I always refresh my dots on my targets if they are about to fall off before using VE. I dunno, maybe it's a bad thing to do but I feel it's weird to have VE not hitting at its fullest and I don't really like spending my VF time recasting my dots manually.

Am i doing it wrong or nah ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    Oh sure, it will work for levelling. I think he was trying to theorycraft having T18 2pc bonus and T19 2pc bonus active in raids. That is not going to be intended behaviour.
    Yes I was talking about raids. You see, I compared insanity gain from mindbender on one archimonde kill (so just one, not statistically valid theorycraft) to the idea 'instead of t18 I would have t19 2pc'. Turns out that IPS from Mindbender was something like 5.1 and IPS from dot tics was 3.3 (StM taken into consideration). So based on this Mindbender produces more insanity than dot ticks (once again, n = 1 so not really valid in any way). Hence I asked if anyone *had* theorycrafted this.

But the whole thing is moot, as you said, Bliz would probably disable t18 if it would provide supremacy over t19 4pc bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I always refresh my dots on my targets if they are about to fall off before using VE. I dunno, maybe it's a bad thing to do but I feel it's weird to have VE not hitting at its fullest and I don't really like spending my VF time recasting my dots manually.

Am i doing it wrong or nah ?
    If you are referring to my earlier post about the priority of Void Eruption and Mind Blast, then yes, I would refresh dots before VEing. However, once in a while I find myself using Void Eruption so that both dots are still on the target(s) but SW: P is going to fall off before the next Void Bolt hits. Then I usually use Void Eruption -> Mind Blast (while SW: P falls off) -> SW: P (instead of Mind Flay) -> Void Bolt. I dont know which would be better, delay Void Eruption for 1 gcd or replace filler MF with SW: P cast. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Is it me, or does pulling a boss remove almost all insanity now? Was that in before?

Quote Originally Posted by abdus18 View Post
    Is it me, or does pulling a boss remove almost all insanity now? Was that in before?
    It knocks you down to 20 insanity, and it hasn't always been like that.

If anyones interested, I made this for how to gear up your artifact.

http://imgur.com/a/tLBOo

Basically if you see your self grinding at least 8 hours a day for the first week you want to go option 1 > 3 > 2. If not you need to go 1 > 2 >3, MH is a requirement for raids, so not having it would be a pretty significant loss for your dps.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Uhh isn't it the other way around? If you grind alot you go the long route for mass hysteria. If not you get call of the void.

Drye is correct. Mass Hysteria is the most important trait for raiding as shadow priest. You should reasonably be able to get 23/24 traits before normal/heroic raid opens (4th week into the expansion) with a bit of grinding and being on top of artifact knowledge research.

Quote Originally Posted by Elofyn View Post
    But the whole thing is moot, as you said, Bliz would probably disable t18 if it would provide supremacy over t19 4pc bonus.?
    Since the new Tset is a 6pc, wouldnt it be possible to wear T18 Shoulders+Gloves and T19 Head/Back/Chest/Legs? And getting both boni?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulle View Post
    Drye is correct. Mass Hysteria is the most important trait for raiding as shadow priest. You should reasonably be able to get 23/24 traits before normal/heroic raid opens (4th week into the expansion) with a bit of grinding and being on top of artifact knowledge research.
    Well that's suprising. Considered I read before that we are barely able to get mass hysteria via the long route and now we're able to get both cotv + long route MH?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Since the new Tset is a 6pc, wouldnt it be possible to wear T18 Shoulders+Gloves and T19 Head/Back/Chest/Legs? And getting both boni?
    Its highly unlikely that T18 set bonuses work at lvl 110.

Deleted
    And miss out a potential legendary? Hell no. The sheer loss of stats on 2 items just won't be worth it. And Blizzard would disable them anyway if it was being used.

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    And miss out a potential legendary? Hell no. The sheer loss of stats on 2 items just won't be worth it. And Blizzard would disable them anyway if it was being used.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=132409/a...les&bonus=1811 Wrist
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=133973/t...uch&bonus=1811 Ring
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=132864/m...ess&bonus=1811 Waist
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=132437/m...ion&bonus=1811 Shoulder

So 3/4 of the DPS increasing Legendarys (I guess the head which increases healing done from VE during VF wont be used in raids) arent on a Setitem slot.
    And you have the chance to get the boots - also not on Setitem slots.

But yeah, the statsloss is pretty hight, aroung 2k int if you take both slots :/ Still, the insanity regeneration of nearly perma Mindbender could be worth it..
    /edit and it also increases the uptime of the mindbender by more then 100%, so that alone is a xx% dps increase ...
    Last edited by Alexieel; 2016-08-21 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysgarthiad View Post
    Well that's suprising. Considered I read before that we are barely able to get mass hysteria via the long route and now we're able to get both cotv + long route MH?
    Likely people were either 1. basing their assumptions on casuals who are likely to miss days if not week(s) worth of AK quests/research or 2. not making educated guesses. As a competitive raider, you should get at the very minimum of 21-22 artifact traits with absolutely minimum work (no grinding). Any less than that, that means you missed weekly/daily, AK research or didn't finish zone quests.
    Last edited by Kulle; 2016-08-21 at 12:13 AM.

While I agree that CttV > long route MH is the best path for leveling > dungeon > raid in the order that content is being released in Legion, I am incredibly skeptical on our ability to reach 23 (or even 22 w/o Sinister Thoughts) points before mythic raids come out. By this time our AK will be Rank 5 at 200% gain, which I do not believe is enough to reach the large AP costs of 50880+, regardless what the spreadsheets say. If I recall in beta the base AP tokens gave at a maximum 300 (please correct me if I am wrong in my recollection).

For the reasons listed above I rescind my previous statement a while back about going CttV > long route and potentially respeccing. I would much rather have less of a presence in mythic dungeons and beginner mythic+ than not be able to reach MH by the time mythic raids come out. Therefore I'm going long route MH > CttV (potentially skipping Sinister Thoughts based on the rate I am gaining AP at that time).

I'm pretty deadset on this path, but if you can convince me otherwise using empirical evidence, I will gladly change my intended build.

Can we please move on from trying to cheese two set bonuses? It's either entirely not worth it or it'll get nerfed to shit if people do it. It's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    Can we please move on from trying to cheese two set bonuses? It's either entirely not worth it or it'll get nerfed to shit if people do it. It's a moot point.
    ^^ Please.

But this does does bring up a point that it may be later in the expansion we will have two 2sets and one 4set. Not unlike mix-and-matching sets in Diablo 3 with the RoRG in order to maximize performance. I may be late to this epiphany, but I find it exhilarating that we might be with our T20 2set (insanity from DoTs) for a pretty long while. Maybe enough that we're so dependent on it that Blizzard makes it baseline?

Two 2Ps and one 4P? On sets with six pieces? Math there seems kind of off..

Having three different 2Ps could potentially be a thing. They would have to make the later 2Ps weak and 4Ps strong to prevent that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    why is it off? wouldnt using 2 pieces of one set and using 4 pieces of a different set result in two 2piece and one 4piece bonus? with 6 piece sets it should be possible since 2+4 is 6 right? lol

I'm a little tired so this may be too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Please for future posts use your brain before making a comment because it spares someone the time for correcting your improper correction, and confusing others with incorrect information.
    2+2+4 != 6 but 2+4 == 6
    Two 2set and a 4set means a 4set with its 2set plus an additional 2set.
    So for skeptics out there from my post, it is entirely possible we will be benefiting from more than just a 4set and its conjoined 2set for the second tier of Legion.

"two 2sets", for native english speakers, indicates two two-set bonuses in addition to the 4set.

What you mean is "a 2set and a 4set". A 4 piece set and a 2 piece set.