)Gate
    (name)xit

And about "Brexit"...It was witty when someone called Greeks issue "Grexit". But adding "xit" to any european nation that has so much as a hiccup is stupid and tired at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Alligator crossing an open gate someone left open into a daycare

GateGatorGate, or perhaps GatorGateGate
    Someone was caught masturbating to a alligator zoo exhibit: GatorBaterGate
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lenonis, It would've been nothing if they had just made amends and moved on with their lives. Worse case the gas station story tells about the night old Lochte and the gang came through but nothing more of it. These fine gentlemen (mainly Lochte at this point) thought the best way to handle the situation was to make up some story about being rubbed at gunpoint. Law enforcement isn't going to take such a claim lightly. Those kind of false accusation is what starts witch hunts and gets innocent people hurt/thrown in jail, and they actually had people going along with it until the video popped up and people were wondering why Brazil wanted the men to stay in Rio for questioning.

False accusations aren't just shits and giggles.

sidenote: never knew the the suffix -gate could trigger so many people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What an absolute tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    I can't wait until someone does a controversy/scandal about an alligator.
    GatorGate has a good ring to it.

on topic; this is the oldest trick in the book, as a privileged white person the very first thing you do is blame a poor minority for your actions, because everyone is willing to believe it because that narrative is already widespread.

They really don't even try to make a compelling story up because they correctly expect people will just accept their bullshit as truth.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax
    You missed your shot with the Disney gator thing the other week.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You forgot a few people.

Gunnar Bentz age 20
    Jack Conger age 21
    James Feigen age 26

Want to try again?
    LMAO...first off the title of the thread is LOCHTE gate, reading is hard I know. Secondly pretty sure all those guys are considered adults in every country in the world. But thanks for playing.

I'm not arguing they shouldn't face consequences. But jesus does no one remember when they were 20? I swear people seem to think people roll past 2 decades and suddenly do nothing but make all the right choices.
    I remember it well as I am 29. When I was 20 I was out drinking with friends almost every night. But you see, I learned this thing called respect for property and others in those 2 decades. Maybe you were some fucked up hooligan when you were in your early 20's, but that doesn't speak for the majority nor does it make their actions excusable as "young people being stupid". There is also the fact only two of them were that young. The other two were 26 and 32 with the oldest being the main ring leader it seems.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    Anything with "Gate" slapped at the end honestly upsets me at this point. It's like when elderly people catch on to a new word they think is hip, so they abuse it and use it for everything.

(name)Gate
    (name)xit

And about "Brexit"...It was witty when someone called Greeks issue "Grexit". But adding "xit" to any european nation that has so much as a hiccup is stupid and tired at this point.
    I think the xit one was supposed to be (exit)..

Br(exit)
    Gr(exit)

I'm not sure if this is still in the kerfuffle zone or it's been elevated to a brouhaha.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Update:

Police seek indictment of Ryan Lochte, Jimmy Feigen

http://www.espn.com/olympics/swimmin...alse-reporting

Looks like Brazil doesn't take false accusations lightly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

While Lochte is obviously a complete dumbass, and a lying piece of shite, why would said security personel pull a gun on guys because they piss all over a urinal? I can understand them making them pay for the door, if that is indeed what happened. But if you look at the video, you really can't see anything. And their reasoning is that they were big and intoxicated, while true, based on the video, it sure doesn't seem like they were in any way agressive as they seem to be claiming.

Again, I think Lochte is a douche and a dumbass, but I also think there is more to this story than what has been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    While Lochte is obviously a complete dumbass, and a lying piece of shite, why would said security personel pull a gun on guys because they piss all over a urinal? I can understand them making them pay for the door, if that is indeed what happened. But if you look at the video, you really can't see anything. And their reasoning is that they were big and intoxicated, while true, based on the video, it sure doesn't seem like they were in any way agressive as they seem to be claiming.

Again, I think Lochte is a douche and a dumbass, but I also think there is more to this story than what has been reported.
    I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. I couldn't possibly speak to what's common practice in other countries, but in the US, if you suspect someone of causing damage to your property can you hold them at gunpoint until they pay you for the damages? I would think that would be committing another crime yourself. Maybe a licensed security guard could, but wouldn't it just be more likely that they would call the police if it got to that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. I couldn't possibly speak to what's common practice in other countries, but in the US, if you suspect someone of causing damage to your property can you hold them at gunpoint until they pay you for the damages? I would think that would be committing another crime yourself. Maybe a licensed security guard could, but wouldn't it just be more likely that they would call the police if it got to that point?
    they already admitted the lie, and they did call the police
    the security guard said they were very agressive, then he show them his badge and gun so they would not leave
    the police took too long to appear and they took off

and was not just piss, they broke a lot of shit in the bathroom

and from what i'am hearing here, they will not have that much trouble with the law, but they already talking that they may lose advertising contracts

who is Lochte?

Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger have left Brazil. Lochte is already in America, that leaves Feigen as the last one in Brazil for some reason.

I've been shaken down by off duty cops in Latin America, I know it happens and I tend to side with my fellow Americans on this. This won't come as a surprise to any Brazilians I know.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Gategate, when will the madness end.
    So would a Bill Gates scandal be a Billgate or a Gategate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    they already admitted the lie, and they did call the police
    the security guard said they were very agressive, then he show them his badge and gun so they would not leave
    the police took too long to appear and they took off

and was not just piss, they broke a lot of shit in the bathroom

and from what i'am hearing here, they will not have that much trouble with the law, but they already talking that they may lose advertising contracts
    That's all fine. I'm not objecting to any of that. But nothing in your post addresses anything that I said. I'm not even really sure why you replied to me, but thanks. I guess.

now they saying the the reports that they gave a confession are not true, and 3min of the video may be missing
    they also said that there are some girls involved that were in the cab, and they lied about to whole thing because one of them was with a girl and he has a girlfriend
    so maybe there's more to the story

they are already authorized to leave the contry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That's all fine. I'm not objecting to any of that. But nothing in your post addresses anything that I said. I'm not even really sure why you replied to me, but thanks. I guess.
    "I think the truth is usually somewhere in the middle." at that point the info was that they admited, so there's no middle (but now the confession may not be true)

" I couldn't possibly speak to what's common practice in other countries, but in the US, if you suspect someone of causing damage to your property can you hold them at gunpoint until they pay you for the damages? I would think that would be committing another crime yourself. Maybe a licensed security guard could, but wouldn't it just be more likely that they would call the police if it got to that point?"

they did call the police and i gave the reasons for the security guard to show them the gun, so they would not leave until the police was there and they were behaving in a erratic and agressive manner