Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are they also making the tier pieces usable for multiple specs like they were before the tokens? Not going to be fun if you have a 1/3 change (1/4 for druids) to get the piece to actually be your spec on top of having a class piece hit.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    can't run a 10m raid with priests, DH, pallies and locks because for some reason they are all on Conq.
    Those also had an increased chance to drop over the others.

This is beyond retarded. They're making a change back to the god awful loot system of Vanilla. I really don't understand how they can say "We want raid tiers to last 4-5 months" and then turn around and introduce this change? How the hell do they expect top end guilds to gear up fully in 4-5 months with such a ridiculous amount of RNG behind loot?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly get why there's not just a Super Token. One token that drops, usable by any class, and creates a tier item. That way it can be passed between members, no limitations on who, and also works better for Personal Loot because if you already have the item you can trade it to someone else.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    drop 4-5 clases entirely, use personal loot. trade. problem even more solved.
    bring 20 druids, use personal loot, problem solved entirely
    you got heals, tanks, melee, and ranged dps :P
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-19 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Are they also making the tier pieces usable for multiple specs like they were before the tokens? Not going to be fun if you have a 1/3 change (1/4 for druids) to get the piece to actually be your spec on top of having a class piece hit.

EDIT:

Those also had an increased chance to drop over the others.
    Tier has been for all specs of a class for the last 2 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're all being negative here, I'll provide a positive to this: You can gem and enchant the piece as soon as you get it and be ready to go instead of having to go back to whatever vendor and turn it in.

Now this won't apply for hardcore mythic progression guilds, because they'll likely be turning in tokens after every kill due to needing every piece of gear they can get early in the expac, but for more casual players it'll be helpful because the RL may not want to halt the raid for turn ins and such.

The negatives do seem to outweight the positives though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I don't honestly get why there's not just a Super Token. One token that drops, usable by any class, and creates a tier item. That way it can be passed between members, no limitations on who, and also works better for Personal Loot because if you already have the item you can trade it to someone else.
    Because they don't want guaranteed loot.

More what I meant was the tier tokens created strangely arbitrary requirements for raid comp. Can't run a raid of everyone on conq for 10m or no one on Prot for 20m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Since we're all being negative here, I'll provide a positive to this: You can gem and enchant the piece as soon as you get it and be ready to go instead of having to go back to whatever vendor and turn it in.
    You can already do that with the token system. You just right click it and you learn the item for your specific class/spec. They just killed that. So no, that's not a positive with this new tier looting.

Deleted
    Wild idea: why not make tier gear craftable and have a unique material that is required to craft it drop from bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no real guild will ever use personal loot -_-

this seems extremly fucked up change :/
    Dude, that's pretty stupid to say considering the changes they just made to personal loot. If one person gets a drop equal to or lower than their current item level on personal loot they can just trade it to someone else in the raid that could use it.

Blizzard said they had a system in place to reduce duplicate item drops for personal loot. Seems like they could expand that system a bit, but yeah, personal loot looks like the optimal gearing solution in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Dude, that's pretty stupid to say considering the changes they just made to personal loot. If one person gets a drop equal to or lower than their current item level on personal loot they can just trade it to someone else in the raid that could use it.
    The issue comes about when your - for example - 2 warlocks have full tier and a Warlock tier piece drops. It becomes a literally useless item.

I use personal loot so I am ok with this change
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Wild idea: why not make tier gear craftable and have a unique material that is required to craft it drop from bosses?
    Because not everyone levels professions or wants to. So locking tier behind professions is stupid.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

More importantly: has anyone confirmed this was actually said? Did Watcher say this during fatboss stream? Haven't seen a summary yet,
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    The issue comes about when your - for example - 2 warlocks have full tier and a Warlock tier piece drops. It becomes a literally useless item.
    sounds pretty much the same as now, chance for warforged, and other then that yeah, its 1/4 chance to not be for the right class but... yeah, gear is so common these days its not too much a issue

- - - Updated - - -

also do we have a video source of this? because i dont 100% trust this till we get a source?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sounds pretty much the same as now, chance for warforged, and other then that yeah, its 1/4 chance to not be for the right class but... yeah, gear is so common these days its not too much a issue

I'd argue someone getting 2/4pc is more worthwhile than someone with 2/4pc already getting a warforged upgrade. Also how is it 1/4 chance to not be for the right class? If all the pieces have the same drop rate - 1/12 (the amount of classes) - that's a much much smaller chance than 1/4 (the amount of classes on the conq token, just for this example).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    I'd argue someone getting 2/4pc is more worthwhile than someone with 2/4pc already getting a warforged upgrade. Also how is it 1/4 chance to not be for the right class? If all the pieces have the same drop rate - 1/12 (the amount of classes) - that's a much much smaller chance than 1/4 (the amount of classes on the conq token, just for this example).
    because where talking under each token... the system was allways a 1/4 with what token would drop, but now its also got a 1/4 for the gear