Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Playful crap talk is fine, it's good to play mindgames with your opponent. I hate the hugbox mentality of censoring people in a video game.

They aren't swearing or using racial epithets they are saying "ez"
    And you can still say "ez".
    They just change it if you say, specifically "gg ez" Not if you say "ez," "gg" or anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And you can still say "ez".
    They just change it if you say, specifically "gg ez" Not if you say "ez," "gg" or anything else
    I don't even say "gg ez" I just still don't like it, it's not a swear or ToS breaking, I don't agree with a company altering my text.

It's more offensive that they don't think their players can handle a little ribbing.

Deleted
    Lol it's just a cheeky joke on blizzard's part

I really am dumbfounded at the amount of people who get so easily upset online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even say "gg ez" I just still don't like it, it's not a swear or ToS breaking, I don't agree with a company altering my text.

It's more offensive that they don't think their players can handle a little ribbing.
    If that's what they thought, they'd remove the ability to say "ez" and all the versions of it. They literally just removed "gg ez"

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If that's what they thought, they'd remove the ability to say "ez" and all the versions of it. They literally just removed "gg ez"
    But if it's not against the ToS, they shouldn't do it at all, it makes no sense.

I'm not defending "gg ez" I dislike when companies censor things that shouldn't be censored on principal.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    New chat filter on PTR to deal with smug endgame taunts like "GG EZ". Not sure if this will make it to live, but it'll be quite hilarious if it does.
    Credit to CaptianJeepy on the Overwatch subreddit for finding this.
    Can we get Torbjorn and Bastions gg or such comments filtered? Add the end of every game they swap to them at the end and go GG while I'm just thinking "How salty are you that you had to swap and either lost or barely won because you swapped last moment and plowed people down before they could adjust"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    I use phrases like ;
    GG ez
    Ez
    Ez get rekt
    get rekt scrubs
    you all suck
    carried
    Uninstall scrub

So unless blizz completely take out chat (which they should imo) ill continue to do so.
    So many shit players in this game seems as its dumbed down for the 5 year old audience they deserve to get smack talk especially when half your team dont even know what the word 'contest' means.
    That's cool, there's a mute button in game for people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Can we get Torbjorn and Bastions gg or such comments filtered? Add the end of every game they swap to them at the end and go GG while I'm just thinking "How salty are you that you had to swap and either lost or barely won because you swapped last moment and plowed people down before they could adjust"
    "Is this EZ mode?"

Deleted
    Leavers in ranked and people that say "GG EZ" should have all their sound effects replaced with Tracer saying "Cheers luv, the cavalry is here" and if they disable the sound they'll get the face of Tracer with the phrase in giant letters over their screen instead.

Blizzard is really going to the extremes.

No "Global" chat on Heroes of the Storm matches (can't talk to enemy team), to now replacing 'gg ez' with random sentences...

Let people say whatever they want... if they go to extremes and are abusive\offensive, report function and mute\silence\ban them, whatever... but this is just way too silly.

Also, this is just silly. People will just say gg easy or ggez , or anything similar to it... this literally does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The truly ironic thing is that all these people complaining about "hugbox" types crying about their feels and making this change happen are themselves complaining that they no longer have THEIR hugbox, and THEIR feels are hurt by this.

Eh, I don't think that's the case. There's a lot of people who aren't losing any sleep over it but detest the idea of needless censorship and speak out against it when they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 76 View Post
    Eh, I don't think that's the case. There's a lot of people who aren't losing any sleep over it but detest the idea of needless censorship and speak out against it when they can.
    Which isn't really different from people speaking out against needless hostility/abuse when they can.

It's really two sides of the same coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if it's not against the ToS, they shouldn't do it at all, it makes no sense.

I'm not defending "gg ez" I dislike when companies censor things that shouldn't be censored on principal.
    Oh yeah, having fun is bad and shouldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which isn't really different from people speaking out against needless hostility/abuse when they can.

It's really two sides of the same coin.
    The hilarious thing about all this is when folks only pull this two-sided coin when the other complains.

-A: Horsemint is bad
    -B: boo! stop with the feels
    -A: shut up you hate-filled pathetic loser.

-B: Sensorship is bad
    -A: You're upset that we were upset. One coin to rule them all.

It's fascinating that "you're as bad as we are" is a rhetorical defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming up next in blizzard games, digital mommy and daddy telling you what you can and can't do.

This is just sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Coming up next in blizzard games, digital mommy and daddy telling you what you can and can't do.

This is just sad.
    And why is that? It's not like they're stopping you from trolling, being an ass, or just saying "gg" and "ez" on two different lines.

Deleted
    I think it's kinda funny. If you're butthurt over it, you are making a big deal out of something incredibly minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to check PTR, and people kept spamming it over and over during match - more annoying than simple "GG ez" at end of round.

No matter what people are going to say something along the lines of GGEZ. I think it's pointless to try and change certain phrases, it just leads to new phrases. I get it blizzard wanted to have fun with those who say GG EZ but meh still think it was pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So instead they shouldn't do this, because people like you are "triggered" over not being able to say "GG EZ"?

Blizzard's code of conduct, binding under the EULA that you agreed to using Battle.net and any related service (including Overwatch); https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...ngame-policies

"You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others."

If someone's offended by you saying "GG EZ", you're breaking the code of conduct, and Blizzard can take action against your account.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure most of us just think it's funny.
    I`m offended because you`re a nigger. You should be banned.

Infracted - Minor Flaming.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-09-07 at 07:20 AM.